Rejoice! The VR performance update comes next week!!

Jarhead_SGT

Well apparently its been in since the first 2.5.5 update...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Wags & Co, clearly said that 2.5.5.31917 did not include it. Multiple times even. Don't know what is status now for 2.5.5.32299.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It does not really matter what kind of crap made its way into the current build. What matters is if the actual improvement is there and all of us are able to witness/enjoy it :). Until that - I don't care about any official statements.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

Guys,

Have you seen this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243521 and this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243523

I was kind of amazed about two things. Firstly, that the optimisations are in, and my results showing a 50% improvement in Wags' test!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Guys,

Have you seen this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243521 and this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243523

I was kind of amazed about two things. Firstly, that the optimisations are in, and my results showing a 50% improvement in Wags' test!

So far, it looks like you are the only one who sees that +50% which raises the question, what's so different about your system/settings?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I find it absurd that there are two un-official statements, that it didn't get in and that then it already was made.

So what to trust really?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I accept full responsibility :pilotfly:

Well it now seems you were right all along; not even ED knew that they had released the patch that they had released. I bow down before your god-like prescience. :)

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

So far, it looks like you are the only one who sees that +50% which raises the question, what's so different about your system/settings?

Hmm, maybe I’ll check my settings later just to make sure I didn’t mess things up!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hmm, maybe I’ll check my settings later just to make sure I didn’t mess things up!

OK, so I am a complete idiot! I forgot I had PD set to 1.8 in the Release Version! So, now I get exactly the same in OB and Release. Duh!

Interestingly enough, If you plow through the results, there isn't much difference between stable and OB in frame rate. I personally saw big differences in smoothness and smearing when turning, moving, or going fast down low. FPS tho was very similar.

Reprojection has worked wonders when that is on!

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

I find it absurd that there are two un-official statements, that it didn't get in and that then it already was made.

So what to trust really?

Yes I find this a bit iffy, ED say we haven't included the vr update because it broke and needs fixing, now apparently it has been released? Seems to me they are taking advantage of some reporting a vast improvement rather than fix the issue. Why spend time and money fixing something that so many people are saying has already been done?

Seems to me they are taking advantage of some reporting a vast improvement rather than fix the issue.

:) That's pretty cynical. :)

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Problems? :)

Nah man I have very good performance since the last update. But if I was to fly say the normandy campaign perhaps performance might not be so hot, as there are alot of moving parts on some of those missions.

Hi Wolf,

I guess because you said you had stutters?

I tried a Spit on a Normandy MP map today - there weren't many available in my area, and my ping was around 300!

With all my cores in use (when I started DCS it defaulted to 1) I got a steady 30 fps up to a peak of 45 fps and absolutely no stutters - it was the same when I fly on my usual Caucus server which normally has around 10 players and lots of AI stuff happening.

When DCS defaults on startup to 1 core, my frame rates are around 15, and stutters galore.

If I get time I will upload a video of the flight - which had all graphics settings on high except for shadows which are on the lowest, and a VR setting of 1.2. I've included screen shots of my graphics settings.

SpitNormandy.jpg.8e9a2154f3932d3d94e6f03182d10cde.jpg

SettingsScreen1.thumb.jpg.52f29f3c125fe4f65946f9086c2d48ef.jpg

SettingsScreen2.thumb.jpg.78b68f9ebb8cf1886faf3b5976df785b.jpg

VRSettingsScreen.thumb.jpg.c6bc5f4203d3619b64c0f431eb85f32c.jpg

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller

Hi Wolf,

I guess because you said you had stutters?

I tried a Spit on a Normandy MP map today - there weren't many available in my area, and my ping was around 300!

With all my cores in use (when I started DCS it defaulted to 1) I got a steady 30 fps up to a peak of 45 fps and absolutely no stutters - it was the same when I fly on my usual Caucus server which normally has around 10 players and lots of AI stuff happening.

When DCS defaults on startup to 1 core, my frame rates are around 15, and stutters galore.

If I get time I will upload a video of the flight - which had all graphics settings on high except for shadows which are on the lowest, and a VR setting of 1.2. I've included screen shots of my graphics settings.

Ah well that was before the update in SP. I don't get them since the update. Though I am getting gamebreaking flashes (lags) in multiplayer, although it seems to be worse on some servers than others. Not sure if its the age old problem of FPS drops when assets load into the map. Will give it another try now and see...

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Ah well that was before the update in SP. I don't get them since the update. Though I am getting gamebreaking flashes (lags) in multiplayer, although it seems to be worse on some servers than others. Not sure if its the age old problem of FPS drops when assets load into the map. Will give it another try now and see...

Hi Wolf, yes, multiplayer was the killer for me. All cores finally made it playable (hate using that word - it is a sim not a game!)

I just flew the first mission in The Big Show campaign. I've recorded the video to use as part of a youtube tutorial I'm putting together, and will upload it in the next few days.

I'm getting around 45 fps when not running FRAPS to record, and around 30 steady when recording with FRAPS. It did drop down to 15 for some very short periods - like when I first went to the F2 view on the enemy - but even then it didn't stutter. When I got into the dog fight with many planes, the FPS stuck at 30.

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller