3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

20 hours ago, pognhek said:

Hi all,

i tested the mods, and it works fine, but i can't save the configuration, when i click Alt+F12, the whole setup is forgotten, and it is as if i've never changed anything

I saw a previous post where someone got the same issue, but i didn't find the way to solve it.

Can you help me?

Thkx by advance,

Hello,

Can you have a look in the folder where dcs.exe is and check if you have a d3dx_user.ini file ?

If yes, can you modify it ? What is the content ? And what is the path of the folder ?

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

On 3/23/2021 at 2:07 PM, lefuneste01 said:

Hello. unfortunatelly, there is only one input for 3dmigoto outside shaders : keyboard.

So you can do something like "one keypress = 1 preset message". It is also possible to do a more complex process by setting up a "message mode" and then use each keypress as a letter to handle,  but it may conflict with DCS keyboard mapping...

I created a complex C# plugin for DCS (F16) only and I want to present some dynamic text as I wrote.
Perhaps there is a  what via .NET which I can inject the text? 

26 minutes ago, karpiyon said:

I created a complex C# plugin for DCS (F16) only and I want to present some dynamic text as I wrote.
Perhaps there is a  what via .NET which I can inject the text? 

I'm afraid it's not possible. But as 3dmigoto is open source, maybe you can modify it ?

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

23 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Hello,

Can you have a look in the folder where dcs.exe is and check if you have a d3dx_user.ini file ?

If yes, can you modify it ? What is the content ? And what is the path of the folder ?

Hi Lefuneste and thankx for your quick reply.

I can't find any "d3dx_user.ini" file in DCS folder, is that an issue?

Should I create it manually?

Other (maybe) stupid question, in VR mode, Mod's menu is appearing only on one eye, is that normal?

A.

Edited by pognhek

1 hour ago, pognhek said:

Hi Lefuneste and thankx for your quick reply.

I can't find any "d3dx_user.ini" file in DCS folder, is that an issue?

Should I create it manually?

Other (maybe) stupid question, in VR mode, Mod's menu is appearing only on one eye, is that normal?

A.

Maybe you can try to create it manually. What is the directory ? 

It is normal to have one eye menu because I did not find an easy way to have a good convergence.

21 hours ago, pognhek said:

Hi lafuneste,

As long as i d'ont have the files, where to put it 🙂

shall i put it directly into C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World ?

EDIT: in the mods directory into saved game, there is the d3dx.ini, i guess it's not the right one?

HI Lefuneste,

i founded the answer by myself! I created a "d3dx_user.ini" in the folder where the dcs.exe is!! and it works !!!

I don't understand why this file don't exist in my config, but nevermind!

So thanks for your support, and good job for your mods, it works great, that we could translate in french : "ça déchire, mec!" 🙂

A.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
I wanted to try your mod. I downloaded the .zip file in my OVGME "root" folder and enabled it.

But when I start up DCS (with my HP Reverb G2) and I try access the menu LSHIFT+F7  nothing happens! I do not see menu (neither in G2 or on monitor)
what did I do wrong?

by the way I also do not have a "d3dx_user.ini" file in the bin folder - also not in de downloaded .zip file

Edited by FrankT118

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D @ 3.8 Ghz / X570 Aorus Elite  / MSI GeForce RTX 3080 / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz
HP Reverb G2

32 minutes ago, impalor said:

@lefuneste01Hello! Do I get it right that we need a new version of your great mod for OB 2.7?

It is likelly that my mod will be at least partially broken. I'll have a look this week end, no free time before.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

It is likelly that my mod will be at least partially broken. I'll have a look this week end, no free time before.

THX!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi lefuneste,

Sorry to bore you again, but everything was working fine until this week-end.

The mods seems not to work anymore; I still have the menu when shift F7, but nothing is changed when i try to change some characteristics.

I checked the files into /bin folder, everything seems to be OK. I desinstalled/installed the mods many times with OvGME without success, i even tried manually... no success...

A.

Hello,

New version 10.0 available in first post, it will give compatibility with 2.7. All shaders have been renamed, but all the logic remains, so finally it was not so much work, just few hours...

As usual, I did only minimal testing, so report here any issue.

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Hello,

New version 10.0 available in first post, it will give compatibility with 2.7. All shaders have been renamed, but all the logic remains, so finally it was not so much work, just few hours...

Thank you!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Hello,

Hi lefuneste,

I've tried ver 10.0 but it didn't work for me(no menu with LSHift+F7) (maybe because i'm not in 2.7 at this point).

I've decided to launch a full repair of DCS and reinstall both version (9.4 and 10) from your last depot

9.4 is partially working again because label masking is not working and i've curious things around "SHARPEN/FXAA page" but it can be a misunderstanding from my side.

I spent some times to test and i'll try to explain :

when i'm on "option cockpit", settings of sharpen/luma seems to be applied only on HUD display not into the cockpit and no enhance feature is applied on cockpit and external environment

When i'm on "cockpit and external" sharpen/luma are still applied only on HUD BUT changes on ext sharpen/ext luma is applied on environnement and "inside" the cockpit that leads to a great impression that's working.

When i'm on Cockpit+FXSAA, every settings and enhancements around cockpit/external are diseapearing, and i still have only influence on HUD when changing sharpen and LUMA.

When i'm on "Nothing" into SHARPEN/FXAA page, every settings are disapearing.... and restoring the poor blur VR environnement.

AND i discovered that when i'm not in the settings of your mod, th ALT+F8 toggle from SHARPEN/FXAA page is still working during the game.

so i'm asking myself, if i was not making a confusion around all this pages and the way they work, thinking that all the settings from all pages were active and, as i was focused on effect enhancement inside and outside the cockpit, maybe i thought the mods was broken because every enhancement i was looking for, were inactive.

And for adding into confusion, i maybe clicked during the game on Alt+F8 giving me the impression that everything was not working....

So the way i use the mod is to toggle into "cockit+external" page during the game to make the mod work (but label masking is still not working).

Well, i hope i have been clear !! And if you need more explanations because of my poor english, maybe i can send you a private message in french for more clarity.

BR,

A.

3 hours ago, pognhek said:

Hi lefuneste,

I've tried ver 10.0 but it didn't work for me(no menu with LSHift+F7) (maybe because i'm not in 2.7 at this point).

I've decided to launch a full repair of DCS and reinstall both version (9.4 and 10) from your last depot

9.4 is partially working again because label masking is not working and i've curious things around "SHARPEN/FXAA page" but it can be a misunderstanding from my side.

I spent some times to test and i'll try to explain :

when i'm on "option cockpit", settings of sharpen/luma seems to be applied only on HUD display not into the cockpit and no enhance feature is applied on cockpit and external environment

When i'm on "cockpit and external" sharpen/luma are still applied only on HUD BUT changes on ext sharpen/ext luma is applied on environnement and "inside" the cockpit that leads to a great impression that's working.

When i'm on Cockpit+FXSAA, every settings and enhancements around cockpit/external are diseapearing, and i still have only influence on HUD when changing sharpen and LUMA.

When i'm on "Nothing" into SHARPEN/FXAA page, every settings are disapearing.... and restoring the poor blur VR environnement.

AND i discovered that when i'm not in the settings of your mod, th ALT+F8 toggle from SHARPEN/FXAA page is still working during the game.

so i'm asking myself, if i was not making a confusion around all this pages and the way they work, thinking that all the settings from all pages were active and, as i was focused on effect enhancement inside and outside the cockpit, maybe i thought the mods was broken because every enhancement i was looking for, were inactive.

And for adding into confusion, i maybe clicked during the game on Alt+F8 giving me the impression that everything was not working....

So the way i use the mod is to toggle into "cockit+external" page during the game to make the mod work (but label masking is still not working).

Well, i hope i have been clear !! And if you need more explanations because of my poor english, maybe i can send you a private message in french for more clarity.

BR,

A.

You should use the 9.4 for the stable version and go to 2.7 and 10.0 for the beta version, because I won't support anymore mod for older beta.

That's normal to have Alt F8 working outside setup menu. It's a way to switch to different sharpen option in game, same for color settings (but with another key).

Cockpit + FXAA is applying sharpen in cockpit and fxaa for outside. So of course there is no more shatpen for outside. It can not be  used with MSAA. With MSAA you should only use sharpen for cockpit and/or for outside cockpit.

So you choose to have either

sharpen for cockpit only, "outside" with no filter

sharpen for cockpit and sharpen for "outside" (with more jaggies)

sharpen for cockpit and FXAA for outside (so more blurry than by default, but with less jaggies)

No sharpen at all

On top of that, you can have HUD sharpened as cockpit or not.

If label masking is not working, then you may have an issue with some options or mods interfering with my mod. Please check in first post.

In this case, the mod is not able to define cockpit area, so most of the options are broken.

Sorry, noob question: how do I get the Global Setting menu? I think I have installed this mod, but when I hit LSHIFT+F7, I see no menu on PC display nor in laptop. Your help is very much appreciated. I am running OB 2.7 and v10 mod

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

21 hours ago, VFGiPJP said:

Sorry, noob question: how do I get the Global Setting menu? I think I have installed this mod, but when I hit LSHIFT+F7, I see no menu on PC display nor in laptop. Your help is very much appreciated. I am running OB 2.7 and v10 mod

Please check if you are not using any other mod and have the good graphic options, as explained in first post.

Then try to replace the line "hunting=0" by "hunting=2" in d3dx.ini file that should be in the same directory where dcs.exe is. Once in cockpit, press Numpad 0. If you do not have some green text on top and bottom part of screen, then you have a mod installation problem. Otherwise, please post here your graphic options and a track.

Did that and no green text in either VR or mirror mode. What shall I do?

Also, where can I find version 9.4? The first page link only leads to 10.0

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

6 hours ago, VFGiPJP said:

Can you check that Lens Effects are set to none in DCS System options page ? 

Oh, ok

Lens effect set to None, tried Num0, LSFT F7 and LALT-9 in flight/cockpit, no show. I surrender...

On 4/25/2021 at 12:44 AM, VFGiPJP said:

Hello, sorry I did not see your post...That means you did not install the mod correctly...

Check that you have in the same directory than dcs.exe the files and directory of the mod : d3dx.ini (with the hunting=2 line), d3d11.dll, shaderfixes directory,...