3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

9 hours ago, Sandmonkee said:

Hi Lefuneste,

I put the file in the Shaderfixes folder and activated the mod in OVGME so it was copied to the bin directory. I deactivated all other mods first just to be safe.

I tried it first in the Ka-50 to make sure everything was properly installed. In the Ka-50, I was able to adjust the reflection of the cockpit from completely transparent (+0.000) to almost a mirror (+8.000). When I got in the Spitfire and tried the same method, it did not make any difference. +0.000 was the same as +8.000 in the cockpit reflections. So I think there is still something that is not quite right. If there's anything I can do to help you troubleshoot, please let me know. However, I know this is only one plane and you don't even own it, so I understand if you want to don't want to spend time on this.

Thanks very much for your efforts so far, and the mod itself!

That's just I can not check what I did is ok...Can you set the hunting=2 line  (in the installed mod with the modified shader) and press Alt+F12 to reload the shaders, just to check there is no syntax error ?

Are you sure there is no other shader for cockpit glass ? Did you stop at first one  or cycle all the shaders ?

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

3 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

That's just I can not check what I did is ok...Can you set the hunting=2 line  (in the installed mod with the modified shader) and press Alt+F12 to reload the shaders, just to check there is no syntax error ?

Are you sure there is no other shader for cockpit glass ? Did you stop at first one  or cycle all the shaders ?

I think I did actually stop at the first one that seemed to match what you were looking for, with all the pink glass. I will do as you suggested in your post and report back. 

Thanks again, I know it is a pain because you can't experiment with the Spitfire! 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

This might be a dumb question.. but if I have Lens Effects on.  Would the entire mod not work or just a certain feature?

Edited by Eagle_01

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

5 hours ago, Sandmonkee said:

I think I did actually stop at the first one that seemed to match what you were looking for, with all the pink glass. I will do as you suggested in your post and report back. 

Thanks again, I know it is a pain because you can't experiment with the Spitfire! 

I updated the first post, version 10.1 available with reflex setting for all planes I own. It may impact other planes too, for example the FW 190 is fixed by other planes.

1 minute ago, Eagle_01 said:

This might be a bumb question.. but if I have Lens Effects on.  Would the entire mod not work or just a certain feature?

The menu will not work. So you will not be able to setup most of things.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

• 1 month later...

Sorry, but what is 'Label Masking'??  🤔

• Thanks 1

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

2 hours ago, Snacko said:

Sorry, but what is 'Label Masking'??  🤔

Labels are masked by cockpit ans plane parts. The video in first post shows it.

I know, my english is bad. How would you say it ?

Edited by lefuneste01

Ok, thanks..  I thought it had to do with the instrument labels in the pit..  

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I give a try again on the Kegetys shader mod, and globally went from 30-37 fps without it to 40-45 fps, in the A10CII quick mission /  takeoff on caucasus. 

That makes worth to adapt my mod again to this one, because 2.7 tankered my fps, even if I fly at 60 Hz with forced  reprojection (that is target is 30 fps at min in game). It allows me to have again some margin (but not on Mariana map, I went down to 20 fps.. 😞 ).

So I have currently a version working for MSAA0x, I still need to do adaptation for MSAA2x ,MSAA4x and NVG.

It need to mod the shader mod, 2 files are to be overwriten.

To be noticed : the shader mod give insane reflections on A10C instrument glass. 3dmigoto mod will allow to remove them (as currently).

• Thanks 3

On 7/11/2021 at 12:39 PM, lefuneste01 said:

Hello, I give a try again on the Kegetys shader mod, and globally went from 30-37 fps without it to 40-45 fps, in the A10CII quick mission /  takeoff on caucasus. 

That makes worth to adapt my mod again to this one, because 2.7 tankered my fps, even if I fly at 60 Hz with forced  reprojection (that is target is 30 fps at min in game). It allows me to have again some margin (but not on Mariana map, I went down to 20 fps.. 😞 ).

So I have currently a version working for MSAA0x, I still need to do adaptation for MSAA2x ,MSAA4x and NVG.

It need to mod the shader mod, 2 files are to be overwriten.

To be noticed : the shader mod give insane reflections on A10C instrument glass. 3dmigoto mod will allow to remove them (as currently).

This would be great! One of the main reasons I had to stop using this mod was because it didn't play well with the VR shaders mod. When will the merged version be available for download? 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

16 hours ago, Sandmonkee said:

This would be great! One of the main reasons I had to stop using this mod was because it didn't play well with the VR shaders mod. When will the merged version be available for download? 

in two weeks 😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had some time today : mod menu has been moved to area where menu boxes and messages are drawn when in VR (so it is now diplayed converged for the two eyes), NVG and other features are working with kegetys mod set up for defaults options.

I still need to do MSAAx2 and x4, at least 6 shaders to identify and fix.

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Done for all MSAA. I need now to do some checking (including performance), update documentation and so on. As there is now 2 time the work to do (Kegetys shader mod and no Kegetys shader mod), I can not guarantee I'll release this week end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Finally it was shorter than expected. Version 11.0 is available in first post, see "Kegetys shader mod compatibility" section for more informations.

I made some measurement in Quick mission / A10CII / takeoff (no MSAA) with fraps on first 30s

DCS  A10CII takeoff  stable vanilla
Avg: 40.667 - Min: 38 - Max: 45

DCS A10CII takeoff  stable 3dmigoto all options off
Avg: 39.033 - Min: 33 - Max: 41

DCS A10CII takeoff  stable 3dmigoto all options on (color change, sharpen, FXAA, label masking)
Avg: 34.333 - Min: 30 - Max: 38

DCS A10CII takeoff  OB + keygetys only
Avg: 46.000 - Min: 41 - Max: 50

DCS A10CII takeoff  OB 3dmigoto+kegetys all options on (color change, sharpen, FXAA, label masking)
Avg: 41.233 - Min: 39 - Max: 44

In summary, having the Kegetys mod remove the fps losses due to sharpen and FXAA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

DCS can't start with Kegetys shader mod wich comes with Version 11.0 in archive.

Снимок экрана 2021-07-17 105200.jpg

All fine with Kegetys mod downloaded at it's main page.

• Like 1
Спойлер

i7 13700KF @ 5,4 GHz; DDR5 64GB RAM; Palit RTX 4090; AOC AG352UCG 35" 3440x1440; Win11.
Oculus Quest Pro.
"Marksman-L" rudder by MyCyJIbMaHuH ; VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base; VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip; VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle.

My settings for VR

On 7/17/2021 at 12:37 PM, biotech said:

DCS can't start with Kegetys shader mod wich comes with Version 11.0 in archive.

Снимок экрана 2021-07-17 105200.jpg

All fine with Kegetys mod downloaded at it's main page.

Hello, That.s normal.  You should install Kegetys mod at first,  install the mod of Kegetys mod provided in the v11.0 zip.

• Thanks 1

15 минут назад, lefuneste01 сказал:

Hello, That.s normal.  You should install Kegetys mod at first,  install the mod of Kegetys mod provided in the v11.0 zip.

Also i noticed the text and lines on MFD (in A-10C) is more clear and perceptible with only Kegetys and Universal VR Shader mod. With your mod it's slightly more blurry and thick, regardless of sharpen or color settings in cockpit. Sadly, but i had to give up using your mod for that reason, despite of it's advantages.

Спойлер

i7 13700KF @ 5,4 GHz; DDR5 64GB RAM; Palit RTX 4090; AOC AG352UCG 35" 3440x1440; Win11.
Oculus Quest Pro.
"Marksman-L" rudder by MyCyJIbMaHuH ; VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base; VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip; VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle.

My settings for VR

5 hours ago, biotech said:

Also i noticed the text and lines on MFD (in A-10C) is more clear and perceptible with only Kegetys and Universal VR Shader mod. With your mod it's slightly more blurry and thick, regardless of sharpen or color settings in cockpit. Sadly, but i had to give up using your mod for that reason, despite of it's advantages.

Strange for the "blurry" aspect, maybe thickness is linked to sharpen...I didn't notice. Maybe I should add an option to not sharpen MFD, as for HUD.

Is it the same when you use my mod on top of keygetys mod ?

1 час назад, lefuneste01 сказал:

Strange for the "blurry" aspect, maybe thickness is linked to sharpen...I didn't notice. Maybe I should add an option to not sharpen MFD, as for HUD.

Is it the same when you use my mod on top of keygetys mod ?

I used your mod with Kegetys mod and without it, no noticeable difference.

By the way, sharpness option on\off for HUD do nothing. I didn't see any difference at all, in A-10C at least.

Please tell one more thing: your mod must replace some files in Kegetys mod? How it should be "on top" of Kegetys mod if there no common files or directories? Kegetys mod modify '..\bazar' folder, your mod modify '..\bin' folder.

Edited by biotech
Спойлер

Oculus Quest Pro.

My settings for VR

4 hours ago, biotech said:

I used your mod with Kegetys mod and without it, no noticeable difference.

By the way, sharpness option on\off for HUD do nothing. I didn't see any difference at all, in A-10C at least.

Please tell one more thing: your mod must replace some files in Kegetys mod? How it should be "on top" of Kegetys mod if there no common files or directories? Kegetys mod modify '..\bazar' folder, your mod modify '..\bin' folder.

My mod is not modifying any DCS files. So no "bazar*"  files. But, I must "freeze" some shaders of  Kegetys shader mod in order to make the 3dmigoto mod compatible with it. Otherwise the kegetys mod will create new shader references that will not be handled by my mod. That's why you must overwrite some files of Kegetys shader mod, once it is installed. 

The HUD sharpening was working in previous version, I'll have a look. Maybe I broke something...I did a quick test and found the default A10C HUD clearer than before, but did not spend time on it.

• Thanks 1

@biotech : HUD sharpening is stil working, but value in users_settings\user_var_initialization.ini is no more appropriate. Try to set variable $HUDSharpenFactor to 1.0 instead of 0.8 to improve sharpness.

I had a look on A10C MFD, letters are more blurry without sharpen than with. I did not see change in thickness...

Anyway, I will add an option to setup MFD and HUD sharpness in menu.

• Thanks 1

Got it finaly. I thought Kegetys mod in your archive is full and enough. Now i've install Kegetys mod from his page, then install your files above it, and then install 3D migoto mod. Now everything looks fine, even MFDs and sharpness option for HUD.

• Thanks 1
Спойлер

Oculus Quest Pro.

My settings for VR

Yay! I'm exited to try this! I love both mods but up till now I had to pick one over the other, now looking forward to having the best of both worlds! 

I have a couple of questions:

1. If you install kegetys, modify the _HMD.hsls file, and then install 3dmigoto, will it work? 

2. Is there any chance of including the clear water version of kegetys that @speed-of-heat made? I love that effect and it will be really hard to give up! Link: 

Either way, thanks for all the work you are doing on this, like I said, I can't wait to try it! 

• Like 1

I echo @Sandmonkeecomments. I use @speed-of-heat excellent "rejig" of Kegetys mod (Clearwater variant) and have passed on this mod up until now due to having to choose one or the other.  An integration would be fantastic, if feasible.

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

28 minutes ago, Sandmonkee said:

Yay! I'm exited to try this! I love both mods but up till now I had to pick one over the other, now looking forward to having the best of both worlds! 

I have a couple of questions:

1. If you install kegetys, modify the _HMD.hsls file, and then install 3dmigoto, will it work? 

2. Is there any chance of including the clear water version of kegetys that @speed-of-heat made? I love that effect and it will be really hard to give up! Link:

1. no it's more than _HMD.hsls: you have to

• install kegetys shader mod
  • overwrite some files of it with the files provided in folder DCS VR Shaders mod for 2.7.0.4625 for 3Dmigoto
  • install 3Dmigoto mod

2. The clear water effect without IC compatiblity should work, but I think that some other shaders removed for IC compatibilty will break compatibity with 3dmigoto mod. Anyway, I think that performance increase will be far lower with this version of Kegetys shader mod.

Having 2 variants to support is 2 time the work, I will not do it for another version of the Kegetys mod. You can try and report...Do the same than for standard kegetys mod, except remove atmosphere.hlsl and glass.hsls if you want to thave the IC. It should break the "haze" feature of the mod and maybe the reflect control, but maybe the remaining things will still work...

Here are the shader no more modified with the "IC" version (that's a lot !):

disabled_for _IC.JPG

And the shader no more modified with the clearwater only :

Capture2.JPG

So there are more chance the clear water only may work...

In fact it depends on impact on some global PS shaders I used to to sharpen, FXAA and color changes, glass reflect,...

But is seems that these shaders are created by multiple .hsls or fx files, so if some of them are not included, the results may be between "vanilla" (=> standard shaders are recognized by the 3dmigoto mod) and full Kegetys mod (resulting shaders are declared in last version of the mod). So if removed shaders still allows to produce "vanilla" or "full kegetys" shaders it will be OK, if they produce new "hybrid" shaders it will be KO...

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Thanks 2

i break the different numbers down in my 3090 settings file,  from memory you  get 2ms benefit from the ic pass, 2.5 from clear water and 3 from kegtys base mod ...

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg