Community A-4E-C

Well nor the AI nor me we managed to lauch from a CV compatible with Super Carrier. Is that normal?

Thx

Talon Karde

Du Talon de qualité, élevé au grain et en plein air, entièrement livré en kit.

Mauvais pilote:joystick: sur DCS: F-14B, DCS: F/A-18C et DCS: Mirage 2000C :wub:

-= In Ctrl + E + E + E we trust =-

Blog Takarde Gaming

Envie de tester Shadow de Blade? Tiens, un code de parrainage : ARNJB3VB

Well nor the AI nor me we managed to lauch from a CV compatible with Super Carrier. Is that normal?

The SC has just appeared, use the Stennis instead.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Guys, do we have an updated guide to this awesome module?

This is the one I liked the most: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3695827&postcount=42

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks! So is it still valid for 1.4?

Most of it yes, but you can read the 1.4 changelog to check what are the changes.

I could never stomach the SFM with the FC aircraft. Now that they have PFMs, I fly them all the time. The C-101 was always a nice aircraft, a real diamond in the rough unlike the trouble plagued Hawk. However, I never flew it much because of the SFM. Only now that it has a much improve FM do I fly it frequently. So, take it as a real compliment from someone who hates the LOMAC/FC/DCS SFM, the A-4E-C impresses me with how well it flies. If it wasn't for the lack of separate wheel brake pedals, I would have to wring out the aircraft at the edges of the envelope to expose the SFM problems.

This is such a well done aircraft. It is a shame for it to be constrained by the lack of SDK access/support. Beyond the limitations imposed by the simple flight model, the lack of radio functionality is a real killer for me. I use VACIOM Pro to talk to the ground crew and AI and then add SRS to the mix for multiplayer. So as good looking and well flying as this aircraft is, I probably won't fly it too much.

I really love the Blue Angels skin. I know it has been stated that removal of the hump is not an option by this team, but if it was a check box option along with the weapon pylons, that would leave the aircraft in really good shape as a Blue Angels replica.

This team really raised the bar for what a free mod with the SFM can be. Keep up the good work. This DCS ecosystem could really grow if there were a lot more modders producing this quality of material the way FSX has been for years. So, you are not only entertaining old timers like myself that love the older aircraft from the Cold War era, but you are helping draw a bigger crowd to DCS World, which can only be good for everyone involved.

Thank you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... I use VACIOM Pro to talk to the ground crew and AI and then add SRS to the mix for multiplayer.

Yes, the lack of radio is a bummer, but the last update did add support for SRS:

Version 1.4 Changelog: Featured Items

- Added SRS functionality to radio

yes fantastic job guys, this is great to have

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Hi all,

Great mod indeed.

Very pleasant plane to fly and amazing systems.

I'm looking for a Thrustmaster A-10 HOTAS profile for this great A-4C.

Anyone found such a profile available somewhere ?

Thanks a lot,

Toan

Amazing update, congratulations and thank you!!!

I followed clear procedures on the website, removing the bindings, the previous V1.3 and adding the new one. No problems at all on restart, but only thing I noticed is that the roll and pith sensibility (including standard Y saturation) are exaggerate compared to previous model more/less all other DCS jets I have.

Same thurstmaster A10 Hotas stick and throttle system I always used in the years.

Thank you and congratulations againfor the new updated marvelous mod!!!

Anyone found such a profile available somewhere ?

Hi,

I'm editing one for my TM Cougar .. but the biggest issue is that the A-4 Hotas is much more simpler than the A-10's or F-16's .. so most of the Hats have no real-life equivalent.

I intend to use these for Radar and CM management. I'd like to use them also for the hard-to-use dials of the Navigation computer, but I'm hampered because these don't have keybinds yet :(

I will share the profile once it is on a more advanced state, and even if our Hotas are not the same, it can serve as example.

Regards,

Eduardo

Hi,

I'm editing one for my TM Cougar .. but the biggest issue is that the A-4 Hotas is much more simpler than the A-10's or F-16's .. so most of the Hats have no real-life equivalent.

I intend to use these for Radar and CM management. I'd like to use them also for the hard-to-use dials of the Navigation computer, but I'm hampered because these don't have keybinds yet :(

I will share the profile once it is on a more advanced state, and even if our Hotas are not the same, it can serve as example.

Regards,

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

hanks a ot.

I appreciate that very much.

All the est from France to our friends in Chile,

Enjoy,

Toan

I could never stomach the SFM with the FC aircraft. Now that they have PFMs, I fly them all the time. The C-101 was always a nice aircraft, a real diamond in the rough unlike the trouble plagued Hawk. However, I never flew it much because of the SFM. Only now that it has a much improve FM do I fly it frequently. So, take it as a real compliment from someone who hates the LOMAC/FC/DCS SFM, the A-4E-C impresses me with how well it flies. If it wasn't for the lack of separate wheel brake pedals, I would have to wring out the aircraft at the edges of the envelope to expose the SFM problems.

This is such a well done aircraft. It is a shame for it to be constrained by the lack of SDK access/support. Beyond the limitations imposed by the simple flight model, the lack of radio functionality is a real killer for me. I use VACIOM Pro to talk to the ground crew and AI and then add SRS to the mix for multiplayer. So as good looking and well flying as this aircraft is, I probably won't fly it too much.

I really love the Blue Angels skin. I know it has been stated that removal of the hump is not an option by this team, but if it was a check box option along with the weapon pylons, that would leave the aircraft in really good shape as a Blue Angels replica.

This team really raised the bar for what a free mod with the SFM can be. Keep up the good work. This DCS ecosystem could really grow if there were a lot more modders producing this quality of material the way FSX has been for years. So, you are not only entertaining old timers like myself that love the older aircraft from the Cold War era, but you are helping draw a bigger crowd to DCS World, which can only be good for everyone involved.

Thank you!

Pretty much this. I literally stopped flying SFM when the Su-25T dropped and luckily the original model got the FM as well. There were some rare occasions where I did hop into the other planes, but those were neglectable. And I never bought the Hawk because of this - when it finally got it's FM it still had so many issues... was similar for the 101. Bought it eventually with the Gazelle, both 50% off, but still I never tried it to date as opposed to the Gazelle.

Yet still the A-4E-C amazes... but neverhteless I have two wishes that I won't get rid of until it happens:

1. The thing getting an EFM.

2. The thing becoming an actual module.

I really hope that at least #1 will become true at some point... icon_exclaim.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

... was similar for the 101. Bought it eventually with the Gazelle, both 50% off, but still I never tried it to date ...

If you have never tried it ... how do you know that it is a bad FM ?

Hi! I really want to congratulate you for this community module. I want to download it but cannot find a link. The one on the sticky direct me to a page https://heclak.github.io/community-a4e-c/ but when I click the download link it directs me to another github page, no download. Can you please advise? I would love to have this plane.

bottom of github page (.zip file)

https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/releases/tag/v1.4

Modules: Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Nevada | Supercarrier | WWII Assets | FC3 | Spitfire | P-51D | P-47D | F-86F | L-39 | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | F-14B | A-4E-C | BS2

System: X570 AMD-3900X | 32GB DDR4 3000 | 2TB Gen 4x4 5GB/s NVME | Dual 1070 TI | 4k 32" Samsung

P was similar for the 101. Bought it eventually with the Gazelle, both 50% off, but still I never tried it to date as opposed to the Gazelle.

[/img]

Actually C-101 got it's flight model at least a year ago, and now flies decently, not an SFM anymore. Quite maneuverable, but even CC version is kinda underpowered. I'd suggest you to check it out if you have time.

That aside though, SFM is the only thing really holding the A-4 back. I would love it if it could get an EFM eventually!

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

If you have never tried it ... how do you know that it is a bad FM ?

Where did I say something had a bad FM? Probably I wasn't clear enough. Initially I didn't buy the 101 because of my little interest in jet trainers and it being SFM. Then when I bought it, I did it for two reasons, to support the devs for their awesome work (as I've seen those tremendous fix lists for a while) and because of:

Actually C-101 got it's flight model at least a year ago, and now flies decently, not an SFM anymore. Quite maneuverable, but even CC version is kinda underpowered. I'd suggest you to check it out if you have time.

So yes, I know it has an EFM for a while already, just didn't manage to dump time on that hairrdryer (icon_redface.gif) yet.

And if that "bad FM" thing was one of my previous statements somehwere else on the Gazelle, well - it's true. It has a bad FM with a horrible hardcoded deadzone in the cyclic that makes it feel as if you'd be controlling the thing with your cursor keys on the keyboard, or a digital Quickshot Pro plugged to an A500 which literally is just a giant 8-way trim hat with 2 buttons attached to it. But it's gonna be fixed after the KW arrived and I'm rather confident they'll be getting there after having seen some KW footage. Really looking forward to both actually.

That aside, I am not a fan of SFM, which is why I'm really wishing for the A-4E-C to get that EFM eventually. Still, it's such a great mod that I do fly it every now and then even with SFM, which totally speaks for its overall quality icon_exclaim.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The module is fantastic! It's a lot of fun and after some pause to the DCS it got me hooked again. I have trouble with figuring out the depression table values. Can someone confirm that the depression tables and actual sight is usable or I have to figure everything out in my own practice runs? I'm asking this because level bombing that I've tried didn't produce good results based on depression tables. On the other hand, when I did my own practice and took notes, I've managed to score hits easily but that is very tiresome to do for all the weapons and all profiles.

Nevethless, thanks for this amazing free module!!!

The module is fantastic! It's a lot of fun and after some pause to the DCS it got me hooked again. I have trouble with figuring out the depression table values. Can someone confirm that the depression tables and actual sight is usable or I have to figure everything out in my own practice runs? I'm asking this because level bombing that I've tried didn't produce good results based on depression tables. On the other hand, when I did my own practice and took notes, I've managed to score hits easily but that is very tiresome to do for all the weapons and all profiles.

Nevethless, thanks for this amazing free module!!!

Great question. I suck at level bombing. Would be cool to have some depression settings.

Great question. I suck at level bombing. Would be cool to have some depression settings.
This is my quick and short notes on MK82 SnakeEyes practical employment.

MILS = Sight depression angle

Try it out (keep an eye on radar altimiter)bf7a53f57f860d7d1c7d2275beb5b200.jpg