Community A-4E-C

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/27/2020 at 8:15 PM, archer86 said:

Aim was only ask for if any news about development update, not judge or interrogate. 
Only an ordinary question, nothing more. 
I wish I could help

Hi, sorry Farlander and myself were busy for a few months up to Christmas. Hence the lack of updates. Just last weekend however we did another test event for the A-4 EFM. If you want to keep better up to date you should join our discord

The EFM is nearing release, we are just polishing and fixing bugs at the moment. There is no firm release date yet however.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

you have done a hell of a job on this guys great aircraft keep going!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

On 1/20/2021 at 6:53 AM, Coco said:

Never knew the Skyhawk was upgraded? Here is a video i found with some great footage and information 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KutEnADneo

There a few huge A-4 upgrades. The most extensive were, as far as I can tell, A-4AR Fighting Hawk for Argentina, A-4KU KAHU for New Zealand, and A-4SU for Singapore. At least according to wiki, less than a handful of New Zealandian ones are still in service with Brazilian Navy, and barely a little more of A-4ARs are active with Argentinian Air Force.

They had Mavericks as common among them, and each got HUDs, MFDs, jammers, RWRs etc. Each had different kinds of updates though. I think A-4AR and A-4KU had early F-16's radar, but A-4SU got a simpler radar than those.

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

11 hours ago, WinterH said:

There a few huge A-4 upgrades. The most extensive were, as far as I can tell, A-4AR Fighting Hawk for Argentina, A-4KU KAHU for New Zealand, and A-4SU for Singapore. At least according to wiki, less than a handful of New Zealandian ones are still in service with Brazilian Navy, and barely a little more of A-4ARs are active with Argentinian Air Force.

They had Mavericks as common among them, and each got HUDs, MFDs, jammers, RWRs etc. Each had different kinds of updates though. I think A-4AR and A-4KU had early F-16's radar, but A-4SU got a simpler radar than those.

Brazilian Skyhawks were bought from Kuwait in 97, and some were modernized with all you mentioned plus new Israeli EL/M 2032 multi-mode radar, onboard oxygen and energy generation systems.

Here's a couple pictures I took of one example:

DSCN1869.JPG

DSCN1868.JPG

There are six of these modernized variants, 4 monoplace and two biplace, like the one pictured.

Cockpit looks like this: AF-1M-Cockpit-960x1124.jpg.

Edited by Zibell
  • Like 3

[sIGPIC]hi[/sIGPIC]

That cockpit... amazing to see it in a skyhawk.

Its like having a digital dashboard in a Volkswagen Beetle, except the Skyhawk is probably even older than the beetle...

• Like 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

30 minutes ago, Bozon said:

That cockpit... amazing to see it in a skyhawk.

Its like having a digital dashboard in a Volkswagen Beetle, except the Skyhawk is probably even older than the beetle...

Not really. VW Beetle was built since 1938. The A-4 had its maiden flight in 1954. :smartass:

• Like 1

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

TrackIr Inop

I just installed the latest version of the A-4E-C (I had no prior installs of this aircraft) and TrackIr will not work. The github site says "TrackIR becomes non-functional when loading into different aircraft cockpits. Restarting DCS World usually solves this problem." Tried restarting game as well as a complete restart of computer with no luck. I have not gone into any other aircraft. 

Nealius said "I removed the Headtracking folder from the A-4E mod folder" but I don't see a Headtracking folder. Is there a setting in one of the lua files? 

All other modules trackir is fine.

5 minutes ago, II.JG1_Vonrd said:

Nealius said "I removed the Headtracking folder from the A-4E mod folder" but I don't see a Headtracking folder. Is there a setting in one of the lua files? 

maybe he meant the /saved games/dcs/config/input/a-4e-c/trackir/ folder.

i use a different headtracker software (facetracknoir) and it works with no issues.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

24 minutes ago, JRM said:

Hi theres a way to add bvr to A4? I have su27 activated....can I use the su27 avionics on this one?

The development team strives for fidelity to the real aircraft, so if the real A-4E does not support BVR missiles, then the simulated A-4E won't either. This Mod does not need nor make use of FC3 avionics.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 1/29/2021 at 4:50 PM, II.JG1_Vonrd said:

TrackIr Inop

I just installed the latest version of the A-4E-C (I had no prior installs of this aircraft) and TrackIr will not work. The github site says "TrackIR becomes non-functional when loading into different aircraft cockpits. Restarting DCS World usually solves this problem." Tried restarting game as well as a complete restart of computer with no luck. I have not gone into any other aircraft. 

All other modules trackir is fine.

I can usually go to Edit Controls, then the Rescan button, once to "disable", and a second press to "Enable" IR Tracking again.

• Like 1

Does the forthcoming EFM open the opportunity for potentially implementing Aerial refueling?  Very exciting news!

Quick question - I'm interested in building a simpit centered on the DCS A4 - does anyone in this community have a bead on a source for an A4 cockpit/ forward fuselage or Cockpit Procedure Trainer?  They are so compact I'd love to get my hands on a real one and retrofit rather than build it out of MDF.  

17 hours ago, wereferret said:

Does the forthcoming EFM open the opportunity for potentially implementing Aerial refueling?  Very exciting news!

Quick question - I'm interested in building a simpit centered on the DCS A4 - does anyone in this community have a bead on a source for an A4 cockpit/ forward fuselage or Cockpit Procedure Trainer?  They are so compact I'd love to get my hands on a real one and retrofit rather than build it out of MDF.  

Ebay is your best bet. Or Gov surplus auctions. 

wereferret:

See

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .