DCS Open beta 2.5.5 loading mission hang up

rem27

Hello guys,

Just update my Open beta and my screen freez when loading a misson at the point of:

Terrain Graphics Init : 97 caucasus.ng5 see screen shoot.

I've try the repair function, to load a mission on an other map, try to load dcs instant mission is also the same.

DCS always work like a charm...

My specs:

Intel i7 7700K

GTX 1070 Ti with driver up to date

32 GB Ram

SSD Drive 1 GB for dcs only (E: drive)

Windows 10 64

last edit: same problem on all maps and also with the mission editor

Any Idea :(

Screen_190606_202602.thumb.png.b8636e113c666b463109d57ea10faa2e.png

Edited by rem27

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with Nevada theatre, from either the missions menu or the mission editor.

Edit : Some missions stop at Terrain Graphic Init : 97, xxx, some other at World Preload 1/60.

Edited by vctpil

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

Same issue here on my end.

dcs.log issues error with some „table_compare“ function in me_vehicle.lua

comparing nil with „string“ leads to error.

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

I have renamed the User/mynname/saved games folder to not working folder

Restarted the game, and set a basic mission. I was able to load that mission and fly, the harrier.

So now slowly re-adding my MOD folder/aircraft/tech/terrains and will see if it works. Put my Graphics information back in too. Will report back, TWISKING may also be right, I'd try that first, as my method is slower due to size of folders.

So with me it was the "tech" folder under: User / mynname / saved games.

First, I renamed the "tech" folder to "tech-1" to find out if it was due to the mods in the folder.

Then I uninstalled all the mods piece by piece, until I found the mod that caused the problem for me.

In this one was a subfolder with Air Race objects. I uninstalled these and the problem was fixed. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

my DCS World - Ka50 Pit Project: :pilotfly:

http://www.ka50.de

Ok Guys

I folow the instructions of flyingscotsman, Thanks a lot man, and guess what, when I delete one of my mod: "APU mod from virtual Patrouille Suisse", the problem disapear.

So I did a copy of my "tech" Folder located in: C:\USER/MYNAME/SAVED GAMES/DCS.openbeta/Mods and then copy one by one my mod in a new empty folder named tech and run dcs. I can point out that the APU mod was the problem.

Thanks flyingscotsman!

happy Flying felow pilots :pilotfly:

Edited by rem27

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

Thank you for the kind words and yes, APU removed made my system work ok. Not been able to test fully as Bella the rescued Golden Retriever has taken ill, and I'm running around like a one armed paper hanger to keep, Wife/Dog happier. Sadly the answer is throw money at the problem and the Vet, but Bella better, my wallet liighter, most people happy and your APU answer fixed my set up......RESULT! Some people have no idea of the importance of DCS! LOL!

Hi,

I don't have this APU mod, but the 476th - Air Weapons Range Objects - 17JUN18, and DCS still freeze at downloading terrain.

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

Same here for Normandy Stops loading the terrain

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Muehlema, try this, When it stops loading, Crtl,Alt Del, sometimes I got the, not responding, or just DCS World beta, but I just double clicked the entry, so the task did not end. Have had to do this a couple of times, then it loaded.

I have NO IDEA why it worked for me, but give it a try

I removed the APU folder in tech now. Works again :-)

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

I was getting Mission load freezes, and it seems for me to be tied to some older Mod's I had (older user created WWII planes). Was working fine before the 2.5.5 patch, but had to remove old mod's to get it to load. Hope this may help some folks; something to check anyway.

YEP similar problems, have the NTTR missions with the 476mod, looks ok on the maps, but objects do not appear, but oddly enough I have the mod with the civ missions and some objects are ok there. Sorry if I misled with previous articles, but I thought if it's on the maps, it's ok. However it's a bit patchy, I'd say the range targets are out of commission at the moment.

Have/had the 476 Mod as well, removed it from the tech-folder, but problem is still there. Half way during startup-procedure the game freezes...

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

same problem over here.

I've updated DCS to DCS 2.5.5.31917

when loading one of my missions or creating a new mission (Nevada/Caucasus) the mission editor stops loading, no crash or error report, it seems to get stuck at the file Terrain Graphics Init : 97, nevada.ng5 , I've waited 5mins but nothing happened.

Everything worked fine before the update.. helpsmilie.gif

Maliq

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.