Logiteh x56 stick extension.

Over a year ago I decided to buy a new HOTAS setup. I chose between Warthog and Logitech x56. ultimately, the choice fell on Logitech X56. The main reason was rudder on the stick and two analogue mini sticks on the throttle and the stick. I never regretted my decision - it is great. But from the beginning I did not like stick sensitivity. Always have to use custom user curves to make planes flyable. That's why I've always envied the Warthog users with the possibility of extending the stick.

Tried to 3d print my own extension (found it on thingverse) but I could not make it work.

Last week I found 3d printed extension on eBAY. It's a bit expensive. but if I was sure that it works and that it will not break after the first use, I would buy it.

Has anyone on this forum already tried it? Is it worth the money?

Thanks.

Edited by jarekzegarek

I tried to use the couplings from an old X55 to make one myself, but I got stumped on the wiring. I really would like to make this work too, but I also want to keep the couplings on my new stick intact so it is reversible. It would be easy otherwise!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Cool, please do!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

My small review after three days of intensive testing.

Bottom and top part 3d printed in black.

Very smooth finish - looks like abs smoothed with acetone. Middle (looks like 34mm diameter pvc pipe) part is glued to the top and bottom - it is not possible to dismantle the parts.

I think all black would look better. 10 spring loaded connectors on the bottom and 10 flat on the top. I did not have any problem installing the extension. It is plug and play.

The extension is very stiff, threads are tight. Everything seems to be of very good quality.

All buttons work as before. Same as rudder and mini stick.

aa.jpg

Playing DCS with extension is completely different experience. I have never flown a real plane, so it's hard for me to compare, but now everything seems more realistic. It is so much easier now.

Before i was unable to control any planes or helicopters without custom axis curves. Now i can use flat axis in all of my modules. I am very happy with the purchase.

I'm thinking about buying a 20 centimeter extension as well. Then I will have a choice of 15, 20 and 35cm lenghts.

• 1 month later...

So, is there any mark on the extension to help you to put it in the right place, in terms of twisting the grip?

That is also a nice set of dampers, you have installed in the front of your x56. Could you please post a close up of those?

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

• 10 months later...
No, there are no marks on extension - but You can make a small black dots on white casing to make it easier to fit it. Here are some images of dampers:

IMG-20190801-093132.jpg

Hi Jarek I'm really intrested on doing this dampres mode on my X56. Do you have the files for the 3D printed bracket for the dampers you're using?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just ordered the X56 Stick Extension.  Maybe some 1/10 Scale 125mm (Hole to Hole) shocks lying in a drawer will be fun tory try. 

If I can work out something in the next 4 to 6 weeks I will post a picture.

Cheers 

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 3 years later...
On 8/5/2019 at 3:16 AM, jarekzegarek said:

The dampers are from my rc truck - Team Associated Monser GT.

Part number: Team Associated 25059

Shocks lenght: 72mm - 104mm

41pVHlHTulL.jpg

Hi Jarek,

are you able to tell me the diameter and thread type (or pitch) of the nut that joins the grip onto the base?

Thanks for these posts, awesome!

'52

i7-11700F  64GB RAM  RTX3060  WIN 10Pro  HP Reverb G2  TM Cougar & Logitech X56