My most expensive module by far... feeling bad..

Koriel

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand first and foremost money needs to be made i do however think its a little off when all i see so far from the list is a quality of life update. If you intend to update the cockpit textures that's fine (frankly they need doing), if however this is a new variant of the black shark then why don't you market it as such and have two module variants?

like the OP has said there is a lot of people that have paid a few times over for this particular module and im worried this could be a new trend being set as an alternate way of making more money, concerns especially with the A10c updates coming in the future.

I'm a supporter of ED and have been for a number of years, i've also seen some really bad decisions that have caused ripples through the community, I really hope that this is not going to be the start of a future trend being introduced to us here because this would be a rather unsavory way of turning over money in the future..

For me personally i will happily take the free texture update but as for the "upgrade" im going to hold onto my cash and let others tell me first if the value of this new update/upgrade is worth the extra features!

One thing that i have learned over the years of being a ED fan is to be far more cautious about where i lay down my hard earned cash especially around early access modules and beta's.

Nicely said and I agree with you.

I like playing Multiplayer almost exclusively. The servers I like to play on already restrict my weapons loadout. I doubt very much they will allow me air to air missiles. I will wait and see and see how it goes before buying an upgrade. For me, I have learned not to buy into early release and wait for the bugs to be worked out.

I have bought into most of the DCS inventory since joining with you guys in 2011.

The Ka-50 as it currently is, suits me just fine and is the aircraft of choice most of the time.

DCS is the only sim I play.

I am surprised DCS does not just charge a flat out annual fee to cover all the costs.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bought the BS2. I have what I paid for - at least I will when the textures have been updated so I can tell which buttons are pressed.

The BS2 is the most modern clickable Red aircraft available in DCS. I think. That alone means I will jump on a BS3 when it's released. Making it a cheaper upgrade for existing BS2 owners is decent, and means I won't be able to resist.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

100% and well said.

Thanks Dav - keep seeing a lot of righteous indignation lately, but looking at the size of these updates, the pace of rollouts and the sheer number of modules/maps that get hit: CA, WWII Assets, 3rd Party, OB, Stable, Maps.

When you look at the pace, and the number of things they are addressing across all fronts, absolutely stunning. A frantic pace, and I can say having been here since 2011 (only registered in forums 2013), that they always deliver.

Paying $60 for an airframe, and over a 5 or 10 year lifespan, injecting a few more dollars for updates, etc. IS a bargain. Just my world view FWIW. I have more more expensive hobbies.

:thumbup:

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Well AFAIK the new subsystems are from a different RL production block, so charging for them is entirely justified. Why are people even debating this?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Yes, the paid update is kinda unexpected but I guess ED gotta feed themselves and honestly I support them totally in their decision, especially since everybody gets that free cockpit update, but I still won't expect that update to cost more than 15$, or even 10$ I dunno, just because the ns430 navigation thingy is priced at these values

Edit: Wtf am I saying, I don't even care how much it's gonna cost, I am probably the biggest fanboy of the ka50 ever, I got a question sorta unrelated to this affair, how did you find russian info to make this module and especially this update ? I mean it's an ultra sophisticated recent russian military helo, I mean russia is supposed to be super secretive about military information and you roll out this ? Please make a sort of documentary about the development of the ka50 module on your youtube channel, especially since it's your first full fidelity module you made and this update's gonna roll out

Edited by notproplayer3

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Recent? Super-Secretive? There's pics, stats, and rather large photos of it and it's cockpit spammed all over the internet. The Ka-52 that is. The Ka-50 is an old experiment that became the Ka-52. If you know what's in the Ka-52, then you know what's in the Ka-50. There seems to have been many prototypes of the Ka-50, so I think ED is just picking a random one they liked. At least, one the Russians showed off.

The Russians even show off the Ka-52 simulator, so I don't see how it could really be that secret. Sure, there may be a part or two, but it probably involves the radar (which is not on the Ka-50). Everything else is old school.

Edited by 3WA

Recent? Super-Secretive? There's pics, stats, and rather large photos of it and it's cockpit spammed all over the internet. The Ka-52 that is. The Ka-50 is an old experiment that became the Ka-52. If you know what's in the Ka-52, then you know what's in the Ka-50. There seems to have been many prototypes of the Ka-50, so I think ED is just picking a random one they liked. At least, one the Russians showed off.

The Russians even show off the Ka-52 simulator, so I don't see how it could really be that secret. Sure, there may be a part or two, but it probably involves the radar (which is not on the Ka-50). Everything else is old school.

Okay then, if you say so, but it's still pretty crazy to me, the su 27 for example, why hasn't it received full fidelity treatment ? All the people always say the same thing and that is that the russians don't give out info easily, so maybe it wasn't that of a crazy job from eagle dynamics side but more from the russian side that put the information out to the public, I dunno, all I'm saying is that I'm happy we have a modern attack helicopter in DCS

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

The Ka-50 is an old experiment that became the Ka-52. If you know what's in the Ka-52, then you know what's in the Ka-50.

You keep saying this, but it's not much more true than saying that if you know what's in the F/A-18C you know what's in the F-5E Tiger 2

In both cases the newer airframe is a development from the older, but the F/A-18C and F-5E T2 are not the same aircraft manufactured on different day, and neither are the Ka-50 and Ka-52

Cheers.

The Black Shark has been feature complete for a long time, so anything you get now is extra on top of that. In order to develop those new items that weren't promised back then, require development time, that means a real human or a number of humans need to work on it and create all these things. If it takes to a new Block, or better completes the one we have, it doesnt matter, there is work required to do it, and it was something that wasnt available to be done back in 2011.

This does bring up the point of doing "add on" variants for some cost. Fine the original black shark will get its pit update, external model etc. Which you are also leveragining for a 90% similar pit, and some additional work on a better RWR/missiles etc. I have no issue for paying something for the variant model.

And I actually think a fair amount of people don't have a problem paying for a variant of an existing module in general provided its different enough. I.e. there is a ton of commonality between the later versions of the A10A and the C. Same FM, same Brrrrt etc. And I think folks would pay, maybe not full price, but an addon price of like 30 bucks for something like that. I know I want an earlier harrier and hornet versions, same has been said for the Viper. Of course you have to balance that with "new" airframes that sell for full price.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

tenor.gif

Seriously though, more info on that when we have it.

I guess its time to talk to my bank about a loan. :D

edbanner_new.png
AMD R5 3600 @ 4,5GHz, ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti, MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200, Liquid Freezer II 280, Corsair HXi Series HX750i

tenor.gif

Seriously though, more info on that when we have it.

Bwaaaaa HA HA HA HA HA

:thumbup:

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

I am very happy for the Ka-50 updates and more.. and really get bummed when the Black Shark update isn't ready. Just hope it is soon, been along time waiting.... like a child waking up on Xmas running to the tree...

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

This does bring up the point of doing "add on" variants for some cost. Fine the original black shark will get its pit update, external model etc. Which you are also leveragining for a 90% similar pit, and some additional work on a better RWR/missiles etc. I have no issue for paying something for the variant model.

And I actually think a fair amount of people don't have a problem paying for a variant of an existing module in general provided its different enough. I.e. there is a ton of commonality between the later versions of the A10A and the C. Same FM, same Brrrrt etc. And I think folks would pay, maybe not full price, but an addon price of like 30 bucks for something like that. I know I want an earlier harrier and hornet versions, same has been said for the Viper. Of course you have to balance that with "new" airframes that sell for full price.

AFAIK, we're not getting updates to the current version. The external model update will be for the newer variant with MWS and the cockpit I guess as well. I'd like to be corrected, though, as having both would be a better option for different scenarios.

And yes, I'd also gladly pay for older variants of some of the other modules as well (F/A-18A or earlier C, A-10A, etc.).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

AFAIK, we're not getting updates to the current version. The external model update will be for the newer variant with MWS and the cockpit I guess as well. I'd like to be corrected, though, as having both would be a better option for different scenarios.

And yes, I'd also gladly pay for older variants of some of the other modules as well (F/A-18A or earlier C, A-10A, etc.).

Quoting the newsletter here:

...While new cockpit functions will be part of a paid upgrade, the entirely new and improved cockpit and external model will be available for free....

Newsletter: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3930888&postcount=198

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• 4 weeks later...