2.5.5.31917 - INS Align takes longer than QUAL

boscoh

Whether in CV or GND align modes, the actual alignment takes longer than once the system shows QUAL: 0.5 OK.

I think (but can't confirm) that the expected behavior is for the moving map and position to show up once the system gets to this point.

However the map and position show up between 20-45 seconds after getting to QUAL 0.5 OK.

Until the map and position show up, your waypoint distances are incorrect.

It seems like QUAL time just needs to be adjusted and is probably too fast.

See attached track. QUAL happens at TIME: 25s; map and position show up at TIME: 54s.

INS - qual time incorrect.trk

Edited by boscoh

3800X, X570, 32GB 3600, RTX 2080Ti, SSD, Odyssey+ VR

I've had the same findings. Agreed, the QUAL countdown is too fast. There's no way you get a full alignment in 35 seconds (current countdown to 0.5 OK), while the A-10C takes 4 minutes with EGI.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Just wanted to follow up on this. I've seen some comments from Wags and NineLine that you just have to leave it on align until it shows up. I know fully simulated INS and GPS are planned. Just wondering, is this a bug/not a bug/WIP?

Thanks!

3800X, X570, 32GB 3600, RTX 2080Ti, SSD, Odyssey+ VR

So far, my experience has been - turn to GND or CV and leave it until you see your current location on the AMPCD show up with real coordinates. The map shows up regardless, so just wait until you see your location and coordinates before touching the dial.

Its definitely a WIP.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs