A-10c refusing to trim.

Divinity10

Hi everyone,

Back to DCS from a long break and it appears my ability to trim the A-10c is gone. I've got long hours in the A-10c and more than used to trimming so I'm pretty confident it's not user error. I've tried using the default keyboard controls, reassigning it to my stick and tried rebinding buttons. I even followed some older threads from patch 1.5 who said they had the same problem. Turned off FFB in the controls (I have a non-FB Stick) , tried switching to emergency trim override, pulled the trim fuse from the board and reset trim while holding the plane level. Literally nothing is working. No matter what I do, the plane rolls to the right around 45 degrees. If I manually level it off using the stick, it lifts it's nose until around 125knts and then begins to lower. Flaps are retracted and I've tried in both ramp start and airbone. Same result.

Is this some kind of funky new bug and has anyone had the same issue who found a fix?

Thanks everyone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi everyone,

Back to DCS from a long break and it appears my ability to trim the A-10c is gone. I've got long hours in the A-10c and more than used to trimming so I'm pretty confident it's not user error. I've tried using the default keyboard controls, reassigning it to my stick and tried rebinding buttons. I even followed some older threads from patch 1.5 who said they had the same problem. Turned off FFB in the controls (I have a non-FB Stick) , tried switching to emergency trim override, pulled the trim fuse from the board and reset trim while holding the plane level. Literally nothing is working. No matter what I do, the plane rolls to the right around 45 degrees. If I manually level it off using the stick, it lifts it's nose until around 125knts and then begins to lower. Flaps are retracted and I've tried in both ramp start and airbone. Same result.

Is this some kind of funky new bug and has anyone had the same issue who found a fix?

Thanks everyone.

Hi Divinity10,

Do you have a track you can post here? Maybe one of us will be able to see something you might be missing in the cockpit.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Hi Divinity10,

Do you have a track you can post here? Maybe one of us will be able to see something you might be missing in the cockpit.

Hi Eaglecash,

Thanks for your fast response. Please see attached for a quick inflight fast mission track. I've not adjusted any switches such as Emergency Trim Override on this track.

Note that the trim tabs appear to be fully extended on the wings. Nothing I do can reset or alter them.

A10c Trim.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Eaglecash,

Thanks for your fast response. Please see attached for a quick inflight fast mission track. I've not adjusted any switches such as Emergency Trim Override on this track.

Note that the trim tabs appear to be fully extended on the wings. Nothing I do can reset or alter them.

I'll fire it up in a little bit and see what I can find.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Looks like you have everything set up right in the cockpit. I'm seeing your control issue, right up to the point that I take control of the aircraft. Once I do that, she levels off and flies normally. Must be a setup problem with your stick. Check your Axis commands and, just to be safe, delete all of the axis commands for each controller in your setup. Then, go back and manually assign the axis commands to the controller and axis you want them to come from. Double-check the buttons that are assigned to your pitch and roll trim too. I know that with some sticks, DCS will set its own defaults, and sometimes it does weird things like assigning aileron or elevator controls to a throttle axis, and vice versa. The behavior I'm seeing in your track reminds me of what happens when I load up the A-10A and try to fly that without editing its controller profile. The default axis assignments are all screwed up.

Looks like you have everything set up right in the cockpit. I'm seeing your control issue, right up to the point that I take control of the aircraft. Once I do that, she levels off and flies normally. Must be a setup problem with your stick. Check your Axis commands and, just to be safe, delete all of the axis commands for each controller in your setup. Then, go back and manually assign the axis commands to the controller and axis you want them to come from. Double-check the buttons that are assigned to your pitch and roll trim too. I know that with some sticks, DCS will set its own defaults, and sometimes it does weird things like assigning aileron or elevator controls to a throttle axis, and vice versa. The behavior I'm seeing in your track reminds me of what happens when I load up the A-10A and try to fly that without editing its controller profile. The default axis assignments are all screwed up.

You're a star! For some weird reason, my steering wheel (for the rudder pedals) had secretly assigned itself to roll. I was fighting that the whole time! I hate it when games auto-assign axis haha. Not sure why that wouldn't let me alter the trim tabs but I'm not going to question it ha.

Just disabled the sneaky axis binding and she instantly self righted herself. I was so focused on the trim settings that the roll axis hadn't even occured to me :doh:.

Thanks for your help Eaglecash! :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:thumbup::D