Community A-4E-C

Nice chatting on your stream @heclak, I tried a very quick repaint, edited the image I realized I hadn't turned of the rivet details layer for export

Looking good! Thanks for joining in the stream. Really appreciate the company.

I noticed that the A-4C can be designated and equipped to fly as a tanker but he isn't listed in the comm menu. He flies the pattern and has the tanks. Help or idea's how to wake him up?

Tanker functionality isn't in the base model. We're working on it but it's not in a state that we're happy releasing it.

Hope they fix the A4 so that we can land on the CV again.

The issue with carrier landings have nothing to do with the A-4E. It’s DCS that needs to be fixed. The suspension code in DCS is broken. We’re still waiting for someone from ED to get back to us on the matter.

If you experiencing the issue where you explode when landing on the carrier, we are very sure that you started in the air. Start the Mission from the ground or catapult and the suspension code will work.

Starting from "instant action > carrier launch" the issue persist. Always explode returning to carrier

I just tested that mission in the latest Open Beta and it works fine. Which version of DCS and the A-4E are you using? Make sure you're on the latest version of DCS and the A-4E. The latest version of the A-4E should say v1.3.1 on the main menu of DCS. If in doubt just delete the A-4E folder and reinstall a new copy of the A-4E from Github.

Unless you're really landing too hard and genuinely crashing.

I'm in steam. DCS Beta version 2.5.5.33184, A4e-c 1.3.1. I will try to reproduce exactly the issue under the same conditions, but in instant action, launch carrier, turn arround and try to landing. Allways explode.

When i make the mission (in mission editor) sometimes it does't explode.

Edited by SebastianR

"Always explode returning to carrier"

Are you touching down before the wires? Seems like I see lots of Scooter 'splosions if you aren't a 2 wire or better.

~Rob

doing new tests, if I land before the cables, it explodes. If it's just over the wires, there's no problem. always starting the mission from the carrier. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm testing the A4E on the game version 1.5.8 and besides that you can not see some weaponry under the wings, this bomb hangs in the air, you just can not see the pylons. Can you solve this problem in a quick and easy way? Or maybe somewhere to download a version of this fashion for DCS 1.5.8 ?

DCS 1.5.8 is too old to run the A-4E-C

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Because 1.5.8 does not run the Same EDM version/format

So when the models were upgraded to new EDM format for 2.5.5, 1.5.8 cannot read the format

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Help Installing please

Hi, could someone please help and explain how to install this great aircraft mod, please, I am struggling to find the correct file to drop into?

I don't seem to have the MOD folder in my USER save Games DCS files on C drive, the only one I can find is a MOD folder in my actual DCS world folder on D drive, that has a folder marked aircraft?? I have dropped it into here and it does show up in DCS as installed but, as I understand the mod should not be placed in the actual DCS world folder on the instructions?

Also, how do you access the aircraft in DCS itself, please?

Thankyou

Thank you kindly that has worked I created the folder.

May I kindly ask what the cockpit arguments / External model ARG list? Do I need to place these also in the folder? I am not sure what they are, please

Thank you kindly for the help

Thank you kindly that has worked I created the folder.

May I kindly ask what the cockpit arguments / External model ARG list? Do I need to place these also in the folder? I am not sure what they are, please

Thank you kindly for the help

Dont understand where you found the cockpit arguments / External model ARG list?

I have that nowhere.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

Hi,

They were included in the download folder from the Github site for this mod? I have no idea what they are for, was hoping someone could explain please or do I not need to include these anywhere.

Thanks

This reference information does not affect the performance of the mod.

Ru

Это справочная информация, на работоспособность мода не влияет.

Безымянный-2.png

Can we have a news update as to what's happening with the mod development currently?

...and did ED say anything about fixing the bug that caused explosion on the carrier?

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Hi! Are we able to air refuel yet? Or it won't be possible due to ED's developer kit? Also it would be really fun if we could use the refueling pod to refuel others

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf