How is the VR performance improvement?

Rakamora

Really I thought the only thing delayed was the f18 weapon.

Nope, read Wags’ or Nineline’s posts from last night. VR improvements were broken in 2.5.5 and will be coming soon.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Well, just updated the main server and client... and a quick test... I'm sure it has been optimised... VR side stutters are gone, as smooth as silk for me anyway, Caucasus Map.... so whatever - a great improvement!

Thanks ED :)

SIGBLOCK.png

Well, just updated the main server and client... and a quick test... I'm sure it has been optimised... VR side stutters are gone, as smooth as silk for me anyway, Caucasus Map.... so whatever - a great improvement!

Has to be unrelated to the specific terrain fix then because it wasn't included in this mornings update.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yea Im getting significant performance increase too, VR optimization or not. Posted these on Discord earlier:

Just a quick F/A-18 PG free flight, low in Dubai in VR. My usual settings (with shadows on), and smooth 45 fps. Id normally wiggle about 30 fps with ugly stutters in that one.

Did delete my FXO and Metashaders folder in Saved Games first.

Still early days, but after that initial quick test, Id say its in. Needs some more testing of course. Could just be something else that just so happens to have boosted my performance with this build.

Also, going trough the autoupdate log there is a massive amount of edm files, for modules and AI, and both Cauc and PG.

Defenetly performing better, VR opt or not. Just ran Gulf War Phase One (where everything is buzzing) - thats a sandbox mission of mine that I use a lot, and spawned in on Al Minhad airfield in the Hornet. Always pegs me at 30 fps. Not anymore. 45 fps, at all times, even when flying low to and trough Dubai etc. Only say 43-44 fps for fractions of a second now and then - probably loading shit in.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

From the change log - they fixed a memory leak which could have had significant performance impact.

ntroduced DCS: Fw 190 A-8 by Eagle Dynamics

Multiplayer. Reworked network transport for better handling of a large number of units.

DCS World

• ME. Corrected overlapping texts in the route panel.
  • Video rendering. Eliminated the memory leaks

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

What exactly is the VR "performance patch" supposed to do?

How come there is so much overhead for improvement?

Also, obviously skeptical of claims of "50% improvment". Usually means something like "1-50% with an average somewhere close to 8%".

And what does improvement mean? 50% faster FPS would be great but 50% blacker blacks not so much.

I don't think we got the VR optimization yet - or maybe we got updated maps and no code to use them yet.

Although - 30fps to 45 would be a 50% improvement...

Has anyone tried with no reprojection yet?

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

Yea Im getting significant performance increase too, VR optimization or not. Posted these on Discord earlier:

Maybe you will get a further improvement when the vr optimisation is added :)

Its 12am in Australia and i am leaving the pc on overnight for the update. Have to check it out myself when I get up in a few hours.

I saw some pretty noticeable improvement in VR early this AM with the new update as well. I was wondering if the "Memory Leak" line in the notes referred to the VR update, or if it was something separate. Either way, I'm certain it isn't a placebo effect or whatever, something ED did in this update has helped VR performance, at least IMO. If it isn't the VR improvement Wags/etc have been talking about, then I'm REALLY looking forward to that, as so far things have already much improved with whatever else was fixed in the update.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Awesome placebo effect!

for your information, the VR improvement code was not included in the patch

@Icebeat - actually that is good news as they did fix a video rendering memory leak according to the change log. That could be responsible for some of the stutter / lag - especially in longer sessions.

Things should get REALLY good when we see the optimizations added in (assuming they can still make those happen with 2.5.5)

They had some problems with 2.5.5 update so developers staid over night to fix things.

But was that VR improvement withdrawn and hence the requirement to work overnight and reverse all that was about it, in this new branch of the DCS? As they say, this is not just update, this is new branch already.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Awesome placebo effect!

for your information, the VR improvement code was not included in the patch

I can guarantee you Im not seeing a placebo effect. Dont care if this is the actual VR optimization or not, cause Im seeing a significant boost, every where. And Im a fps whore, I hate sub 45 fps in VR and I hate stutters. I pick them up instantly, and they annoy me immensely. And its silky smooth atm. Heck, I even turned on the mirrors in the Hornet just now, low over Bandar Abbas port area, and it stayed at 45 fps (still shadows on low too). I would be 30 fps and stutter fest prior to this update in those circumstances.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Well, if the VR perf improvement is actually in, it's funny how they are not saying anything...

It's like they are trying an experiment, and we are the guinea pigs :)

... or maybe they just don't know, which would be even more hilarious :D

Well, if the VR perf improvement is actually in, it's funny how they are not saying anything...

It's like they are trying an experiment, and we are the guinea pigs :)

... or maybe they just don't know, which would be even more hilarious :D

It could be a result of the memory leak fix, which could have a huge impact on overall performance in both 2d and VR, with or without any specific VR optimization.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

It's like they are trying an experiment, and we are the guinea pigs :):D

And isn’t that just what an Open Beta is all about?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Yesterday I did some benchmarks with the old Beta and I can definitely say that there are no improvements with the new version when comparing the fps.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

NineLine just confirmed on Discord that the VR Optimization didnt make it in. So that settles that.

But at the same time, Im still seeing an improvement here, significant, what ever the reason. So just bonus for me I guess, that I'll get even more improvement down the line.

NineLine just confirmed on Discord that the VR Optimization didnt make it in. So that settles that.

But at the same time, Im still seeing an improvement here, significant, what ever the reason. So just bonus for me I guess, that I'll get even more improvement down the line.

Its possible that the memory leak fixed helped you. Especially if you are running slow/ DD3 RAM.

New VR Simpit: Intel 10700K, MSI Seahawk X 1080Ti (waiting for 3080Ti or 3090), 32 GB 3600MHz RAM, HP Reverb, TM Warthog

Old VR Simpit: Intel 4790K, Asus Matrix 780Ti, 16GB RAM, HTC Vive