Community A-4E-C

Hi! Are we able to air refuel yet? Or it won't be possible due to ED's developer kit? Also it would be really fun if we could use the refueling pod to refuel others

Air refueling requires a working radio and as much as I know, you need SDK access on that. That probably will be necessary, no matter if you are the fuel donor or receiver. :(

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Hi, so i just downloaded de A-4, havent touched it since initial release and the cockpit is really dark, even in broad daylight, cant ready anthing, is that a bug or is there a fix?

Also the canopy reflections are reeeally exagerated, screenshots of both follows

Screen_190730_154031.thumb.png.6edb5873a864f9eee4a02de2ae81ab33.png

Screen_190730_195851.thumb.png.c2836e4765ea7832d25faf0560315736.png

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Turn the cockpit lights on.

Hi, so i just downloaded de A-4, havent touched it since initial release and the cockpit is really dark, even in broad daylight, cant ready anthing, is that a bug or is there a fix?

Also the canopy reflections are reeeally exagerated, screenshots of both follows

Air refueling requires a working radio and as much as I know, you need SDK access on that. That probably will be necessary, no matter if you are the fuel donor or receiver. :(

So, will ED give the DEVs access to the SDK?

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

No, it’s a free mod.

Does that mean no radios and no mid-air refueling?

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Does that mean no radios and no mid-air refueling?
Correct

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

:(

:(

The limitations keep it free. SDK access = licensing fees/agreements with ED and the owner of the IP modeled. Previous threads indicate that the fees from the manufacturer of the A4 priced it out of the realm of possibility as a paid module. If you want more fidelity there are plenty of modules available.

Subject : Possible to fly A-4E in Multiplayer on a server ?

====================================

Hi,

Installed your "Community.A-4E-C-v1.3.1.zip" A-4E-C mod yesterday with mostly no problems.

Found out about your mod to the Grim Reapers YouTube video :

Did read through both A-4E forums as to me needing to add the "aircraft" subfolder to Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C to my Saved Games directory and I was good to go.

Installed the A-4E-C to both my Open Beta and Stable versions and am running the latest builds for both and still using Windows 7 Pro.

I did play with it some using the Instant Action scenarios for the Caucasian and Persian Gulf environments.

Will the ability to fly the A-4E in Multiplayer be possible in the future?

I did quickly browse through all the listed servers in both the Open Beta and Stable versions of DCS in Multiplayer and nobody had the A-4E listed as a player availability option.

Would be nice to see the A-4E on the Buddyspike or Open Conflict servers.

-+-

And much thanks for a very nicely done mod even if only played off-line !

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Subject : Is setting up JSGME possible for the A-4E ?

=================================

Hi,

I use JSGME, but I have never used it with access to the Saved Games settings.

Is this even possible to do?

The real question is :

=============

When DCS updates their builds, does it corrupt the A-4E modded files in the Saved Games folder?

If not, JSGME is not really necessary.

Me using my JSGME mods setups, when DCS updates itself, I always 1st move my mods in the JSGME utility from right column to the left so modded files do not get corrupted.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The A-4E can be flown in multiplayer, the mission just needs to have the aircraft. However, this isn't all that popular as if the A-4E is on the server, everyone joining must have the aircraft installed.
In fact, it was fantastic seeing the A-4 flying on the new "hoggit at cold war" mp server last night. Forgot to take a screenshot doh!

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

JSGME is possible in the Saved Games Directories

Subject : Is setting up JSGME possible for the A-4E ?

=================================

Hi,

I use JSGME, but I have never used it with access to the Saved Games settings.

Is this even possible to do?

The real question is :

=============

When DCS updates their builds, does it corrupt the A-4E modded files in the Saved Games folder?

If not, JSGME is not really necessary.

Me using my JSGME mods setups, when DCS updates itself, I always 1st move my mods in the JSGME utility from right column to the left so modded files do not get corrupted.

Reply to my own question :

=================

Never have used my JSGME to access the Saved Games directories. I did figure out how to add JSGME to my Saved Games Open Beta with its own separate desktop shortcut to load the files without the need to add the A-4E-C files directly. I added _MODS folder to the top of my Saved Games Open Beta listing. (All my experimentation I do 1st with my DCS Open Beta directory.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In fact, it was fantastic seeing the A-4 flying on the new "hoggit at cold war" mp server last night. Forgot to take a screenshot doh!

+1

Thanks for the tip.

I checked out their alpha server and got on it and played some. Took a little bit of head-scratching to find the password for it.

Thanks!

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NAVAIR 01-40AV-1TB Tactical Pocket Guide for the Douglas A-4/TA-4 aircraft

Hi everyone,

I found this little gem as I was cruising the net. I may just be lucky, but using a 400kt level profile @ both 300' and 500' AGL with mk82 SE, the sight settings in this guide seem spot on. I am yet to try other profiles, but the guide provides many different ones, dive-bombing, level, retarded, unretarded, etc. as well as different bombs and rockets, etc.

http://aviationarchives.blogspot.com/2016/10/douglas-4ta-4-skyhawk-tactical-pocket.html

Hope some of you find it helpful

Cheers Snakemac

Great find mate, I've looking for something like this for ages to get me in the ball park lol...

Cheers!

The limitations keep it free. SDK access = licensing fees/agreements with ED and the owner of the IP modeled. Previous threads indicate that the fees from the manufacturer of the A4 priced it out of the realm of possibility as a paid module. If you want more fidelity there are plenty of modules available.

That seems improbable considering it's Boeing, you know, maker of the F/A-18 we have. McD was pulled into Boeing decades ago. Unless you're suggesting they charge more for a fifty year old plane than they do a modern one for ''licensing fees''.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

That seems improbable considering it's Boeing, you know, maker of the F/A-18 we have. McD was pulled into Boeing decades ago. Unless you're suggesting they charge more for a fifty year old plane than they do a modern one for ''licensing fees''.

There is much to be learned from the years of posts related to the original paid module exploration that lead to the development of the free module. Lots of info here to read on the matter. Boeing leaves no money on the table. I found it hard to believe too and I don’t really understand all the rights to intellectual IP as it relates to video game/simulation. Especially given the fact that my tax dollars paid for all of the work that led to the adoption and manufacture of the aircraft. However, reality is that the government /private relationship that creates these aircraft seems to create some interesting ownership/licensing issues when a third party wants to model an aircraft for profit. Much of the A-4E project history is in the Merker thread. When Merker left Hecklack brought it to this thread to make life easier to navigate new questions and announcements.

There is no doubt that many would buy a paid A-4, F-4, A-6 .....etc. It just doesn’t appear to be as many as the F-14, F-18 and F-16. It’s a historic niche within our already “small” group of military aviation enthusiasts. I have them all and will buy them all in the future to keep this endeavor going. Even if they just sit in my hangar. The A-4 is awesome as it is and I too wish it had all the bells and whistles.

Edited by Fusedspine33
Misspelled word, spell check = ugh

Walleye? You probably mean the Harpoon, do you? :huh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack