Community A-4E-C

That”s right, that’s them.

F_111_A8_274_2002_Photo_via_Winston.jpg

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Hi, I'm not sure if this is something I'm doing wrong or a known/unknown issue.

I just took off in an A4 with aim9 on 2/4, rockets on 1/5 and a centreline tank on 3. I set my pylon switches to 2/4, master arm on, and weapon switch to bomb & GM Arm. I had no tone whatsoever, but when I pulled the trigger I obviously fired a missile (as well as my guns as they were armed - my bad! :)). As soon as I fired though I started getting tone from the other missile?

I then unselected pylons etc as the threat actually was a parachute (don't ask!) and carried on my mission. Later I had a MiG tangle with me and went to A2A again, and again had no tone. I manouvered right behind the MiG and fired with no sound at all and the missile tracked and got a hit anyway.

BUT, why am I getting this intermittent noise?

Edited by SoW Reddog

You have to set th guns to safe to use other weapons

Well that patently is not correct, given I fired the guns AND the AIM9...

Be really good if someone who knows what they're talking about could confirm. Last night I had no such issues at all, and the growl tone was there from the moment I flicked the pylon live.

hi guys, somebody can takeoff from carrier, with new update? because i can't, Lalt 1 and LAlt 2 and nothing, thanks community A-4, awesome mod, Helles Belle, fantastic skins congratulations

Seems to work in Single Player (I just did my first cat launch) but not in MP (Or not reliably anyway). Which were you trying?

No statement from the developers for a long time. Not much activity on github either (https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/issues). Problems within the team or negotiations on a full module? Just speculating. :music_whistling::D

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

You have to set th guns to safe to use other weapons

Well that patently is not correct, given I fired the guns AND the AIM9...

Be really good if someone who knows what they're talking about could confirm. Last night I had no such issues at all, and the growl tone was there from the moment I flicked the pylon live.

I just fired rockets with the weapon release button and guns with the trigger at the same time. You have to set the weapon selector to GM UNARM, with the appropriate Station Selector switch(s) to READY and the Master Arm to ON and the GUNS switch to READY. For guns and AIM-9, sorry, haven't tried that yet. I seem to recall guns will fire when set to READY even with Master Arm to OFF. Otherwise, with Weapon Selector set to ROCKETS, both the guns and the rockets want to use the trigger. I don't remember which one wins out. And that's as is (or was) in the real A-4E, according to the NATOPS manual.

I had the same issue as well.

Try pulling up gently as you release, that eleviated the problem a little but anything in a straight line they would explode, especially SE.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm in the process of making the instruments more visible under natural light.

does any one know what to script in the skin description.lua to make it look at the .dds file?

image.jpeg

To expand on the above.

Here's what I'm starting with.

I can get it to work if I put the cockpit instrument files into the Mod folder.

But I want to be able to put them in the aircraft skin folders so I can package them for distribution.

The files I'm working on so far are:

a-4e_instrbckgd_1.dds

a-4e_instrbckgd_2.dds

a-4e_instrdetails_1.dds

Still looking for the file with the flap indicator.

1948239957_A-4E-CCockpit1.thumb.jpg.00e67ed36ff259e08abcfef16b83e9c1.jpg

image.jpeg

Found it

463695209_A-4E-CCockpit3.thumb.jpg.113e9cb7660ff70bfba240df8cb0ceeb.jpg

image.jpeg

The implementation of Colt Mk12 cannon is good. Really great! Too good in fact. MK12 had a dodgy reputation in F8 and A-4 in Vietnam, that when fired inverted , or at high bank angles with high G, the weapon would jam. Good thing Crusader carried 4 and Skyhawk , a pair.

In the Mod, I have never had one jam. I tried jamming it, firing it inverted, pulling G. It always fires. Failures option in A-4EC does not list gun as point of failure.

Is there any special procedure to use the central hardpoint bombs? I cannot make them to launch, no matter what I try. No problems with the wing hardpoints.

Seems I am not the only one.

I find that if carrying MK bombs, radar needs to be ON and in AG mode. Set reticle depression as per table or an known good value for release conditions. I get those depression values rote, by viewing YT Videos with that quirky fast paced British accented guy. 400 feet AGL, 400 knots, for MK AIR or Snakeeye is 115 DOWN depr. Place the retticle carret tip on target (prior to release) then target designate. Now you can use WEAPON RELEASE button. Aircraft has to be in a nose down attitude where the AG radar bar stops moving. RELEASE. Works for area targets like roads and runways.

Obviously verify that pylon is ON, bombs are fused Nose & Tail, Master Arm ON, Weapon Selector is on Bomb GM mode.

Yeah I know, seems a lot of hoops to jump through just to release a MK family of bombs. But I guess back in '60s, '70's, and early , that was the way.

I don't quite understand how A-4E Radar Search function is used. Data displayed makes no sense.

For example, at sea, vessels don't appear as dot returns.

TC radar only makes sense in Profile. Plan radar returns make as much as sense , or as little, as Search.

This is freaking awesome, especially the fact it has Kiwi paints!! But I can't seem to find the AIM 9 that the manual says it can carry in the weapon selection menu

You can only carry AIM-9 on stations 2 and 4.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

The implementation of Colt Mk12 cannon is good. Really great! Too good in fact. MK12 had a dodgy reputation in F8 and A-4 in Vietnam, that when fired inverted , or at high bank angles with high G, the weapon would jam. Good thing Crusader carried 4 and Skyhawk , a pair.

In the Mod, I have never had one jam. I tried jamming it, firing it inverted, pulling G. It always fires. Failures option in A-4EC does not list gun as point of failure.

MK-12 itself was an ok cannon. The link chute/ammo can was 99 percent of the problems after g loading. When loading the ammo cans with a belt of rounds, we used this lube ( I won't say the nickname) and slathered the belt with this stuff hopefully avoiding jams. It made a mess..

12-inch-Red-aviation-ordnance-logo-sticker-with-IYAOYAS-banner.png