3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

@lefuneste01 what about only sharpness option (external) to work with VR shaders mod? Is it possible? 🤩

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

No probs. Just a thought, at the moment you display the map coords in 3D. Could you make so that its rendered at a fixed position on the mirrored window (i.e. Top left corner) so that a screenshot would find it in the same place every time? 

On 1/14/2021 at 6:22 PM, lefuneste01 said:

Maybe you can try to clean metashaders2 and  FXO directory in savegame/DCS and do a game repair ?

Then modify d3dx.ini and replace hunting=0 by hunting=2. launch game, press num0 : you should have green lines displayed at top and bottom of display. Then we will see what to do next.

So, cleaned up FXO and metashaders again and changed hunting value to 2. Numpad 0 now displays a green text line on the the monitor (VS: 0/0 etc etc) and my FPS counter drops to 8FPS but LSHIT+F7 still does nothing, no display on HMD or monitor.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

9 hours ago, YoYo said:

@lefuneste01 what about only sharpness option (external) to work with VR shaders mod? Is it possible? 🤩

yes, just set sharpen value for cockpit to 1.0, so it will remain as it is.

14 hours ago, YoYo said:

And btw. I see that this mod doesnt work with "VR shaders mod" (which I personally do not use, maybe to check sometimes 🙂 something ) but if Id like to use VR shader mod + this (but only option sharpness for cockpit and external view) is it possible (so like "lite version")? What would I have to change then in your mod?

No, the VR shader mods will break all the 3dmigoto mod features together.

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

14 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

No, the VR shader mods will break all the 3dmigoto mod features together.

Thx pity :(. Sharpness is very good option for spotting enemy. I thought if the rest was cut out somehow this option would work.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Thx pity :(. Sharpness is very good option for spotting enemy. I thought if the rest was cut out somehow this option would work.

No, and it's not possible to do a special version for shader mod, because changing any setting in it (eg mask size) will break the compatiblity. And it multiply my work by a factor 2 at least, because I will have to maintain two versions with and without shader mod compatibility. And I also modify some common things: reflect on cockpit glasses, for example. Morevoer, I did not see anymore fps improvement with this mod, so I'm not motivated to support it, because I'm not using it.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

3 hours ago, zildac said:

Numpad 0 now displays a green text line on the the monitor (VS: 0/0 etc etc)

good ! that means the 3dmigoto lib is loaded.

Can you replace your d3Dx.ini file in DCS bin directory by the one attached here, then lauch the game, go to  instan t action / Su 25T / free flight at...

Once in cockpit, press num0 then F8 => you will have a flash, and a quick message. Quit the game, and post here as a zip the contain of the directory FrameAnalysis-2021-01-* that should have been created.

Can you also post here your graphic settings ?

And finally : save "option.lua" in savegame/DCS.openbeta (or DCS if you are using the stable), modiy it with notepad++ and replace the "graphic" section by this one :

["graphics"] = {
		["DOF"] = 0,
		["LensEffects"] = 0,
		["MSAA"] = 0,
		["SSAA"] = 0,
		["SSAO"] = 0,
		["SSLR"] = 0,
		["anisotropy"] = 2,
		["aspect"] = 1.7777777777778,
		["chimneySmokeDensity"] = 5,
		["civTraffic"] = "low",
		["clouds"] = 1,
		["clutterMaxDistance"] = 0,
		["cockpitGI"] = 0,
		["effects"] = 3,
		["flatTerrainShadows"] = 1,
		["forestDistanceFactor"] = 0.6,
		["fullScreen"] = true,
		["heatBlr"] = 1,
		["height"] = 1080,
		["lights"] = 2,
		["messagesFontScale"] = 1,
		["motionBlur"] = 0,
		["multiMonitorSetup"] = "1camera",
		["outputGamma"] = 2.3,
		["preloadRadius"] = 100000,
		["rainDroplets"] = false,
		["scaleGui"] = true,
		["shadowTree"] = false,
		["shadows"] = 2,
		["sync"] = false,
		["terrainTextures"] = "max",
		["textures"] = 2,
		["treesVisibility"] = 5000,
		["useDeferredShading"] = 1,
		["visibRange"] = "High",
		["water"] = 1,
		["width"] = 1920,
	},

Theorically, with this settings the mod should work.

If not, do the same operation with F8 and post also here the second directory FrameAnalysis-2021-01- as a zip.

d3dx.zip

12 hours ago, RoyMi6 said:

No probs. Just a thought, at the moment you display the map coords in 3D. Could you make so that its rendered at a fixed position on the mirrored window (i.e. Top left corner) so that a screenshot would find it in the same place every time? 

It is possible, but honestly it will make me do a specific feature just for ony I people...I put it in 3D window because at first that's where radio messages are displayed and otherwise I have to handle convergence, and I do not know how to get it...

5 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

good ! that means the 3dmigoto lib is loaded.

Can you replace your d3Dx.ini file.........

<SNIP>

Thanks for the quick response. Please find RAR file attached, both FrameAnalysisDirectories created whilst running your modded d3dx.ini file. First Directory is using my normal options.lua graphics settings and the second (later timestamped) one is using the graphics section you provided in my options.lua. Still no response with LSHIFT F7 unfortunately. Numpad 0 and F8 of course work.

3DMiGoto-Debug.rar

Edited by zildac
Updated RAR

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

38 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

It is possible, but honestly it will make me do a specific feature just for ony I people...I put it in 3D window because at first that's where radio messages are displayed and otherwise I have to handle convergence, and I do not know how to get it...

Honestly, I just need some pointers. I'm obviously capable of coding things up, just not done HSL for ages. Can you at least let me know if what I want to do is going to be possible by editing the ShaderOverrideVR_GUI_PS pixel shader (7288416414f5fa50) or am I going to be best creating another one? In fact, I'd assume I will have to create a new post processing shader to get this to happen at the right time?

5 hours ago, RoyMi6 said:

Honestly, I just need some pointers. I'm obviously capable of coding things up, just not done HSL for ages. Can you at least let me know if what I want to do is going to be possible by editing the ShaderOverrideVR_GUI_PS pixel shader (7288416414f5fa50) or am I going to be best creating another one? In fact, I'd assume I will have to create a new post processing shader to get this to happen at the right time?

Ok, that's a good way.

So you should use in all of these Pixel shader  (they will be used regarding of MSAA option)

MSAA global rendering PS
4x 8b2720269b2fef03-ps_replace.txt
2x 35bd8a65f8e600a3-ps_replace.txt
0x c766164a4e2c8c2e-ps_replace.txt

the resource "ResourceMapCopy", as done for the 7288416414f5fa50.

To do that, add in d3dx.ini the command "pre ps-t27 = reference ResourceMapCopy" for each  shader, and in the shader itsefl, a line like "Texture2D<float4> ResourceMapCopyText: register(t27);"

Then you can sample the texture ResourceMapCopyText and put is where you want, as the 3 PS are global screen rendering, if you draw something at 0.1,0.1, it will be on left upper of the screen whatever you look.

It will be visible in mirror view but also in VR.

If you want to avoid it, another way should be to identify the PS used only for mirror view, I do not have its reference. To find it, set "hunting=2" in d3dx.ini, once in game, press NUM0, then cursor up or down. It will cycle all PS one by one, making the PS output pink. Once you will have the mirror view pink but not the view in HMD, you will have find it. Press NUM3, a dump of the shader will be done in ShaderFixes. You can now add entries in d3dx.ini to inject the ResourceMapCopy to this shader, and modify it to handle it.

Edited by lefuneste01

8 hours ago, zildac said:

Thanks for the quick response. Please find RAR file attached, both FrameAnalysisDirectories created whilst running your modded d3dx.ini file. First Directory is using my normal options.lua graphics settings and the second (later timestamped) one is using the graphics section you provided in my options.lua. Still no response with LSHIFT F7 unfortunately. Numpad 0 and F8 of course work.

3DMiGoto-Debug.rar 376.53 kB · 1 download

I do not understand what's going on with your config...You do not have the same shader reference than me, and if I use your graphic settings my mod is working.  So something is changing  your DCS  vs mine (and other users, as other can use my mod). The only logical explanation should be a mod...Unfortunatelly, I can not find the shader reference on your config, and moreover I can not do a mod version for each user with differences...

Can you give here your config : CPU, GPU, VR HMD, windows version, ... ?

Edited by lefuneste01

14 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

I do not understand what's going on with your config...You do not have the same shader reference than me, and if I use your graphic settings my mod is working.  So something is changing  your DCS  vs mine (and other users, as other can use my mod). The only logical explanation should be a mod...Unfortunatelly, I can not find the shader reference on your config, and moreover I can not do a mod version for each user with differences...

Can you give here your config : CPU, GPU, VR HMD, windows version, ... ?

Hi,

That is very odd. I do have a number of mods enabled via OVGME. Let me disable them all and then try. In regard to specs:

10900K (5.2 GHZ), Evga 3090 FTW ULTRA, Win10 20H2, RiftS (Oculus BETA) DCS OpenBeta (2.5.6.59625.1)

Edited by zildac

On 1/15/2021 at 12:58 PM, lefuneste01 said:

It's not wanted...I forgot to have a look on it. I will fix it for next version.

Any news about this cursor issue and new version? 🙂

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

2 hours ago, zildac said:

Hi,

That is very odd. I do have a number of mods enabled via OVGME. Let me disable them all and then try. In regard to specs:

10900K (5.2 GHZ), Evga 3090 FTW ULTRA, Win10 20H2, RiftS (Oculus BETA) DCS OpenBeta (2.5.6.59625.1)

Can you also try to use my mod on a "vanilla" (without any changes) DCS stable version ?

31 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Can you also try to use my mod on a "vanilla" (without any changes) DCS stable version ?

I'll try with no mods first, then try a clean install of Stable, but this may take me a little time and disk space juggling 👍

UPDATE:

OK, with all mods disabled it works and the menu is displayed!! I haven't isolated which specific mod may be interfering as yet. List of those I use is attached.

As an aside the overlay is only rendering in one eye on the HMD, I do however have the frostrum culling line added to my autoexec.cfg, perhaps this is why? options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true

DCS-Mods-List1.PNG

Edited by zildac

Cheers @lefuneste01 - got it working:

Woulud very much like to remove the need for using this but your help at least pointed me in the right direction to get something working 🙂

Oh, I couldn't find a PS that only works on the mirrored display, so I had to use the MSAA ones. Are you sure there is a "mirror display" PS?

1 hour ago, RoyMi6 said:

Oh, I couldn't find a PS that only works on the mirrored display, so I had to use the MSAA ones. Are you sure there is a "mirror display" PS?

Hello, I did not check for last beta, but it was the case in the past, I loose time because I worked on it without understanding it was not displayed in HMD !

4 hours ago, zildac said:

I'll try with no mods first, then try a clean install of Stable, but this may take me a little time and disk space juggling 👍

UPDATE:

OK, with all mods disabled it works and the menu is displayed!! I haven't isolated which specific mod may be interfering as yet. List of those I use is attached.

As an aside the overlay is only rendering in one eye on the HMD, I do however have the frostrum culling line added to my autoexec.cfg, perhaps this is why? options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true

DCS-Mods-List1.PNG

Fine ! At least it's logical.

The mod is not compatible with anything that change the way the game display things...If the other mod is acting on different part than my mod both will works, otherwise not.And as the 3dmigoto is not modifying anything in gale, it will always ne broken by the others...

Try to keep all but Mustang mods, shadows, grayscale. Add one by one except Mustang shader mod, because I know it changes game shaders I use.

Menu is displayed only in one eye, because otherwise I would have to handle convergence. I do not know how to find it by default. I may try to put it in the same display than menu messages, but will it creates a lot of side effects...so for the moment it will remains as this.

Edited by lefuneste01

1 hour ago, RoyMi6 said:

Woulud very much like to remove the need for using this but your help at least pointed me in the right direction to get something working 🙂

This looks great and I'm in the same situation with exclusive VR use and facing this issue. DCS Waypoint Editor was good for 2D use, but that broke a few months ago and didn't support VR. Would really like to see this develop and A10CII integration 👍

Edited by zildac

45 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Hello, I did not check for last beta, but it was the case in the past, I loose time because I worked on it without understanding it was not displayed in HMD !

Fine ! At least it's logical.

The mod is not compatible with anything that change the way the game display things...If the other mod is acting on different part than my mod both will works, otherwise not.And as the 3dmigoto is not modifying anything in gale, it will always ne broken by the others...

Try to keep all but Mustang mods, shadows, grayscale. Add one by one except Mustang shader mod, because I know it changes game shaders I use.

Menu is displayed only in one eye, because otherwise I would have to handle convergence. I do not know how to find it by default. I may try to put it in the same display than menu messages, but will it creates a lot of side effects...so for the moment it will remains as this.

OK great, I'll work through the list and see what breaks it, thanks for your help 👍

I'm having the same issue as zildac here.  I followed the advice listed and I see the green text when I hit Num0 but SHF F7 does nothing.

I'll try to remove all other mods and test.  

@Zildac, please let us know if you figure out which mod was causing an issue.  Thanks!

I found the conflicting file.  In my case, I had a mod set up for various visual enhancements.  It included a deferred shader file Tonemap.fx.  It has several other shaders and mod files but that one alone was the issue.  That file needs to be stock in order for this mod to work.

I found the conflicting file.  In my case, I had a mod set up for various visual enhancements.  It included a deferred shader file Tonemap.fx.  It has several other shaders and mod files but that one alone was the issue.  That file needs to be stock in order for this mod to work.
Good find. Was it Mustangs shader mod per chance? I've had zero time to look since discovering it was mod related.