Ejection seat does not work in 2.5.5

Airhunter

It doesn't work in SP either.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Yea, have the same problem so probably bug, I actually use it a lot i MP to give the MEDEVAC pilots something to do. ;)

Huey. Intel X5660 4,2ghz, 24gb ddr3, gtx 1060 6gb

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

• 3 weeks later...

I am also having this issue. The canopy jettison animation is visible when starting the ejection sequence. However, the canopy remains in place on the aircraft along with the pilot, and the aircraft remains controllable. My only choice after being hit with a missile is to go down with the plane. It's back to WWI days.

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

• 1 month later...

*bump* This issue has not been addressed in over a month. I have uploaded a track file as proof. I am still unable to eject after updating to the latest open beta today.

noejection.trk

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

Found something - the Viggen only ejects properly when the canopy is raised fully. After taking damage, if you slow down enough and raise the canopy, the pilot will eject properly once it's up - and no sooner. Sometimes if the canopy manages to raise enough before getting blown off, that'll also work. IT's odd.

• 2 weeks later...

This bug is still present. Here is a YouTube video of it happening.

This thread exists for about a month now and so far none of the devs has even acknowledged it...

The Viggen is not really getting the attention it deserves :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I am able to eject by jettisoning the canopy first. And it seems to make a difference whether I'm using F2 or F1 display (outside or in cockpit) regarding both the animations and whether ejection actually takes place.

(I'd actually prefer single click ejection, i'm too slow to repeatedly click 3xeject. But that's due to ED, I guess.)

Edited by RedX

Intel Core i7 9700K@4.6GHz|ASUS Strix Z390-H|G.Skill DDR4 32GB@3200MHz|MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti|2xSSD 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 RAID0|SSD Samsung 850 EVO|Corsair HX 750W|Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout|UWQHD 34"|Valve Index|Logitech G9|MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000|VPC WarBRD Base+MongoosT-50CM2 Grip|VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle|VKB T-Rudder|Beyerdynamic DT770|Boom mic|Windows 10 Home

Sometimes I am able to eject by jettisoning the canopy first. And it seems to make a difference whether I'm using F2 or F1 display (outside or in cockpit) regarding both the animations and whether ejection actually takes place.

(I'd actually prefer single click ejection, i'm too slow to repeatedly click 3xeject. But that's due to ED, I guess.)

No way, the number of times in IL2 that i have hit the wrong modifier and ended up bailing out is unreal. 3x is best imo

Ok after testing with Instant Action mission, I concluded the following:

- ejection using eject button x 3 does not work

- ejection with canopy jettison + eject button x 3 works, provided that:

* eject button is not clicked before ejecting canopy

* other views than F1 cockpit view are not used at all (going back to F1 does not help)

- canopy jettison works in F1 view

- in outside view e.g. F2 there is ejection animation but canopy stays on the plane; when returning to F1 view the canopy shows as jettisoned

I did not test ground take off or cold start.

Track files attached.

This should help in pinpointing the bug.

Tracks.zip

Intel Core i7 9700K@4.6GHz|ASUS Strix Z390-H|G.Skill DDR4 32GB@3200MHz|MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti|2xSSD 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 RAID0|SSD Samsung 850 EVO|Corsair HX 750W|Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout|UWQHD 34"|Valve Index|Logitech G9|MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000|VPC WarBRD Base+MongoosT-50CM2 Grip|VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle|VKB T-Rudder|Beyerdynamic DT770|Boom mic|Windows 10 Home