3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

Simple question: Does this work with DCS VR Shaders mod for 2.7.9.17830 or not? 

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

8 hours ago, Sr. said:

Simple question: Does this work with DCS VR Shaders mod for 2.7.9.17830 or not? 

I updated the first post, to explain what is supported for shader mod. Can you have a look ans suggest what to modify to make it clearer ?

The answer is : I tested only the Speed-Of-Heat non IC version, it is possible that it will work for any other non IC version (but the patch for 3dmigoto compatibiliy must also be applyed), I just can not guarantee, because I do not want to spend time to analyse each and every version of this mod. But the IC version should not work.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

16 hours ago, Gryzor said:

Yes of course, I post 2 tracks, one of them currently at 5:32 AM are the peak fps hit (just before the sun rises above horizon). The other one, shows the shadows projected.

FLAT SHADOWS ON - SYRIA_NORMAL FPS!!!.trk 181.22 kB · 3 downloads FLAT SHADOWS ON - SYRIA_HUGE AT DAWN 5_32 FPS HIT!!!.trk 94.85 kB · 2 downloads

Post here updated with Syria shaders

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Thanks 1

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

29 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Post here updated with Syria shaders

Hi Lefuneste, with the edits you´ve provided, objects and building shadows from Syria are removed, but not building shadows. Yesterday I was "hunting" shaders, I completely removed all flat shadows for every terrain (incluiding Syria). I was testing one by one each shader. I pass to you my findings (In addition, in PG MAP there is another shader that controls some shadows of some building, its quite difficult to notice it because it is much more specific).

In total, there is 7 shaders that controls flat shadowing:

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP1]
Hash=1ba049780bcf324b
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP2]
Hash=216ae19e7524d52c
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP3]
Hash=38136c6536b18b31
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP4]
Hash=8ac29f8cc63522ba
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP5_SYRIA]
Hash=930b574b0c42d082
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP6_SYRIA]
Hash=def00304f11893cd
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP7_NEVADA]
Hash=9bcb18e137508c64
handling=skip

Regards

3 hours ago, Gryzor said:

Hi Lefuneste, with the edits you´ve provided, objects and building shadows from Syria are removed, but not building shadows. Yesterday I was "hunting" shaders, I completely removed all flat shadows for every terrain (incluiding Syria). I was testing one by one each shader. I pass to you my findings (In addition, in PG MAP there is another shader that controls some shadows of some building, its quite difficult to notice it because it is much more specific).

In total, there is 7 shaders that controls flat shadowing:

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP1]
Hash=1ba049780bcf324b
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP2]
Hash=216ae19e7524d52c
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP3]
Hash=38136c6536b18b31
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP4]
Hash=8ac29f8cc63522ba
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP5_SYRIA]
Hash=930b574b0c42d082
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP6_SYRIA]
Hash=def00304f11893cd
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP7_NEVADA]
Hash=9bcb18e137508c64
handling=skip

Regards

Fine ! Could you please put object/building/tree in shadow reference ? It will avoir me to search for this information. The idea is to provide to user the choice to toggle off only one class of flat shadow.

1 hour ago, lefuneste01 said:

Fine ! Could you please put object/building/tree in shadow reference ? It will avoir me to search for this information. The idea is to provide to user the choice to toggle off only one class of flat shadow.

Sure!, in addition I found also the flat shadows shaders referred to objects like planes, thanks, etc (some shaders are specific of objects gropus), and I will put in various cathegories, and pass to you.

01/14/2022 version 13.0 for stable and OB 2.7.9.17830

• flat shadow soften improvement + new menu option to remove them if needed
  • bug fixes

@Xerno @edmuss : it may be possible that your issue would be fixed by this version, I found a bug with masking in some condition. Could you test ?

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2022 at 4:06 PM, lefuneste01 said:

Hi Lefuneste, below I copy and paste groups of shaders that control flat shadows shadows: P1 to P7 controls flat shadows from terrain static trees, buildings, etc... P8 to P10 control objects shadows (planes, trains, tanks, etc...). I think that there is no flat shadow left to control. Regards.

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP1_BUILDINGS_PG_NEVADA_CAUCAUSUS]
Hash=1ba049780bcf324b
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP2_TREES_PG_NEVADA_CAUCAUSUS]
Hash=216ae19e7524d52c
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP3_BUILDINGS_PG]
Hash=38136c6536b18b31
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP4_BUILDINGS_PG_NORMANDY]
Hash=8ac29f8cc63522ba
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP5_TREES_SYRIA_NORMANDY_MARIANAS_CHANNEL]
Hash=930b574b0c42d082
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP6_BUILDINGS_SYRIA_MARIANAS_CHANNEL]
Hash=def00304f11893cd
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP7_TREES_NEVADA]
Hash=9bcb18e137508c64
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP8_OBJECTS1]
Hash=2393ddf929fb4877
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP9_OBJECTS2]
Hash=5087ac772dd942e7
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP10_OBJECTS3]
Hash=2896a7ba24106577
handling=skip

Thanks. It's a bit late for the v13, I'll add the missing ones later. In the meantime I think you'll be able to add them under menu control by looking in d3dx.ini,

Edited by lefuneste01

20 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Thanks. It's a bit late for the v13, I'll add the missing ones later. In the meantime I think you'll be able to add them under menu control by looking in d3dx.ini,

Exactly where, please?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

21 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

01/14/2022 version 13.0 for stable and OB 2.7.9.17830

• flat shadow soften improvement + new menu option to remove them if needed
  • bug fixes

@Xerno @edmuss : it may be possible that your issue would be fixed by this version, I found a bug with masking in some condition. Could you test ?

Hi tried the new version same issue.

The plane to the left does not get masked but the enemy targets on the ground gets masked.

labels.trk

15 hours ago, Xerno said:

Hi tried the new version same issue.

The plane to the left does not get masked but the enemy targets on the ground gets masked

Thanks for the track, but there is no label on it, I do not know how to toogle them on by playing a track...

Anyway, it was instant action / Su25T / free flight, so I launched it and did not see any issue: both labels are masked.

Screen_220116_123151.jpg

41 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Thanks for the track, but there is no label on it, I do not know how to toogle them on by playing a track...

Anyway, it was instant action / Su25T / free flight, so I launched it and did not see any issue: both labels are masked.

Screen_220116_123151.jpg

Hmm, maybe my labels.lua file is messing something up

@lefuneste01 Do you know is there a way to make your mod work with fhogler's VR Performance Toolkit (FSR & NIS)? I like VR Performance Toolkit (https://github.com/fholger/vrperfkit) a lot for overall external sharpening and upscaling capabilities, but your mod brings such nice things as labels masking and MFD+cockpit sharpening and I think combining these would be currently the best way to enjoy DCS in VR. I've tried today but they doesn't seem they work together, unfortunately.

EDIT: actually after repairs+cleanup it works with patched Speed-of-heat's VRshaders and 3dmigoto v13. It just can't be better now, can't wait tomorrow's evening😀

Edited by Fiztex

3 minutes ago, Fiztex said:

@lefuneste01 Do you know is there a way to make your mod work with fhogler's VR Performance Toolkit (FSR & NIS)? I like VR Performance Toolkit (https://github.com/fholger/vrperfkit) a lot for overall external sharpening and upscaling capabilities, but your mod brings such nice things as labels masking and MFD+cockpit sharpening and I think combining these would be currently the best way to enjoy DCS in VR. I've tried today but they doesn't seem they work together, unfortunately.

It just works!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

45 минут назад, speed-of-heat сказал:

It just works!

Well that's strange, maybe because I'm on Oculus, but it doesn't seem to work for me.. will try again after repairing and cleanup

EDIT: Yep, it helped, it does work 😀

Edited by Fiztex
  • Like 1

Apologies just looking at the full url I use this one https://github.com/fholger/openvr_fsr, which does nis as well, I haven’t tried the other one.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Только что, speed-of-heat сказал:

Apologies just looking at the full url I use this one https://github.com/fholger/openvr_fsr, which does nis as well, I haven’t tried the other one.

Yeah, openVR is a no go for me with Quest 2. But you know what, you were accidently right, just did repairs and cleanup and VRperfkit works with your patched VRshaders and 3dmigoto 13. I'm now one happy DCS VR user 😁 will edit the post above.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2022 at 12:36 PM, lefuneste01 said:

Screen_220116_123151.jpg

Hmm, maybe my labels.lua file is messing something up

Labels.lua

Im using Neutral Dot

Edited by Xerno

I don't know whether it's only me or not, but it looks like shadows edge softening doesn't work if water quality is not set to high, also doesn't work through cockpit glass if I enable cockpit global illumination, so probably it's worth mentioning it in the description if it's really the case for everyone.

Also this softening for some reason eats a lot of GPU for me (around 15-20% of 3080ti @72 Hz Quest 2 with PD 1.0, Ka-50 take off quick mission). As soon as I disable softening GPU load drops instantly, 100% reproduceable. Ended up disabling this shadow softening for now, although it looks better than std. flat shadows for sure. Tested with patched Speed-of-heat's VRshaders as mentioned in instructions + 3dmigoto v13 and also ended up disabling fhogler's VR Performance Toolkit because just enabling it eats 5-7% of my GPU and visually similar results can be achieved with just 1.2 world sharpening within just 3dmigoto.

Edited by Fiztex

19 hours ago, Fiztex said:

I don't know whether it's only me or not, but it looks like shadows edge softening doesn't work if water quality is not set to high, also doesn't work through cockpit glass if I enable cockpit global illumination, so probably it's worth mentioning it in the description if it's really the case for everyone.

Also this softening for some reason eats a lot of GPU for me (around 15-20% of 3080ti @72 Hz Quest 2 with PD 1.0, Ka-50 take off quick mission). As soon as I disable softening GPU load drops instantly, 100% reproduceable. Ended up disabling this shadow softening for now, although it looks better than std. flat shadows for sure. Tested with patched Speed-of-heat's VRshaders as mentioned in instructions + 3dmigoto v13 and also ended up disabling fhogler's VR Performance Toolkit because just enabling it eats 5-7% of my GPU and visually similar results can be achieved with just 1.2 world sharpening within just 3dmigoto.

Hello,

As written in first post, global illumination is not supported for the whole mod.

I'll have a look on water quality impact for flat shadow soften, Maybe different shaders are used regarding water quality, I already had the issue for other things...

I fixed the issue of flat shadow soften,  I did not noticed it in my testings...  it should be fixed in next release. 

I did also some testing and will ensure compatibility of 3Dmigoto mod with simplex instead of Speed-Of-Heat version of shader mod because it provided the same fps win for less impact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2