3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

Sometimes I see this horizontal line which doesn't look very good (its visible in VR view too) with this mod.

Any idea how to solve it?

ZCVLQ7a.jpg

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Sometimes I see this horizontal line which doesn't look very good (its visible in VR view too) with this mod.

Any idea how to solve it?

ZCVLQ7a.jpg

Sometimes if you set your colour mul different in cockpit to external it can cause lines like this. I have noticed it with mine. If this is what you are experiencing experiment adjusting the colour mul and it will probably disappear. 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Awesome work!! Is there a way this can be modified to take a screenshot of the map coordinates when vehicles are selected? See a massive miss match between the cursors coordinates and the actual vehicle coordinates when in the F10 Map view in VR. Result: The screenshot coordinates are off by hundreds of meters vs the actual vehicle position (Syria map)
Thanks !

16 hours ago, westr said:

Sometimes if you set your colour mul different in cockpit to external it can cause lines like this. I have noticed it with mine. If this is what you are experiencing experiment adjusting the colour mul and it will probably disappear. 

Thx. I use only sharpen option (like this) and HUD sharpen off. The rest is like default:

bZ7ojr1.jpg

but as you can see, on this picture is ok (no this line of  the "background").  I noticed that sometimes it occurs and sometimes (after restarting DCS) not, so just like with this cursor issue:

8ejYNGv.jpg

maybe the two are related somehow? 😉

I did fresh install of this mod again, will see.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 1/22/2021 at 7:29 PM, Nightstorm said:

I found the conflicting file.  In my case, I had a mod set up for various visual enhancements.  It included a deferred shader file Tonemap.fx.  It has several other shaders and mod files but that one alone was the issue.  That file needs to be stock in order for this mod to work.

Thanks. I will add information in first post.

8 hours ago, IdefixRC said:

Awesome work!! Is there a way this can be modified to take a screenshot of the map coordinates when vehicles are selected? See a massive miss match between the cursors coordinates and the actual vehicle coordinates when in the F10 Map view in VR. Result: The screenshot coordinates are off by hundreds of meters vs the actual vehicle position (Syria map)
Thanks !

can you give more explanation ? Where are good coordinates displayed on map ?

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Thx. I use only sharpen option (like this) and HUD sharpen off. The rest is like default:

bZ7ojr1.jpg

but as you can see, on this picture is ok (no this line of  the "background").  I noticed that sometimes it occurs and sometimes (after restarting DCS) not, so just like with this cursor issue:

8ejYNGv.jpg

Hello, unfortunatelly, that's difficult to solve if not easilly reproduced...Do you have a scenario that create the line often ?

For example I did not have issues with the cursor in the last missions I flew...But I already noticed it in the past...

I take some elements (as screen size) from shaders, so if they are not used in the right ordrer some problem may occur. Some specific combination of scenary/weather/time  may create this kind of issue...

Finally, I found a bug with label masking when default format is not used. It's solved and will be available in next version.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

50 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Hello, unfortunatelly, that's difficult to solve if not easilly reproduced...Do you have a scenario that create the line often ?

For example I did not have issues with the cursor in the last missions I flew...But I already noticed it in the past...

I take some elements (as screen size) from shaders, so if they are not used in the right ordrer some problem may occur. Some specific combination of scenary/weather/time  may create this kind of issue...

Finally, I found a bug with label masking when default format is not used. It's solved and will be available in next version.

This cursor issue is very hard to determinate. During the same mission its present and after view changes (external to VC and vice versa few times) its ok again.... 😉. It's hard to say why.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

bZ7ojr1.jpg

8ejYNGv.jpg

One other thing I noticed when I used the sharpen feature on the tomcat is it made a funny shadow sort of effect on the hud. This was cured by adding Luma. 

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

12 minutes ago, westr said:

One other thing I noticed when I used the sharpen feature on the tomcat is it made a funny shadow sort of effect on the hud. This was cured by adding Luma. 

I don't have the tomcat, so it will be hard to cure this one...

2 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

I don't have the tomcat, so it will be hard to cure this one...

No it’s fine I managed to get it to disappear with Luma. The Fxaa effects really help with the tomcat. I use MSAAx2 but still find it really helps with funny shimmering edges in low sun light, it’s a great mod. It’s breathed a little life back into my CV1 which was on my to do list for upgrade. 

Edited by westr

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

19 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Nice!  That's why it wasn't working for me.  I just recently started using this Mod and specifically b/c Reshade doesn't work in VR.  My VR experience definitely improved even on the G2 headset.  I adjusted the saturation and color mul slightly and everything looks really nice.  I had noticed the masking wasn't working but was happy with what was.  I'm using a customized label set up.  I look forward to the next version to test that out!

One question for everyone in general.  If you have Reshade and this mod running concurrently, has anyone encountered any crashes?  I know, the best solution is to not have them running at the same time and heading in that direction but I was just curious before I go down a rabbit hole.  Thanks!

Edited by Nightstorm

Reshade? .... its mod for VR, Reshade doesnt work with VR and may cause errors in VR mode with others mods.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Yes I was using Reshade for normal mode as it doesn't work in VR.  And I noted that this mod doe seem to work in both.  Reshade adjusted the shaders in the post process so I assumed it was possible it would conflict with this mod and that was causing my directX and video driver related crashes I experienced this weekend when I started using this mod.  

I set up scripts to install and remove Reshade when I'm staring up in standard mode and this mod when starting up in VR.  So they will never be installed at the same time.

On 1/25/2021 at 2:01 AM, lefuneste01 said:

Thanks. I will add information in first post.

can you give more explanation ? Where are good coordinates displayed on map ?

Thanks. When you click on a red unity on the map you see the unit details and coordinates in the bottom left of the screen (unit box). These are the good ones. The cursor position on top left is of my hundreds if not thousands of meters (in Syria at least)

Checked on the last Open Beta (after update) and no issue with this mod (or I didnt see it).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

17 hours ago, IdefixRC said:

Thanks. When you click on a red unity on the map you see the unit details and coordinates in the bottom left of the screen (unit box). These are the good ones. The cursor position on top left is of my hundreds if not thousands of meters (in Syria at least)

Hello. I will see to add a function to copy this area. But in the meantime, you can work with user_var_initialization.ini in users_settings.

It contains the area to copy from map :

data = R32_FLOAT +0.0  +0.0   +0.2 +0.025   0.7  0.8
;                map copy zone            | cockpit pos
;                Xorig Yorig  XSize YSize  XPos YPos
; map copy zone
; Xorig Yorig : position of top left area that will be copied
; XSize, YSize : size of the area that will be copied (X = horiz., Y = vert.)
; cockpit pos
; Xpos, YPos : position of copied map coordinates in cockpit view (X = horizontal, Y = vertical, value between 0 and 1)

play with Xorig,YOrig, XSize and YSize, it should work. But you will always copy this area, whatever a unit is selected or not.

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Checked on the last Open Beta (after update) and no issue with this mod (or I didnt see it).

Fine. But I will soon post a new version with some bug fixes.

Thanks

4 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Hello. I will see to add a function to copy this area. But in the meantime, you can work with user_var_initialization.ini in users_settings.

It contains the area to copy from map :

data = R32_FLOAT +0.0  +0.0   +0.2 +0.025   0.7  0.8
;                map copy zone            | cockpit pos
;                Xorig Yorig  XSize YSize  XPos YPos
; map copy zone
; Xorig Yorig : position of top left area that will be copied
; XSize, YSize : size of the area that will be copied (X = horiz., Y = vert.)
; cockpit pos
; Xpos, YPos : position of copied map coordinates in cockpit view (X = horizontal, Y = vertical, value between 0 and 1)

play with Xorig,YOrig, XSize and YSize, it should work. But you will always copy this area, whatever a unit is selected or not.

Fine. But I will soon post a new version with some bug fixes.

Thanks. I figured that when I zoom in as far as possible the bottom and top coordinates will merge. so looks like in VR the cursor is off when the map is zoomed out and only merges with the actual map coordinates at the highest zoom level

Version 8.2 available in first post.

Bug fixes:  A10C II TGP flashing if night mode on, label masking not working for non standard label format.

Tunig of FXAA, less pixel may now be bluried.

Object coordinates will now be copied from map if an object is displayed, instead of cursor coordinates. Detection rely on color of upper left pixel of the copied zone, defined in user_var_initialization.ini

Edit : I found the cause of problem with cusor color : if color changes are set, they will made the color of cursor too big, I do not understand why...There is no logical explanation.

For the moment the only cure I found is to limit component to 1.0. So it will be either black or white !

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Like 1

This latest update is the last patch for 2.5.6 lefuneste01, I’m anticipating the next one will probably break this great mod. I just hope you will be able to be it working, and it doesn’t look like ED will incorporate the features into the core game, it makes such a difference to DCS VR for me and many others I’m sure. 

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

Hi Lefuneste, I noticed that with 8.2 version I have more fps hit than with previous one 7.4 - maybe due new shaders added? I tested those two in the last DCS beta

Please could you update a alternative version from 7.4, but without new features added, just for not hurting fps much more?

Great mod. I hope some day ED implement at least sharpening feature. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gryzor said:

Hi Lefuneste, I noticed that with 8.2 version I have more fps hit than with previous one 7.4 - maybe due new shaders added? I tested those two in the last DCS beta

Please could you update a alternative version from 7.4, but without new features added, just for not hurting fps much more?

Great mod. I hope some day ED implement at least sharpening feature. Thanks.

I agree with you for me lefuneste’s version 7.4 runs better for me as well. I think the edges around the canopy look a little neater as well, maybe just me. 

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

@lefuneste,

I have an issue. When I have your mod running and activate the F10 Map My fps drops badly. Al the way down to 11 from a steady 45 fps (VR). I haven't read any one else with this issue so it is probable something on my end. Any ideas what might cause this?

Using Steam VR with Valve Index, 4x MSAA and have the frames fixed at 45 fps  in steam.

1 hour ago, westr said:

I agree with you for me lefuneste’s version 7.4 runs better for me as well. I think the edges around the canopy look a little neater as well, maybe just me. 

I did not check fps, but can you try to see which feature seems to make them drop ? Sharpen ? FXAA ? Color change ? You can disable all of them, so theorically get fps back...

All versions after v8 are enabling Sharpen and potentially FXAA for MSAA, so, as these function are doing a lot of sampling for each pixel, they may eat fps, especially if you are using MSAA because of the supersampling it creates...

If you see neater cockpit edge, that may be because you are using FXAA...

Edited by lefuneste01

Hello,

Here are some measurement I made with Fraps, scenario = SU25T instant action",  "Persian Gulf", takeoff, steamVR SS at 100%, no SS in game.

No mod, no MSAA
Frames: 2182 - Time: 30000ms - Avg: 72.733 - Min: 68 - Max: 78

No mod, MSAAX2
Frames: 1965 - Time: 30000ms - Avg: 65.500 - Min: 62 - Max: 69

No mod, MSAAX4
Frames: 1648 - Time: 30000ms - Avg: 54.933 - Min: 52 - Max: 57

Mod, MSAA0X, all options off => mod cost 1 to 2 fps.
Frames: 2191 - Time: 30000ms - Avg: 73.033 (vs 73 with no mod)- Min: 67 - Max: 76

Mod, MSAA0X, color + cockpit sharpen => sharpen cost ~10%
Frames: 1965 - Time: 30000ms - Avg: 65.500 (vs 73 with no mod) - Min: 60 - Max: 69

Mod, MSAA0X, color + cockpit sharpen + FXAA => FXAA cost nearly nothing
Frames: 1947 - Time: 30000ms - Avg: 64.900 - Min: 59 - Max: 68

Mod, MSAA0X, color + 7.4 cockpit sharpen + FXAA => no difference between old and new sharpen
Frames: 1888 - Time: 30000ms - Avg: 62.933 - Min: 59 - Max: 67

Mod, MSAA2X, all options off => -10% even if no option are on

Frames: 1793 - Time: 30000ms - Avg: 59.767 (vs 65 with no mod) - Min: 56 - Max: 63

Mod, MSAA2X, all options on => only few fps lost versus no options !
Frames: 1740 - Time: 30000ms - Avg: 58.000 - Min: 55 - Max: 61

So yes, the mod is not liking to much MSAA...Even if I disable all pre and post processing it did not achieve more than 61 fps at mean, instead of 65.

But at the end, you have the same fps loss than MSAA2X it you use sharpen.

You can also notice that sharpen+FXAA on MSAA0x give finally nearly same fps than MSAA2X without mod. Did you try it ?

I did not see any fps loss when in Map, I was at 90 fps...

Edited by lefuneste01