3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

Excellent work on this, now for your next trick, can you get rid of the lens flares from the sun being at different angles when looking directly at it?

I was hoping that the Mirror Sun Glare would fix it, but it didn't for me.

I think that lens flare effect can be disabled in graphics settings, cant they ?

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Regarding the last OB 2.5.5.35461 changelog, it is likely that some glitches will be introduced with current mod version. I'll have a look this week end.

I think something broke in my VR Rift zoom OB 2.5.5.35461

Not working now

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

If you haven't done so already, double check you key mappings just incase something's changed.

Cheers

Sent using Tapatalk

MSI Z170X-Gaming 5, Intel 6700K, 32G RAM, RTX2080ti, Samsung SSD gaming drive, Samsung SSD System drive, RIFT CV1, TM Warthog Hotas, TPR peddles, Gamtrix Jetseat

If you haven't done so already, double check you key mappings just incase something's changed.

something happens but not a zoom ..

yours working today update?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Hello,

I had a look yesterday, most of shader have been changed (even if it's only a word, that's enough) with the last OB, so the mod is not compatible with it. I'll try to rebuilt it this week end. I must improve the fix generation for compute shader (too much are to be manually fixed), so it may takes a little time.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

GRT!

n.b. if ever possible, my

user_keymapping_zoom.ini

gets overwritten in an update / JSGME which somewhat defeats the purpose of JSGME

GRT!

n.b. if ever possible, my

user_keymapping_zoom.ini

gets overwritten in an update / JSGME which somewhat defeats the purpose of JSGME

That's normal because I may modify it to add new functions or variable (that's the case here). Same for all user_* files. I may switch the settings to "persistant" (they will be in d3dx_user.ini) but all key mapping will remain in user files.

That's normal because I may modify it to add new functions or variable (that's the case here). Same for all user_* files. I may switch the settings to "persistant" (they will be in d3dx_user.ini) but all key mapping will remain in user files.

ok

After calibrating zooms, I edit the ini and I assign F22 F23 F24 to zoom modes and comment out all calibration keys

perhaps you can move the (3) 'basic' zoom/ function keys from within the \bin *.ini files to ..\d3dx.ini or a whatever 3Dmigoto_keydef.ini or something,

so parameter changes can be made by u, but the user keeps his function keys (which are defined in my Thrustmaster TARGET software for my TMWH)

would that possibly work?

Unfortunately, I did not manage to let only users settings in user* files.

There are some limitations in current 3dmigoto lib, or I did not find the right way. So the user file for zoom include also some functions. Moreover, I must provide these files for new users, otherwise the mod will not work for them.

What I can do is split the mod in two parts, with one for the user files. But then, some will have problem each time I will modify one of these files...

Unfortunately, I did not manage to let only users settings in user* files.

There are some limitations in current 3dmigoto lib, or I did not find the right way. So the user file for zoom include also some functions. Moreover, I must provide these files for new users, otherwise the mod will not work for them.

What I can do is split the mod in two parts, with one for the user files. But then, some will have problem each time I will modify one of these files...

What happens now is, Ins Home PgUp for instance are Throttle keys for the FA-18C, PgUp will trigger FA-18C full throttle,

and I change these to 'virtual' MS F22-F24 keys, but I cannot calibrate with these.

So, I calibrate(d) with Ins Home PgUp, then edit the ini, change to F22-F24 and ;comment out all other key definitions needed for calibration and binocular mask etc.

I tried several ;commenting out and deleting lines,

but I end up now when starting DCS with error messages 'cannot find key = definition Key4 - E' or something (which did not happen in the previous version 2.6.2 I think to remember when I commented out lines?).

Not a real problem for these error listings disappear entering another screen.

VR Zoom works GREAT.

You should comment out the complete [key] section. I removed the mapping in DCS, instead of modifying the mod, because I use an HOTAS. I'm not piloting with keyboard, as most of simmer, I think.

You may also use the "pause" to setup zoom settings, so it will not matter if setting keys are mapped with DCS function.

Anyway, I think I will extend the idea of "setting mode" I used for NVG (and so distribute new user file).

I just assigned fake virtual key values to keys 4-E that's got rid of the error messages. Should have thought pf that before, took a while to just think of that. Solved. Great mod.

How would I go around binding the page up to my TM stick ?

which plane?

with FA18C there is problem with used keys

I use TARGET programming for own keys

f.i.

// VR ZOOM MOD 2x 5x 10x // F22 F23 F24 = 71 72 73

// MapKey(&Throttle,BSB,DX32);

MapKey(&Throttle,BSB,USB[0x73]); // BSB Boat back 5x

etc

learn TARGET

How would I go around binding the page up to my TM stick ?

Actually I just figured out the easiest way would be to install JoytoKey

https://joytokey.net/en/download

Its 7USD but I think the 'trial' never expires so just try and see.

Connect your USB joystick devices, configure how many there are in setup, each gets its own tab.

Push a button and it shows up in the tab/button/axis listing, assign key to button (can do a lot more), the same u define in 3dmigito *.ini, done

(I think, I'm using target, but this comes in handy with all my other devices that could use SHIFT buttons, which this program also can do)

Edited by majapahit

I am getting wierd artifacts when zooming in and moving my head - like a dark blue shadow - and the water looks odd

could you post a track and check that you do not have "cockpit illumination" in your graphics settings ?

errr,

the copy message is now on top of the original message, when before it was 'floating' (somewhere in the middle)? Can't see new incoming messages.

Perhaps the copy should be underneath were the news ones appear, this red hue is now rather a hue layer on all text?

or am I missing something?

errr,

the copy message is now on top of the original message, when before it was 'floating' (somewhere in the middle)? Can't see new incoming messages.

Perhaps the copy should be underneath were the news ones appear, this red hue is now rather a hue layer on all text?

or am I missing something?

This is the "improved" copy / paste feature. I had some situation where information were not on Radio messages place but on lower right part. Moreover, it was very hard to setup convergence for the former method (at least with Pimax).

So now the whole screen is copyed, and displayed at the same place as the original one. SHIFT+F5 toggle on/off the display, and I put it in red in order to show that this mode is active.

I can put it below the original one, but then the map will hide the copied message. I'll have a look in order to avoid to hide new messages.

Edited by lefuneste01

hi

i use pimax 5k and with small fov all is fine

i tryed to rise my fov and adapt the zoom via end /pgup button

but after 30 mins i gave up on backed to small fov

if someone have some experience with adapting in higher fovs plz share :)

just a small sidemark

i played a mission in mig21 with very bad weather (dynamic) and had some artefacts

black screen at smoky area

lefuneste,

first of all, thanks for your work, especially the zoom is simply fantastic!

Unfortunately, I have experienced black flickering when flying by burning area, even without zoom.

First fly-by, when no target burning, everything is ok; starting at second attack, when some targets are already burning, whole screen black flickering appears and was getting worse with more targets exploding and burning.

The effect is repeatable by replaying trk file, when uninstalling 3Dmigoto VR mod flickering disappears, when reinstalling mod, appears again; both monitor and VR.

At least on my computer.

*.trk file and screenshots with setting attached

PS: Please don’t judge my combat skills :)

Black Flickering.trk

2141055264_DCSsetsystem.thumb.jpg.f7a56f6d89f01791d144de1dcd21d732.jpg

236300402_DCSsetgameplay.thumb.jpg.d9437e42242cb5e10955d140f2632bee.jpg

1738371461_DCSsetmisc.thumb.jpg.840a7b6835291b48116254ca15cf9688.jpg

Edited by wju

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

lefuneste,

first of all, thanks for your work, especially the zoom is simply fantastic!

Unfortunately, I have experienced black flickering when flying by burning area, even without zoom.

First fly-by, when no target burning, everything is ok; starting at second attack, when some targets are already burning, whole screen black flickering appears and was getting worse with more targets exploding and burning.

The effect is repeatable by replaying trk file, when uninstalling 3Dmigoto VR mod flickering disappears, when reinstalling mod, appears again; both monitor and VR.

At least on my computer.

*.trk file and screenshots with setting attached

PS: Please don’t judge my combat skills :)

Ok thanks to the track I found the fautly shader but for the moment I do not understand the problem...workaround = disable MSAA...