So c3 fuel is in mission editor...

What is the deal with MW-50? Apparently there are binds for it in game? Is this leftover from the Dora?

I thought it was also only tested then abandoned due to cylinders cracking, but other sources claim that due to shortages of some sort they converted some aircraft with C3 injection to MW-50 near the end of the war???

Will this be coming later also or is it just a leftover piece of code from the Dora?

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

• ED Team
What is the deal with MW-50? Apparently there are binds for it in game? Is this leftover from the Dora?

I thought it was also only tested then abandoned due to cylinders cracking, but other sources claim that due to shortages of some sort they converted some aircraft with C3 injection to MW-50 near the end of the war???

Will this be coming later also or is it just a leftover piece of code from the Dora?

Some of the code from the Dora was used in the Anton, when I first started testing the Anton, the cockpit had about 12 buttons/Switches labels MW-50... so its just WIP Early Access. I am sure the C3 will be implemented similar to the MW-50, which is why the code was used.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Don't confuse the use of C3 fuel as the primary fuel with the additional C3 injection system. When they increased the manifold pressure they found, that the fuel injection pump could only barely deliver enough fuel to the cylinders, so the mixture got quiet lean.

So they added an additional fuel line a simple pump and a single nozzle. Very simple and cheaper, but highly effective.

• ED Team

C3 injection into the blower will never be. I wrote before, why.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Your sources are wrong regarding "always C3" or you misinterpret them. If you take a look at the Teil 7 Flugzeug-Handbuch you can see how this system works. There is no signs of additional injection, but there is a mentioning that all planes equipped with this system are to be marked with a yellow circle at the certain place. So, one can take a look at the WWII photos to determine if the certain plane had WEP.

So, the facts are that not all A8 planes had this system and the most common sytem was dry, without C3 injection.

By the way, I asked Erich Brunotte if his A8 had any WEP system, and the answer was negative.

As far as I was told, WEP mostly used to compensate weight and drag incease of the special modifications of A8 rather than to enhance clean fighter.

And, finally, what your sources tell about the reason, why it was 1.58 at 1st gear and 1.65 at the second?

Anyway, nothing has prohibited to consider that the plane in DCS can not have this system... regarding the fact that it is modelled from the start.

The C3 fuel had to be used for all 190s with BMW 801 D-2 in general this was due to increased MP to 1,42 ATA from D-1. C3 fuel prevented preemptive detonations of fuel in cylinder(higher octane number).

I believe youre talking about the C3-Einspritzung which was indeed used only for the fighter bomber variants(JABOs - F-8 for example) to increase power at ground levels(used in altitudes only up to 1000m).

This system was increasing manifold pressure by injecting fuel directly into the compressor intake.

The WEP system MadCat describes is the Erhöhte Notleistung. Theres a really complicated technical description in czech how they solved it but im not good enough in english to translate.

In a short the main problem was the Kommandogerät regulator which allowed only 1,42 ATA. There was no time to completely rework it so a solution was made to bypass this limitation.

Heres a google translation of the description:

Erhöhte Notleistung für Jäger:

The device is very simple in principle - the filling pressure is increased by direct injection of a larger amount of the mixture into the cylinder. But everything was complicated by the Kommandogerät itself, respectively. the controller located in it. It was designed so that the mixture into the cylinder just released at a maximum filling pressure of 1.42 ATA. It would be necessary to completely rework the controller, which was not enough time (this was done in series with the later BMW 801 E series, which includes TS and TH). To increase the emergency power, the pressure in the air supply line leading to the Kommandogerätu mechanical devices has been reduced. The reduction was achieved by installing another channel through which a portion of this air could leave the cock to open - the cock was controlled directly from the cockpit of the fighter. The channel was connected to the system behind the fuel mixer and just in front of the key boost pressure regulator.

Everything was designed so that the main air supply channel for the engine behind the throttle valve is divided into the main (supplying air or mixture to the cylinders) and the secondary (regulating) branch. A small amount of air passed through the control branch - fuel mixture richness regulator and boost pressure regulator. The other device did not allow the throttle to release the fuel mixture into the engine at a pressure higher than 1.42 ATA. However, after the treatment, part of the air before the boost pressure regulator was dropped from the control branch and the pressure therein decreased. In order to level the pressures, the regulator further opened the throttle - more air was flowing and the fuel pump supplied more fuel to maintain the desired blend richness. Thus, the pressure in the control air duct was restored to its original value, but the mixture itself was already flowing below the higher filling pressure - the first stage of the compressor 1.58 and the second 1.65 ATA.

The device was introduced as standard from July 1944. But besides the kit itself, it was necessary to use thicker pistons, other spark plugs and valves (so that the engine could withstand more load). And then a more powerful fuel pump - so that it can deliver enough fuel at increased filling pressure.

The equipment could be used for ten minutes as prescribed, the original maximum filling pressure of 1.42 ATA could be used for this engine without any time limit.

As mentioned above, the Kommandogerät itself has already been modified for the E-Series engines, the BMW 801 TH and TS, and it was enough to push the throttle forward to increase the 1.65 ATA boost pressure. But even here, since January 1945, Eröhte Notleistung has been installed to further increase performance.

Im not responsible for the quality of translation but hopefuly it makes atleast a little bit of sense.

https://www.spruemaster.com/wp-content/gallery/manual/FW190A8.pdf

Edited by Marduk879