WINWING F/A-18C HOTAS 2019.5.29 RELEASE

WINWING

Stick gimbal video posted today.

This is really a great video, Thank you for sharing your design and testing process. Detailing the testing, failure points, and redesign demonstrates your high standards and level of commitment to manufacturing a quality product.

Miles

Yeah, it really went a long way towards their credibility. It was fascinating watching the lessons-learned video.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Please see my reply in the other Thread.

Very sorry every dear customer. Because of the terrible UPS API system, We have to delay again to 10th,July. We have big trouble with shipping cost calulate. We are planing use other express company.

we got all your questions/requirement about products/website/reviews.

1)The website must have SSL certification, this is done.

2)We have just move the website to a new server in US to make sure all you can visit it.

3)Because the website is used for professional simulator and have no online store before, we need more time to prepare it.

4)Terrible UPS, their sale manager told me this morning ,the discount of freight has run ,but just a mistake of display. what's a joke? we will use Fedex/DHL or some other express instead of them.

5)Again, we have a big dream of sim fighter world, Chinese, one of the world's factory must be the NO.1 in HOTAS marketing. Not only F18, and not only HOTAS. but let's move the first step and show you what we performance! So , please don't ask if we will sell A10/F16 Grip etc. We will do all for you if we have good deal here. If you want, we can full your bookshelf with all kind of Grips. I have full myself's already.

6)About detail of Throttle, all your worry is not need! Review from some pilots and new video from us will show it.

7)I don't care what user say right now ,because you have not see a review, I full understand. You can ask more pilots come and see, let's famous or downfall!

Websit:http://WWW.WINWING.CN

FULL METAL F/A-18 HOTAS MANUFACTURER

(Include F18 Joystick/Throttle/Grip/Panels)

FACEBOOK GROUP:https://www.facebook.com/groups/HOTAS/

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK :https://www.facebook.com/winwing.cn/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on a throttle video or external review?

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

4 weeks and no updates is a little disconcerting. I'm sure you guys are busy but with the pre-sale ending in 8 days it would be nice to have a response to questions.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Still waiting to see the throttle video.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

My train of thought: "Commit $1500 now and hope it is as good as it looks, or wait until someone actually gets one and it costs me an extra $200".

Guys, this whole thing almost reads like that failed KickStarter campaign a few years back to make a laser beam face shaver. (the guys collected over a million bucks and disappeared) Sending $800 or more to a shady outfit in China with no reassurances or insurance against fraud? ...... please reconsider. If it turns out to be a legit product and actually makes it to market in 2021, then you can buy it then and the price will be cheaper. This is one of those cases where you do not want to be the first adopter, .... drink a beer, ... use your Warthog system for now, .... and wait it out.

:fear:

Sending $800 or more to a shady outfit in China with no reassurances or insurance against fraud?

Paypal gives you 6 months to make a claim and get your cash back ... still not sure if it is worth the risk. I reallly want one, but I reallly want to know how good they are first.

Paypal gives you 6 months to make a claim and get your cash back ... still not sure if it is worth the risk. I reallly want one, but I reallly want to know how good they are first.

Yep, that's what made me feel ok with this purchase, if I get screwed over paypay will, in theory, have my back.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

You guys know there is an entire 17 page thread that ran *after* this one stopped?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=244640&page=17

Yep, have posted there as well. Point is that there has been nothing but radio silence for the last 2 weeks.

I mean this with no disrespect guys, but simply having a working prototype to make Youtube vids of, is a far cry from actually creating the retail chain needed to bring something to market. As an undergrad electrical engineering major, I spent two summers working at Boeing and watched as various projects went from pure CAD design to prototype to actual manufacture and there was an often quoted saying about the process, "Getting the last 5% right, takes 95% of the effort." Needless to say, these guys in China making these prototypes will need a manufacturer (likely more than one), a packager, a distribution system, sales agents in major nations, a returns policy and inspection center or its equivalent, etc... the list is long. It takes quite a while even for the best financed and most business savvy to get this up and running. And even if all that is sorted, the first batches of any product always have bugs, glitches and SNAFUs. Be realistic, .... drink a beer, ... keep using Thrustmaster (or Virpil or VKB), ... and wait it out.

On the business side, yes I'm sure they will have a steep learning curve. But if the "We tried and failed, so we started again" lessons learned video is any indication. This is not at all like a failed kickstarter. I mean they do have a commercial business of making cockpits.

It's easy to knock Chinese vendors since there are so many cheap knock-offs. But after the YT video of their failures, I voted with my $$$ and took a chance.

We'll see. I took a chance on Oculus through DK1 and DK2, and with Reverb. And it's all paid off so far. Here's to hoping it continues.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Yep, have posted there as well. Point is that there has been nothing but radio silence for the last 2 weeks.

The patience of consumers these days of Instagram/twitter/snapchat world is mind boggling. Not every company is run by a 17 year old.

But maybe I'm just showing my age of when it was the norm to hear nothing until something came out.

The good news is that you can vote with your hard earned money or wait until reviews come in. That's worth the $100 discount - call it a safety tax or tax for hedging. I'm sure the reviews will come out within a month or so.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

The patience of consumers these days of Instagram/twitter/snapchat world is mind boggling. Not every company is run by a 17 year old.

But maybe I'm just showing my age of when it was the norm to hear nothing until something came out.

The good news is that you can vote with your hard earned money or wait until reviews come in. That's worth the $100 discount - call it a safety tax or tax for hedging. I'm sure the reviews will come out within a month or so.

Agreed, I think they were pretty clear with their roadmap and when things were coming. We don't need a post every single day saying, "Things are progressing!".

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

We don't need a post every single day saying, "Things are progressing!".

Well said. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Well, how to summarise all this?

I agree that it is a bit of a risk preordering with a company with no track record of serving this community. However Winwing does already produce products for flight school markets / the non gaming SIM sector so the analogy to a kickstarter is not really fair / valid.

My PayPal contract states that I have 180 days to lodge a dispute so if Winwing continually misses deadlines then I will just log a dispute with Paypal. Indeed, I would not have risked $1k on a bank transfer without any recourse such as that provided by Paypal.

The guy that worked for Boeing... yes you are right of course. Anybody with business experience knows that this rule of thumb carries quite a lot of truth. Even more so with software development. But with hardware too.

I wonder why Winwing has been so quiet over the past couple of weeks? He used to log on here quite regularly in advance of the preorder, so now they have got a chunk of money / customer deposits it is disappointing if the attitude to customer communication has negatively changed. Usually no news, is not good news in these situations... usually means something is messed up, gone wrong, is late, or whatever and the vendor usually waits until the last possible moment to tell the customer "whoops, we are going to be months late".

Edit: I sent Winwing an email, asking them to - albeit briefly - update the community on their various deadlines and various questions. Hopefully we hear back from them.

Winwing, if you read this please update the community:

1) Your website says 15-31 August for the Shanghai launch event. This time window is only 2 weeks away now: are these dates still valid and can you be more specific... what day exactly?

2) Which testers will be getting samples? Do they have them already? When are the reviews coming out?

3) Do you have a product demo Youtube video of the throttle, similar to the one you did for the grip?

4) Are the first batch of deliveries still scheduled for "before 31 August"?

Hopefully you see this message and have opportunity to respond. It is better to communicate with customers, even if there is a delay so that you can manage expectations and avoid customers being disappointed.

Edited by Milou

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Things are progressing!".

Nope, but a throttle video surely wouldn't be too hard to organise, right?

Dear winwing,

Any word about the Shanghai launch event? I just moved from Brazil to here and would like to joining it!

Enviado de meu SM-G955F usando o Tapatalk

Any update on a throttle video or external review?

??? any news?

Yeah... it has gone very quiet. Any news Winwing?

I was tempted to pre-order this but with the month of no updates, I'm back on the skeptical train.

I did preorder and am now wondering if I screwed up?

Still waiting to see the throttle video.

It all seems rather Pimaxish?

Dear all,

Sorry for long time off line. just back for some trainer deliver:

DIAMOND-SOLO-TRAINER-FLIGHT-SIMULATOR-M.jpg

1.We will release Products info next week(not decide in video or pictures, decide by time)

2.Pre-order for us is evaluate for this new marketing(B2C), until now the pre-order over world gave us more confidence, so I put all my time back to produce and new develop...and not put the point in sale. Off course, when I have something in stock and can deliver next day, I will pay more time to talking with you all!!!!!!

3.We are professional company with best development process/New Products Introduction like your iphone/iMac. Every decision about product/functions have a full evaluate process. Not like a workshop or hardware fans, what we made is a real industry class.

It worth for the waiting.

Best

Edited by WINWING

Websit:http://WWW.WINWING.CN

FULL METAL F/A-18 HOTAS MANUFACTURER

(Include F18 Joystick/Throttle/Grip/Panels)

FACEBOOK GROUP:https://www.facebook.com/groups/HOTAS/

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK :https://www.facebook.com/winwing.cn/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]