Community A-4E-C

It needs to go in your Saved Games\[DCS]\Mods\Aircraft folder rather than the DCS installation folders. This may be the issue?

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Forget modman.

just install it as per the instructions and it’ll work fine.

https://discord.gg/HjdnDCkw

• Like 1

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Thank you for your interest in my problem.

I understood that we had to put Community A4-E-C in E: \ Users \ ROUJANSKY \ Documents \ Saved Games \ DCS \ Mods \ aircraft.

What I cannot understand Is how to make DCS 2.7 recognize the E: \ Users \ ROUJANSKY \ Documents \ Saved Games \ DCS \ Mods \ aircraft folder ?

Thank you for your understanding and for your help !

Yes, "Saved Games" is a hard-coded Windows entity, found in the users home folder (the folder with the same name as the user's user-id (name), "ROUJANSKY" in this case.

Marcstrasm, you will most likely find your home folder on your system disk, where Windows is installed; eg "C:\Users\ROUJANSKY". Navigate to there to find the Windows "Saved Games", which is where many games place their user-specific files, including DCS. You will find a folder there named "DCS" or "DCS.openbeta" or both, depending on which DCS you have installed.

• Like 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

1 hour ago, Marcstrasb said:

Thank you for your interest in my problem.

I understood that we had to put Community A4-E-C in E: \ Users \ ROUJANSKY \ Documents \ Saved Games \ DCS \ Mods \ aircraft.

What I cannot understand Is how to make DCS 2.7 recognize the E: \ Users \ ROUJANSKY \ Documents \ Saved Games \ DCS \ Mods \ aircraft folder ?

Thank you for your understanding and for your help !

You can change the location of your Saved Games folder it's easy. How did I do ? First I create a "Saved Games" folder in F:\ for me, 2- Right clic on your Saved Games In C:\ => Property => Location => See screenshot (sorry Windows in french) and DCS will find new Saved Games folder.

Saved Games.png

• Like 1

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

19 hours ago, Morpheus said:

You can change the location of your Saved Games folder it's easy. How did I do ? First I create a "Saved Games" folder in F:\ for me, 2- Right clic on your Saved Games In C:\ => Property => Location => See screenshot (sorry Windows in french) and DCS will find new Saved Games folder.

Saved Games.png

I wasn't aware you could do that with Saved Games, thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

@Nozzle best way is to open a ticket at https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/issues

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

On 11/29/2021 at 11:15 AM, Nozzle said:

Apologies if this is a repeat comment but it seems to me the pilot size in the A-4 module is too small for the aircraft.  Here is the DCS pilot compared with an actual group of pilots for comparison:

A4E_VA72C_2.jpg

1920px-Douglas_A-4F_Skyhawks_aboard_USS_Hancock_(CVA-19)_on_25_May_1972_(6430106).jpg

But if you notice, the pilots in lower picture are all sitting up straight, not laid back in seat like your top example pic.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

2.0 RC3 is out. Just a repost.

And...oh no!

ERROR.jpg

Edited by VFGiPJP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 12/1/2021 at 6:10 AM, VFGiPJP said:

2.0 RC3 is out. Just a repost.

And...oh no!

ERROR.jpg

A clear error message, that tells you exactly what to do... and you don't run into a heart attack...

Edited by =Skywarp=
  • Like 1

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

It is just a report, no big deal. Developers alerted. What do you expect? 🤔

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

4 hours ago, VFGiPJP said:

It is just a report, no big deal. Developers alerted. What do you expect? 🤔

Thanks, but we are aware given that we wrote the message. Unfortunately after sending a very detailed defect report to ED I think this defect has been shelved or considered low priority (which is fine). So we have to resort to this otherwise users may attribute the strange behaviours associated with the memory corruption as behaviours or inaccuracies of the model itself.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, JNelson said:

Thanks, but we are aware given that we wrote the message. Unfortunately after sending a very detailed defect report to ED I think this defect has been shelved or considered low priority (which is fine). So we have to resort to this otherwise users may attribute the strange behaviours associated with the memory corruption as behaviours or inaccuracies of the model itself.

I have posted the message to the respective mods, too.  Thank you for taking time and respond.  Keep up the good work.

So, in my experience so far, only the AIM 9b ever finds a lock for air-to-air (against a MiG-21). Is that normal for this stage of the mod?
Also, any tips on preventing the aircraft from suddenly whipping around (perfect yaw rotation) and flying backwards for a bit? That tends to cause the aircraft to drop and I'd prefer to stay in the air. 😛

I'm also occasionally experiencing sudden loss of speed when diving (and it's not just the aircraft over-speeding and making the speedo look like it's slow, I actually start falling slower).

Basically, to anyone who knows the flight characteristics, is that normal? I started out being able to consistently keep a one circle with the MiGs, but now the A4 randomly breaks the physics without any consistent feedback. Maybe I'm just a bad pilot, but I find it strange that the more experience I get the weirder the things happen. No, I'm not demanding an instant fix. I just want to know where I went wrong or if this is normal for the mod at this stage.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this/help me out.