Rudder Axis not moving

mono6020

Hello,

on the F14 (and only on the F14) i can't seem to bind my rudder pedals.

the rudder pedals (saitek) just don't get recognized.

even with default control settings i can't see the axis moving on the axis assignment page.

i tried everything i can think of (reinstall f14, delete save games folder, change usb port etc.) without success.

on every other plane the rudder axis work without problems.

please help, i can't use the F14 at all without rudder pedals!

Thx

Had the same issue yesterday.

There should also be a dropdown field in the dialog window where you can alternatively select the axis. That worked for me and my MFG crosswind.

Or maybe move the rudder pedal to the end stop to get it recognized.

From previous bug reports it seems that's a DCS BUG.

One solution is to clean the bindings for the F-14B Pilot (preferably backup your profiles, delete the file, run DCS). I don't know if loading the profile from a copy will introduce the problem again.

Problem can come back after restart, though.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Yes I've had this for a while now and have to make sure I delete my input settings (Tomcat only) and then load my saved profiles (in game) when I start up.

It's driving me crazy having to remember to do this every time I want to fly it!

doesnt work for me. no matter what i do the rudder axis will not move. even after deleting saved games folder and reinstall F14, problem still there.

i just recently wanted to learn the F14 but without rudder axis i'm grounded.

i can't believe i wasted 68 bucks for that.

not a single issue with all the other planes (F18 etc.)

doesnt work for me. no matter what i do the rudder axis will not move. even after deleting saved games folder and reinstall F14, problem still there.

i just recently wanted to learn the F14 but without rudder axis i'm grounded.

i can't believe i wasted 68 bucks for that.

not a single issue with all the other planes (F18 etc.)

Sorry to hear that.

Did you have to assign the rudder in the other modules or was it working out of the box? Does assinging any other device's axis to the rudder work?

What DCS version are you running? If Open Beta - try Release (Stable) instead.

Does reconnecting the device change anything for you?

Lastly - try the ED support:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Sorry to hear that.

Did you have to assign the rudder in the other modules or was it working out of the box? Does assinging any other device's axis to the rudder work?

What DCS version are you running? If Open Beta - try Release (Stable) instead.

Does reconnecting the device change anything for you?

Lastly - try the ED support:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

yes, i assigned rudder axis to alle other modules when i first bought them.

never checked again after that.

but if i got to controls page of f.e. the F18 and go to axis i can see the rudder axis white bar move when i move the rudder pedals.

This does not happen on the controls page of the F14, which by default even seems to have the right axis already assigned for my saitek rudder pedals. the white bar just doesn't move.

if i clear the assignment and klick on axis assign nothing happens. there should at least be a dialog where it is waiting for an axis to move. it just doesnt do anything.

so no, i cannot assign any other axis at all to the F14.

i tried to clear all assignments, restart DCS and try from scratch but that didn't help either.

i'm out of ideas.

Alternative way of choosing the axis:

There should also be a dropdown field in the dialog window where you can alternatively select the axis from instead of moving it. And make sure you are in the right "Saitek" Column.

Alternative way of choosing the axis:

There should also be a dropdown field in the dialog window where you can alternatively select the axis from instead of moving it. And make sure you are in the right "Saitek" Column.

yea figured that out already. thx a lot!