unwanted joystick inputs to computer...

Is it normal for the joystick controller to still have computer input authority when not being used in game?

Clicking on it's buttons and moving its mini stick will open programs, type in fields, mouse movement etc...

Thank you.

Saitek, like other hardware manufacturers, use drivers that provide mouse and keyboard devices that can be controlled using software.

So if you press a button that's mapped to a keyboard key, it will function just as pressing a key on your physical keyboard would.

If the mini stick is set up to control the mouse, that too will work just like your physical mouse would.

For keyboard and mouse there is no concept of input "authority"; If it's a device connected to your computer, it can provide input (even if it's a virtual device, which you installed with the Saitek software).

So, yes, this is perfectly normal.

Saitek, like other hardware manufacturers, use drivers that provide mouse and keyboard devices that can be controlled using software.

So if you press a button that's mapped to a keyboard key, it will function just as pressing a key on your physical keyboard would.

If the mini stick is set up to control the mouse, that too will work just like your physical mouse would.

For keyboard and mouse there is no concept of input "authority"; If it's a device connected to your computer, it can provide input (even if it's a virtual device, which you installed with the Saitek software).

So, yes, this is perfectly normal.

The keyboard inputs being picked up as actual key strokes I understand but my X52 Pro throttle mouse moves my PC mouse and it's set up as bands.