She is sooo slow...

River

[PERFORMS AS EXPECTED] She is sooo slow...

Don’t know about the flying part, but in MP it’s worse then the K4 when it comes to absorbing P51 50’s. I spent belts and belts today to watch them fly away. Even had one fly away in a big ball of fire. Didn’t even hurt it. The flashes of fire when you hit are great but it does no damage and only frustrates you to see hundreds of rounds hit and it do nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Campbell

LOL air quake whiners, im not having any issues with this airframe and i do much better with it than the D9. FLy it more and learn its envelop it does just fine against the allied aircraft if flown well and to its abilities.

Things will drastically change also when that damage model comes out and this thing soaks up the hits and the weak fragile merlin will go tits up real quick

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Don’t know about the flying part, but in MP it’s worse then the K4 when it comes to absorbing P51 50’s. I spent belts and belts today to watch them fly away. Even had one fly away in a big ball of fire. Didn’t even hurt it. The flashes of fire when you hit are great but it does no damage and only frustrates you to see hundreds of rounds hit and it do nothing.

Have had no problem knocking the A8 out of the air with the Mustang. In fact, thought it went down rather easily.

Agreed, it does in every server I flown except Burning Skies, darn near impossible on that server. I don’t know why, but it’s definitely different.

Edited by Campbell

Agreed, it does in every server I flown except Burning Skies, darn near impossible on that server. I don’t know why, but it’s definitely different on that server.

Heheh, maybe left(put) the invulnerable tag on it? :music_whistling:

Heheh, maybe left(put) the invulnerable tag on it? :music_whistling:

Na, it’s not invulnerable, but it’s beefed up or something. Flew other servers and brought it down in two burst, easy peasy. On BS i shot at least 10 of them, hundreds of hits, empty the magazines and the majority of them carry on. Whole squad experienced the same thing.

Na, it’s not invulnerable, but it’s beefed up or something. Flew other servers and brought it down in two burst, easy peasy. On BS i shot at least 10 of them, hundreds of hits, empty the magazines and the majority of them carry on. Whole squad experienced the same thing.

Hmm, no way to really beef it up that I have ever seen/heard about without some serious hacks. Doubt they are doing that.

Hmm, no way to really beef it up that I have ever seen/heard about without some serious hacks. Doubt they are doing that.

Just telling my experience. The trippy one was the one that was a ball of fire and flew all the way home. First I’ve ever seen that in DCS

Why are people surprised that th FW 190A8 is bad in air to air vs the P51D and Spit 9? There is a reason why the germans went to the effort of building the FW190 D9....... Just look at the top speeds of the aircraft. P51D is waaayyy faster and the spit 9 is almost as fast on the deck and faster at higher altitudes.

It should have been obvious.

The gap is too huge, little disadvantage ok but this is like flying the yak. It is a dead horse right out of the box which shouldn't be the case. Many players will complain ...

Hahaha, now you know how P51D pilots feel vs the 109K4.

Are you all sure the cowl flaps are closed and the flaps are up? do a split S at 1000 meters and see the airspeed peg, set 50 % fuel and burn the aft tank first.. I got off of work today, and couldn't wait to fly it. I TURNED THE SOUND ALL THE WAY UP! Blippity blappety lump lump lump. (chough)... It sounded like 10 Harleys... I tried too pull the wings off and couldn't, its a very stable A/C, I am impressed.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The gap is too huge, little disadvantage ok but this is like flying the yak. It is a dead horse right out of the box which shouldn't be the case. Many players will complain ...

Its a FW 190 A8, what is there to complain about? Its slow compared to the p51 and spit 9. You can probably hit and run vs the spit 9 as long as you dive below 5000 feet to run away. But the P51D will catch you and eat you in any situation. P51D is the fastest aircraft in a dive of all the WW2 aircraft, until we get the P47.

BTW if you think the FW A8 is bad? Just try flying the P47 when it come out lol. Its not going to do very well below 25000feet. But ill get it cause its a cool plane.

Edited by Snapage

Are you all sure the cowl flaps are closed and the flaps are up? do a split S at 1000 meters and see the airspeed peg, set 50 % fuel and burn the aft tank first.. I got off of work today, and couldn't wait to fly it. I TURNED THE SOUND ALL THE WAY UP! Blippity blappety lump lump lump. (chough)... It sounded like 10 Harleys... I tried too pull the wings off and couldn't, its a very stable A/C, I am impressed.

My thoughts also, she can dive like a devil been to 700 indicated many of times and can bfm and acm her with ease :joystick: love her

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Spd vs Alt chart for Fw190A8 vs Spit MkIX. With boost on, Fw190A8 is either comparable or superior at medium altitudes or lower.

That data is from a Spitfire F Mk IX it seems, with Merlin 61. The Spit LF Mk IX with Merlin 66 would be at around 335 mph at sea level with +18 boost, also it's top speed is at around 23k feet, the chart you showed has a top speed at roughly 27k feet, compatible with the earlier F Mk IX with the less powerful higher altitude optimized Merlin 61.

And that 350 mph Fw 190 A-8 value seems to be a 1.58/1.65 ata one with ETC bomb rack. DCS has the previous configuration with 1.42 ata. It also has it's top speed slightly below 20k feet, showing the boosted later settings, the earlier one has it's top speed slightly above 20k feet.

In the dogfight thread I posted a chart of what would be roughly expected with the engine settings the planes have, taken from real charts (this A-8 without ETC)

unknown.png

Edited by SuperEtendard

All this talk about dogfighting in the A-8, but by the time Normandy, the Lf. MkIX, and Delta Mustang came out, didn't the Germans delegate the short-nose 190s to the ground attack role? This discussion sounds like misplaced expectations to me.

All this talk about dogfighting in the A-8, but by the time Normandy, the Lf. MkIX, and Delta Mustang came out, didn't the Germans delegate the short-nose 190s to the ground attack role? This discussion sounds like misplaced expectations to me.

The A8 was deployed in air to air action during Normandy (soon after the landings). Someone posted a series of actual engagements I think that prove this, I just can't recall where I saw it.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

D-9 was simply upgrade from A-8 so when D-9 hit 600kph easy dont expec A-8 to be at the same range.

IRC fw190 A series were great before mkIX when they were fighting hurricanes and spits MKIVs.

Any way in real combat 1vs1 factor is negligible.

But to be honest fw190 A-8 ammong spitMKIX.p-51d isnt good fighter overal (or at least 1.56ATA)

We need something like bf-109 g14 this one would fit perfect

and we need fw190 F8 for ground ops

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

got slaughtered yesterday on burning skies:D

i still like her and shes a pretty good diver, builds up speed fast but i find it hard to compete with P-51 and Spit u just cant shake em.

i guess its up to tactics and teamplay to get the most out of it.

Anyone wanna join up on bs? need a wing man dearly

Changes introduced in the Fw 190 A-8 also included the C3-injection Erhöhte Notleistung emergency boost system to the fighter variant of the Fw 190 A (a similar system with less power had been fitted to some earlier Jabo variants of the 190 A), raising power to 1,980 PS (1,953 hp, 1,456 kW) for a short time.

I hope DCS will add the boost

By the way:

I like that module a lot ! Sound is good but not perfect, handling is super easy. Takeoffs n landings are a breeze, rudder is well done and not that overresponsive ... Lot's to like, except the performance makes it unusable, which was not the case in real life.

Changes introduced in the Fw 190 A-8 also included the C3-injection Erhöhte Notleistung emergency boost system to the fighter variant of the Fw 190 A (a similar system with less power had been fitted to some earlier Jabo variants of the 190 A), raising power to 1,980 PS (1,953 hp, 1,456 kW) for a short time.

So DCS could add this device.. I hope...

So DCS could add this device.. I hope...

Fw 190 A-8/R4 — The A-8/R4 featured GM1 nitrous boost to the standard BMW 801 D/Q engine. GM1 (nitrous oxide) injection increased power for short amounts of time, up to 10 minutes at a time. A 20 minute supply was usually carried.

What I am trying to say: there will be no experts with the A8 in it's current state, I don't complain for nothing. It is useless, waste of time, they will rip your wings off. I tested it on burning skies, they fly through you. FM is off, heavy armor, fuel, boost, temperature, what not ... A8 should be able to bring a fight to an opponent. It can't. Night fellas.

If you just want to fly the best plane always just take your F18 and start taking down everything, if that is the meta that you are looking for of course. However, as I understand it, we are here for simulation and sometimes you will find yourself in scenarios where you will have an inferior tool, conditions, or luck. Flying a different and iconic plane like the A8 is enough for me and yes, it has its weaknesses, but you can counter them by flying smart or with a wingman.

If everyone in DCS would think like that we would have ended up just fighting with the F18 and that is it, here you have your meta.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

i will tell it again ED should start from bf-109 E7 and spitfire mk1 and p-40 most ppl expect some progress when ED started from the best WW2 ( there are couple planes which would be upgrade to what we have now) untill we dont get good counterparts G-6/A-5 vs spit mkV.

righ now d-9 and k-4 too good for p-51 and spit mkIX with 67" boost limit and A8 very weak against those

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor