Lockon Fog Effect

Has anyone got a better effect than this by changing the graphics.cfg etc???

I've done lots of tweaking to a couple of files to get the fade in like the vid. High FPS in the fog

Its not a mod - just changed and tested a few things --- but maybe others have it better than this and can share their settings

Here is the same settings with no fog and still no major pop up - bit more of a hit on FPS but still in the high teens low over a city

I'll post my settings if no better ones come fwd :)

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Could you share your treasure with us please?

Maybe we would try it and give you some deserved rep if we like it.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

What about making a sticky dedicated to fps inprovement, and we all post the twaks that work best with our system. So, you post the code to put in graphics.cfg and then your system specs, limited to CPU, mobo, video card and amount of memory.

I haven't done any tweaking or playing, but I'm about to try hosting on a Turion 3100+ single core lappy with 850 ram and a 32mb video card, hmmm, how it'll work.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

jason_peters, we have no better settings... so... :music_whistling: :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Here's a little tutorial to get fog working quite nicely that I posted a long time ago at lockonfiles.

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=68

This was tested for 1.02 but should work in 1.11

I was trying to get my rig to fly in fog without popups a while back. The problem was that trees and powerlines would still popup in the "soup."

Here's a trick I used for my rig. I'm sporting an ATI 9800SE, so your mileage may vary depending on your card. And it's important to note that I have advanced haze ON.

NOTE: Remember to backup all files before you move them!

In the mission you want fog in, set haze distance to max (80 kilometers). This is necessary because popup IS effected by haze distance. Next, set Fog Thickness to 1000m and Density to 1000m. Again, for some reason, the amount of fog effects pop up.

OK, for the trees popping up, that's an easy fix. Use LoMan (or equivalent) to change the advanced graphics setting (graphics.cfg file). Set trees density to 10000 and trees clipping to 1500.

As for the powerline cables popping up, we remove them entirely. Here's how.

Open LockOn > Bazar > Terrain > Scenes and move the ETL.FSC file to a backup folder.

Voila! Lots of fog and no pop ups.

As always, remember to "alt-tab" out of lockon after the first mission loads. Otherwise, some objects will continue to pop-up.

Hawg,

How about non-fog scenarios. Will this work for the pop up buildings also?

Maybe it's a secret... or is pay per watch... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Sorry - been out of town :D

OK - So my settings....

Change the lines in the graphics config for the setting you run (High / med / low) to the following

near_clip = 0.2;

middle_clip = 4;

far_clip = 80000;

structures = {72, 8000};

trees = {150000, 15000};

dynamic = {300, 20000};

objects = {4000, 80000};

mirage = {4000, 20000};

surface = {20000, 80000};

lights = {130, 80000};

lod = 1.5;

and at the bottom of the graphics.cfg

FogParam1 = 13.3;

FogParam2 = 1.1;

ObjectFogMultiplier = 0.8;

The next file to change is the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Bazar\structtable.sht

I'll attach mine - but u have to have birdies 1.3 addon for my one to work http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=25202

If not I'll say what I edited.....

Open the file with notepad - and edit replace the following values....

vis = 0.4;

vis = 0.6;

vis = 0.8;

vis = 1; (this may be 1.0 do both)

vis = 1.2;

vis = 1.4;

vis = 1.6;

vis = 1.7;

vis = 1.8;

with.......

vis = 2.0;

- Next create a mission with fog in it and load it up (ie click fly)

- As soon as the mission loads - pres escape and quit the mission

- When back on the briefing screen click fly again

- fly the mission as normal

Note that if u do not escape and reload the mission there is horrid object popup (in my installation any how)

structtable.rar

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

OK, I tested your settings and they work. But...

when there is no fog we are back to some extreme transparent buildings and the fact that first time you load the mission you have pop up is a down side (especialy in multiplayer).

The whole problem about the fog is that the land visibility is affected by it but the buildings and objects don't. obviosly is a thing for performance but the effect is realy annoying. I would love that the buildings and objects to be treated as the land is. Maybe at this moment there is no such big performance lost... maybe close to the one when you use a lot of transparency.

Maybe Teka Teka together with ED find a way to overcome this small issue.

Thanks for your effort jason_peters but, I will preffer to clean my airplane when foggy weather :D .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You should not get transparent buildings with these settings when there is no fog - I don't in mine (see other vid in 1st post)

Did u change all the settings including the structtable.sht?

---------

Yes I did change them all. The thing is the buildings are not constantly transparent. The distant ones are transparent a bit but, due to overlaping the effect is not completly observable. The close ones are sometimes transparent till they get very near and I had the impression that only some are transparent not all... from the close ones.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]