Community A-4E-C

@Reverend Kyle,

yes it does.

@ Baco

the folder structure is as you mentioned . Inside the mods/aircrafts/A-4ec/ and then the various subfolders.

Not sure about the source code. I downloaded the upper most file of the 3. Not the Tar and not the source code.

I'll try their discord channel now.

Thanks a lot anyway for your ideas guys.

Kind regards,

Snappy

Ok,

just in case anyone else has the problem with getting directly into F10 view,being unable to get into cockpit view and fly the aircraft

after starting any mission.
My problem was solved after installeing this library package. It is different   from the one Reverend Kyle linked earlier on.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0

Thanks a lot to the very helpful & friendly guys in the A-4e Discord server, they sorted me out with that one. Great support there 🙂 !

Kind regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BlackSharkAce said:

Anyone knows if there is a way to get Viacom to work with this ? It seems not, but I’m wondering if there’s anything that can be modded so it would. If it’s a DCS module thing then maybe is my thinking.

You are going to need to contact the viacom people to make it work specifically with the A-4.

• Like 1

I don't know if here is the place to report issue.

I found two issues.

1) It cannot connect with the Tacan which is set with carrier and portable Tacan device.

It works perfectly with the Tacan set in the airfield.

2) Autopilot doesn't work with FFB2.

it cannot hold alt if I use FFB2. It seem reset the trim when I set hold alt on.

Edited by kirk7312
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kirk7312 said:

I don't know if here is the place to report issue.

I found two issues.

1) It cannot connect with the Tacan which is set with carrier and portable Tacan device.

It works perfectly with the Tacan set in the airfield.

2) Autopilot doesn't work with FFB2.

it cannot hold alt if I use FFB2. It seem reset the trim when I set hold alt on.

https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/issues

• Like 1

Are there any bombing charts for the A4 and any kneeboard versions.  I find the one in the A4 guide to difficult to read.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

for some reason I can't fix this issue?

20va4ec1.jpg

20va4ec12.jpg

only this module is doing this.

cantseemtofixthis.jpg

I have the inputs show working but in game there not.

anotherfolderwithsame.jpg

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

7 hours ago, Copprhead said:

You need to delete the "Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\A-4E-C" folder. It contains the old key bindings and some are not compatible with the new version.

Now I have rebind everything!!! 

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

1 minute ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

Now I have rebind everything!!! 

A small price to pay in order to have additional bindings, like the separate wheel brakes 😄  .... now we just need bindings for the brand-new UHF Radio 🙂

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Does anyone know how to communicate with carrier? Once in the air, I call "Inbound" but there's no response and no change in the comms menu. If you bolter or do a touch-and-go, the comms menu pops up automatically with a "Kiss Off" option. Once you select it, the carrier deck lights up (at night) and you get the LSO grade when you trap (no communication from the LSO in the grove). When I practice, I learned to do a touch-and-go with the hook up, then another approach with the hook down. But it gets tedious after a while: To get 3 graded approaches, you have to do a touch-and-go first on each approach. I know this is work in progress - in fact, I'm amazed how well communication works with the deck crew - but I'm just hoping someone can let me in on the secret of how to communicate with the carrier while in the air.

Thanks in advance! (And a HUGE thanks to the developers!)

Doc 

1 hour ago, Doc3908 said:

I'm using easy-comm, so I assumed I don't have to tune to the carrier frequency. I'll certainly try. Does carrier communication work for you while in the air?

I thought the same thing, but I still had to tune into the carrier frequency to get in contact with the Tower.  Also make sure you are in T/R+G mode.  Here is a video I did today flying the newly installed EFM model with my PIMAX 8K.  LOVE it.  Absolute blast in VR.  They still need work on comms with the super carrier such as calling the ball, but it still works a lot better than it did before.  Another thing I noticed was when taxing up to the CAT, when the deck crew gives the signal to accelerate forward, you have to rock the throttle a little to get her hooked in.  There is also an issue where the pilot reds/blacks out when hooking up to the CAT.  The only other issue I have noticed and it may be my flying, is when I touch down on the deck and catch the wire, the nose will shoot into the air at times. Please watch the video below on the first trap and let me know if I am to fast or coming down to hard.  Not sure if this is pilot error or a bug.  Keep up the amazing work.  Really loving this aircraft.  I will post a night flight here soon using ILS on the carrier.  I expect it to be just as scary as the F-14 with all the red lights. 

Edited by Devil 505

I am really enjoying this plane. It is a lot of fun to fly !!!

I would like to share some differences that I have noticed vs 1.4. I understand that they may be due to the new flight model or maybe they are my perceptions ¿?

1. It is difficult to reach high speeds. It seems that ver. 1.4 is quite a bit faster.
2. Sometimes the airplane tends to rotate on its axis without control (especially to the left). Trim has little effect and it takes a lot to regain stability. I'm used to flying with the F5 so it doesn't bother me to correct the flight with the trim but this tendency to spin without apparent cause is quite annoying.
3. The effect of the brakes is quite limited.

A question about development (maybe this has been asked before and I not sure if it's in this plane) would possible add the bombing computer and the AJB-3A?  This, together with this latest update, would greatly complete the module

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

48 minutes ago, Joe1978 said:

2. Sometimes the airplane tends to rotate on its axis without control (especially to the left). Trim has little effect and it takes a lot to regain stability.

have you enabled the Stability Augmentation switch on the AFCS panel?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

hace 6 horas, Rudel_chw dijo:

have you enabled the Stability Augmentation switch on the AFCS panel?

Good question. Normally I use the AFCS enabled (this helps maintain a stable flight ) but in this Beta 2 version I think the behavior of the A4E is better without it. 

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

hace 4 horas, Eldur dijo:

Noticed a slight tendency to roll left as well - as long as I have stores (symmetrically). To be fair, this is not the only plane in DCS where I see that. F-16C is also very good at that, just as an example.

With piston engine airplanes I understand that effect (although EMO in DCS is quite pronounced). As for the F16, I have flown it little but I have never had such an exaggerated tendency to rotate on itself as with the A4e