Bailey's VoiceAttack Profiles

Bailey

I googled "DCS F14 VA profile", which led me here:

Bailey's F-14B VoiceAttack Profiles - DCS: F-14A & B - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

And yep, it's the wrong damned version! That'll explain what's going on then. Thanks mate!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

3 hours ago, GunSlingerAUS said:

I googled "DCS F14 VA profile", which led me here:

Bailey's F-14B VoiceAttack Profiles - DCS: F-14A & B - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

And yep, it's the wrong damned version! That'll explain what's going on then. Thanks mate!

Oh! That's just as much as my fault. I have corrected the link and text on that thread. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bailey,

I'm a new DCS user and having a problem installing your F-18C profile. I have followed your youtube install video and searched these forums but can't figure it out.

I can import the downloaded profile to VoiceAttack, however when i go to the F-18C Sim controls, click in the keyboard column and follow the load profile steps, there are no .diff.lua files to select.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sabre11 

DCS changed the setup in the Saved Games files.

When you click on Load Profile if you look at the path at the top, you'll see the program now is looking at the "InputUserProfiles" previously it would go to the Config\Input\Module Name\keyboard directory.

What you need to do is copy the .diff.lua file into the InputUserProfiles directory and you should then see it when you try to load it. Personally I'd make a folder inside InputUserProfiles for the module, like FA-18C_Hornet and copy the file to there then navigate there once in the Input section in the game.

If running the Open Beta the path is User\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\InputUserProfiles

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Am I able to talk with the tanker with these profiles? 

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3 TM MFDs | Realteus ForceFeel | 2x bass shakers

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - NTTR - PG - Mi8 - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II

With respect to the DCS BIOS...What exactly does it do? Is it required?

Edited by 72westy

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 21H1 Build 19043.1232/Core i7 3770K (not clocked)/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 471.96/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x3)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/Corsair RM750w PSU

Rosewill Mid Challenger Black/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar

8 minutes ago, 72westy said:

With respect to the DCS BIOS...What exactly does it do? Is it required?

DCS Bios communicates with DCS to provide cockpit data and to “flip switches and stuff”. Typically there are three main uses for DCS Bios. Reading switch positions, reading instruments, and interacting with the cockpit (flipping switches for example). These help enable the use of 3rd party apps and utilities such as custom button boxes to talk to dcs. 

Some of the VA profiles require DCS Bios, but most do not. The readme file will clearly say if DCS Bios is required. 

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1

Do your profiles include a list that one can print out of the spoken commands? Looking to make a cheat sheet.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 21H1 Build 19043.1232/Core i7 3770K (not clocked)/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 471.96/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x3)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/Corsair RM750w PSU

Rosewill Mid Challenger Black/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar

22 hours ago, 72westy said:

Do your profiles include a list that one can print out of the spoken commands? Looking to make a cheat sheet.

So do, some dont. You can make your own by referencing the voiceattack readme and exporting the list.