Dedi web GUI not responding

USA, West Coast.

For me booting it without the web gui works, I just needed to adjust the serversettings.lua to make sure it was reading the correct miz file. Not as nice as having the gui to pause,ban,restart within a couple clicks though.

USA, West Coast.

For me booting it without the web gui works, I just needed to adjust the serversettings.lua to make sure it was reading the correct miz file. Not as nice as having the gui to pause,ban,restart within a couple clicks though.

Yes and not all of my group has access to the actual server which means changing, adding missions, restarting etc falls back on someone having to edit the lua and put the mission you wasn't run in the #1 spot. It was working great a few patches ago!

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue here. Can't control the server either local or remotely.

Has there been official acknowledgement of the issue ?

Found it under Bugs & problems ..........

Edited by ShadowVonChadwick

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still encountering this problem - but weirdly, only on one of two PCs. On one PC I can run up the dedicated server, then start the WebGUI and connect to it just fine. On the other PC I start the dedicated server and the WebGUI, but the WebGUI reports "Server not responding". As far as I can tell the two systems are identically configured; nothing I have tried has been able to get the WebGUI to connect to its local Dedicated Server on the second PC.

it is all working for me, on two different machines with two different dcs accounts. both the local gui and the remote control via dcs world login. also for both release install and openbeta installs on each of the machines.

We have the same problem. The web remote interface sees our server but it says, "Server not responding".

Hope DCS will fix it soon... because it is very important to our group (remote control).

Does SLMOD work well with DCS dedicated server?

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat.

We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

Visit our website:

VIRTUAL-PILOTS.COM

• 4 weeks later...

WebGUI - DCS Server "Not Responding"

8aKcqIe.png

Hi there.

This Thread/Post is an attempt to do a few things.

One:

To get ED's attention for this issue

Two:

To bring everyone from the following threads who has the issue into one thread solely about the WebGUI not connecting, rather than 2 general server ones both talking about the same thing

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233486&page=61

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=239614&page=18

Three:

To help solve the issue.

it's at the stage now where it's clear there is nothing we can do about it, the bug/issue is inconsistent and none of the workarounds work in any significant quantity

Heres what we do know:

- All of our servers work, can be seen, connected to and played on no problem

- all of our ports are open, forwarded and working fine

- some of us (using DS) have been able to connect in the past, until the bug

- some of us have never been able to connect

- cant connect in any way, local, LAN, internet

- It works on some browsers and not others on some computers

OR It doesn't work on any browser on other computers

- some of the ones not using the ds version can connect but only if they use -norender some not

Does anyone have any idea what to do to get the WebGUI working?

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

My issue is connecting locally to my dedicated server.

Examining the http transactions done by the WebGui, I find it is getting a "422" error on its second transaction to the Dedicated Server. I'll do some research and see if I can identify what this error means.

It is significant that the first transaction to the server succeeds - meaning communication *is* working at that point.

picture.php?albumid=1734&pictureid=10985

picture.php?albumid=1734&pictureid=10984

Comparing this to another system that works, I see the second (POST) request coming back with a "200" success code - but the but the "Transferred" size is larger - 171 Bytes - in the successful transaction.

The initial (OPTIONS) transaction is identical on both systems.

I'm hoping that the web developer at Eagle Dynamics might be able to look at this and know immediately what the problem is!

Edited by Loophole

FYI: "The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 422 Unprocessable Entity response status code indicates that the server understands the content type of the request entity, and the syntax of the request entity is correct, but it was unable to process the contained instructions."

Which I think is telling us that the issue is at the Dedicated Server end - it got the message, understood it, but could not process it. That might be related to the packet being smaller (107 bytes) than the successful example (171 bytes).

Both the successful and the failing examples send an 85-byte block structured as per the above example. So: the data sent by the failing request looks to be basically correct; possibly it is compressing or encrypting incorrectly at the WebGui end due to some bug in the javascript, or incorrectly decompressing/decrypting at the Dedicated Server end due to a bug in the server logic.

Wow amazing work mate!

So it’s as we had feared something we can’t fix ourselves let’s hope your work can help the devs to fix the problem so we can start using it again.

Thank you so much for your time and work on this bro. It’s really good to have some concrete and verified information, legend

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

• ED Team

Loophole

Thanks for analysis, will repost to programmers.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Be advised that the html error codes presented by a web server can be customized, even on a per web site (or even web page) basis. Not saying that is what has been done here, but it is possible. Most often custom error codes are added to the defaults, but sometimes the defaults are hijacked and reused for a custom error. Supposedly this is done to help debug when things go wrong. ;)

Using the stand alone server software

My issue is I can connect locally with the local web link with no problems at all, but when I try and connect via the DCS website for remote connection, it doesn't even show my server.

As stated above, my server IS up and running, I can see it within the game and can connect to it, 8088 is open and being forwarded correctly as well as 10308 (as stated with the I can see it from in-game), and it will show back up in the profile page of the DCS site when I restart the server

I can manage by logging into my local server (it's in the room with me) but this makes it difficult (read that as impossible) for my cohorts to manage the server.

Edited by Swany

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

DCS by default throws a UDP and TCP rule in place that opens all ports for the DCS.EXE. However, I went ahead and added a TCP and UDP for 10308 and a TCP for 8088 just to see how it pans out

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)