Community A-4E-C

hace 3 horas, JNelson dijo:

... pull up by 45 degrees it would release the bomb. 

Yes!!!  thanks JNelson. I was not coming out of the dive with such angle

I update my procedure/notes in case it helps anyone.

1º With an agressive dive (around 45º) 

Bomb Pilon switch select ON

Fuse nose and tail.

Ripple Single

AWRS 2 (for example)

Selector to "LABS"

Master Arm ON.

AG radar mode 

A) I put the target on my reticle and "dive" towards it. I try to maintain a stable flight

B) The "In Range" warning comes on

C) I press and HOLD pickle button/Bomb release button. 

D) Warning beep sounds 

E) LABS light comes on (It may take several seconds for the computer to launch ) and off. This confirms the launch  

E) Break in any direction .

2º With a soft dive (around 25º) 

Fuse nose and tail.

Ripple Single

AWRS 2 (for example)

Selector to "LABS"

Master Arm ON.

AG radar mode 

A) I put the target on my reticle and "dive" towards it. I try to maintain a stable flight

D) Warning beep sounds 

E) LABS light comes on.   

F) Break up (with aprox 45º angle) 

G) LABS light off. This confirms the launch

• Like 1

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

JNelson, I though is neeeded RIPPLE-SINGLE, Thanks for your correction.

About axis, (STAB AUG always on) before engage autopilot I always have a progresive turn to left, rudder in 0, and need continuos inputs. After disengage AP, the straight flight is posible. i've tries many times and don't think is a placebo.... I feel It more stable in dving also. Maybe after AP the rudder is more perfect centered?

Anyway, if it's a placebo, is a nice placebo! 😁

Edited by JorgeB2

37 minutes ago, JorgeB2 said:

JNelson, I though is neeeded RIPPLE-SINGLE, Thanks for your correction.

About axis, (STAB AUG always on) before engage autopilot I always have a progresive turn to left, rudder in 0, and need continuos inputs. After disengage AP, the straight flight is posible. i've tries many times and don't think is a placebo.... I feel It more stable in dving also. Maybe after AP the rudder is more perfect centered?

Anyway, if it's a placebo, is a nice placebo! 😁

Sounds like a control issue with your setup.

1 hour ago, Joe1978 said:

Yes!!!  thanks JNelson. I was not coming out of the dive with such angle

I update my procedure/notes in case it helps anyone.

1º With an agressive dive (around 45º) 

Fuse nose and tail.

Ripple Single

AWRS 2 (for example)

Selector to "LABS"

Master Arm ON.

AG radar mode 

D) Warning beep sounds 

E) LABS light comes on (It may take several seconds for the computer to launch ) and off. This confirms the launch  

E) Break in any direction .

2º With a soft dive (around 25º) 

Fuse nose and tail.

Ripple Single

AWRS 2 (for example)

Selector to "LABS"

Master Arm ON.

AG radar mode 

D) Warning beep sounds 

E) LABS light comes on.   

F) Break up (with aprox 45º angle) 

G) LABS light off. This confirms the launch

You can break less hard you just need to get much closer to be in range. As I said in range means if you broke up by 45 degrees the bomb would release, doesn't mean you have to. You can wait to be closer, this will generally be more accurate.

• Like 1

21 ore fa, Razor5-1 ha scritto:

Is anyone else experiencing issues with axis bindings since the last update? 

I had to assign all commands from scratch again here, mate.

But that just to keep myself always on the safe side, you know (i'm currently doing the same with all the other models I got, as after any main update, BTW 😉).

After done this, I started again from the same point I left. And all seem "working", until now at least.

Lucky me? Hhmmm.

Sorry for having been of not so much help, I'm afraid.

Good luck and with best regards.

Edited by JagHond

I would like to thank everyone involved with this.  I really appreciate this great mod.

Thank you!

I need help and also have a request for a skin.

I need help installing the RCN A-4 skin. I am using 2.7. I am trying to install it in C Users DCSopenbeta Liveries. It does not show up in any section where I can choose the skin.  I think that I am not using the correct name?  This is the skin.  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312072/

I would appreciate any advice.

Are there any skinners out there interested in the tiger stripe A-4?  As per this example?

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235069167-hasegawa-148-douglas-a-4e-skyhawk/

11 minutes ago, NoCoolName66 said:

.. I need help installing the RCN A-4 skin. I am using 2.7. I am trying to install it in C Users DCSopenbeta Liveries. It does not show up in any section where I can choose the skin.  I think that I am not using the correct name? 

I place the skins on this path:

\Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta\Liveries\A-4E-C

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 minutes ago, CarbonFox said:

Just curious. Was the A-4E ever fitted with the improved P-408 version of the J52 engine with 11,200 pounds of thrust?

Acording to the NAVAIR manual, the P-408 was fitted only to the A-4F, the 4E used the J52-P6A/B or the P-8A/B, with a thrust of 8500 lb and 9,300 lb respectively.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Completely my fault.  I did not notice the top of the lua needed filling in.

I found the location of the other skins, saw how they were named, and just used the suggested name that was in in the lua.

Thanks everyone for your help. 

As for the Tiger A-4, I've always liked schemes like that and I really think it would look awesome in the game.  Hopefully someone is interested enough to do it.  I would try it, but my stick figures are terrible.

5 hours ago, CarbonFox said:

Just curious. Was the A-4E ever fitted with the improved P-408 version of the J52 engine with 11,200 pounds of thrust?

As rudel said, it was only fitted with the J-52-P6/A or the J-52-P8/A. Our A-4E has the J-52-P8/A as this was the engine I could find with the most detailed data.

@NoCoolName66 I did a similar pattern, different colours, a while back if someone wants to copy the pattern. I could do it but it wouldn’t be for a couple of months until I could get around to it.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306773/

• Like 2

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

👍🏽 I will update it at some stage, just need time right now. Also waiting until the new template comes out before I do any more A-4 skins.

When I do update it, I’ll do a variety of colours & countries etc.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Also, I just noticed that download has the modified instrument panel that I did.

it changes the instruments to white backgrounds. I find it easier to read them that way.

lf you do put them in the folder as mentioned it changes ALL A-4 instrument panels not just that download one.

I have a lua that will change just the individual skin but haven’t uploaded it yet.

if you don’t want the white instruments just delete them or leave them where they are.

Edited by Helles Belle
  • Like 1

image.jpeg

So I removed the A-4E mod after trying to solve a crashing issue in DCS. After finally resolving the issues, I attempted to put the A-4 mod folders back into the Saved Games Mod folder where they were before but the A-4 does not appear anymore in game. Not sure what I might be doing wrong.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

27 minutes ago, CarbonFox said:

So I removed the A-4E mod after trying to solve a crashing issue in DCS. After finally resolving the issues, I attempted to put the A-4 mod folders back into the Saved Games Mod folder where they were before but the A-4 does not appear anymore in game. Not sure what I might be doing wrong.

Did you place the A4 folder in the aircraft folder?

• Like 1

Gudday all,
Just went through and remapped the A-4E-C to my new HOTAS and panel (fun but not fun), and noticed a few oddities, many of which I can live with given that development is ongoing, but thought I’d mention this one if it can be fixed/improved:

- I’ve mapped all 4 of the lat/long dials, which is great, but they won’t work unless I click the dials down with my mouse.

- Any chance we could get the lat/long dial ‘press’ also added as a key mapping?

One more, both the Doppler radar and Nav rotary dials map to my controls just fine, but they don’t respond in cockpit when pressed on HOTAS/panel.

Cheers!

Nick

Hey Folks,

Got question/problem someone may be able to help me with, 

Downloaded the A4 file, placed it in the DCS aircraft file, started DCS up and got "The following DLCs are not authorised and will be disabled: A-4E-C " msg, I opened DCS and went to installed modules and it shows up there, went to mission editor and opened the aircraft drop down box and its not there, am I missing something..? 

TIA, 

Cheers,

Paul