Carrier comms - Mini Updates

oldcrusty

The problem is you start excluding people from servers that cant afford the module??????? THAT is not fair.

It is fair, I spent well over a thousand US dollars on DCS software and the necessary hardware set up. If you can’t afford it please find a new game, No hard feelings. But anyone who plays DCS seriously is going to buy the module and completely understand why they’ve got to pay for it. When MAC comes out, it will allow causal players an alternative.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But anyone who plays DCS seriously is going to buy the module and understand why they’ve got to pay for it.

No hard feelings, but LOLNO. :lol:

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

A little correction...

The only major (actually minor) cosmetic difference from a 3D model standpoint for a simulator would maybe be the George HW Bush, but who really cares, it's still a Nimitz body. Slap the 77 on her and call it good.:)

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

So how can they improve the game without money?

Now you're just not making any sense at all. Did you quote the wrong post?

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Yes, because that's where the coherent communities exist. It's also where the fancy show-offs who get people to get into the game exist.

I'm not arguing that SP isn't a large portion of the player-base — I'm saying that ED is actively dissuading the ambassadors for the game from suggesting that people should buy the module. I'm saying that they are actively losing sales because of this all-or-nothing setup. This will also affect the single-player people since they will be hearing a lot of “nah, don't buy it” talk flying around.

What is better: x number of SP sales plus y number of MP sales, or 0.9x + 0.5y sales?

The actual percentages don't matter so much as the unavoidable fact that both sets of numbers will by necessity be lower than they could be if it was handled competently.

So will this, and quite likely to a much higher degree.

You did not come up with any idea who will pay money for the Carrier Ops module if it is integrated for free?

The issue is, that you can't easily put "just the ATC" in for free. This thing is developed as a complete playable environment. Not just a set of voice overs... so if we get the carrier ops integrated for free, how do you suggest the investment will get paid? Found a "safe the DCS devs"-Kickstarter? I can live with increased module prices, but that isn't easy, as it affects a worldwide pricing structure, that needs to account for a lot of considerations when it comes to market shares.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You did not come up with any idea who will pay money for the Carrier Ops module if it is integrated for free?

Why would I when it's not even something I suggest?

What is this, strawman rebate day? :wassat:

No you said my argument is invalid I’m challenging you to present yours.

My argument is that no, even people who play DCS seriously will choose not to buy the module. Your argument is invalid because of the hugely flawed and already disproven generalisation it rests on.

That is a "oversimplification" of the develop cost. The reality has very different.

No, it's an illustration of sales.

Edited by Tippis

It sounds very interactive, it's perfect for those of us who like aircraft carrier operations and would definitely pay to get that product.

I believe that having a carrier module will not necessarily divide the community. Today there are many online servers and we all have the possibility to create one perfectly. Those who have decided to pay for a new and improved experience can use this carrier on servers where this active and If you want to fly together with friends who do not have it, well you can join servers that do not have it. I would also like to fly RIO in the F-14 of my friends, but I understand that for that I should have paid for this new experience.

In addition, we have all received this free game and we have bought the Hornet or the Tomcat at times when these new experiences of aircraft carriers had not even been expressed, as we can now begin to demand that they should be included for free. We are all DCS, let's help the developers continue this game as good as it is. contribute!

Greetings.

It is fair, I spent well over a thousand US dollars on DCS software and the necessary hardware set up. If you can’t afford it please find a new game, No hard feelings. But anyone who plays DCS seriously is going to buy the module and completely understand why they’ve got to pay for it. When MAC comes out, it will allow causal players an alternative.

So have i paid 1000's every module but 2 And to find a new game because you cant afford it is just lame........................ Please no offence that is just not fair to others, To be honest animation deck crew will just dysnc anyway and do all kinds of strange stuff.

Edited by Coxy_99

Why would I when it's not even something I suggest?

What is this, strawman rebate day? :wassat:

My argument is that no, even people who play DCS seriously will choose not to buy the module. Your argument is invalid because of the hugely flawed and already disproven generalisation it rests on.

All develop require pay licences, work time and salary. Do you like say to a engineer not receive any reward to your work?

All develop require pay licences, work time and soulds. Do you like say to a engineer not receive any reward to your work?

Would you like to ask me about something I've actually said instead? Or are you joining the strawman crew because of a lack of actual arguments?

Aaaaand this is the sort of elitism that has made me come to resent this community.

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would you like to ask me about something I've actually said instead? Or are you joining the strawman crew because of a lack of actual arguments?

No, I was software developer in the IT sector. Has funny when someone talking about working during weeks to implement and rework functionalities and need to get free.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

We can expect new carrier in this year?

i7 6700k / Gtx 1070 / 32GB DDR4 / SSD / Warthog / 2 MFD / Saitek Rudders / RiftCV1 / Rift S...

A10C / F5 / F14 / F16 / F18 / M2000 / HARRIER / FC3 / HUEY / GAZELLE / MI-8 / MI-24 / KA-50 / KIOWA / CB ARMS / SUPER CARRIER / PERSIAN GULF / NEVADA

No

Well, that's an honest answer at least, even if it's a bit odd to try to drag people into a conversation they're not part of. :dunno:

Someone already suggested the possibility of allowing the use of the future carrier to be free in MP.

If the multiplayer community is as small as ED and others users are saying, why not let the most vocal part of the community promote the game and attract more isolated players to DCS World ? Most of the people playing online will probably not buy this module anyway, the people playing single player will buy it as they are not concerned with online activities.

As an exclusive Mirage user, I have absolutely no incentive to buy the next ED carrier, but nonetheless I will be excluded from my favorite online servers. Thanks guys !

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

That is all available for free with a simple community script ( https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3674407#post3674407 ), as well as a new class in Moose with community created voice overs, including grading, etc. so if ED decides to provide a premium version of carrier ops and invest a lot of money in a detailed, playable carrier environment, it is their decision, how to monetize it. You always have the option to vote with your wallet.

But don't try to argue why "we" (for whom do you speak?) are entitled to a free upgrade of carrier ATC and AI LSO etc.

Especially if you have multiple free(!) alternatives by the community already...

Nobody is arguing for a free upgrade.

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

All develop require pay licences, work time and salary. Do you like say to a engineer not receive any reward to your work?

Yes, from the people that use it. Not from the people that aren't using it. That's a ripoff. There is no pretty way to describe it, but that's what it is. ED may get away with it, but that's a blemish on their otherwise respectful treatment of their playerbase.

Someone already suggested the possibility of allowing the use of the future carrier to be free in MP.

If the multiplayer community is as small as ED and others users are saying, why not let the most vocal part of the community promote the game and attract more isolated players to DCS World ? Most of the people playing online will probably not buy this module anyway, the people playing single player will buy it as they are not concerned with online activities.

As an exclusive Mirage user, I have absolutely no incentive to buy the next ED carrier, but nonetheless I will be excluded from my favorite online servers. Thanks guys !

This here, this is exactly the example I had in mind when I started posting about this. THIS HERE is unfair. It's a dude being excluded or ripped off. This is bad business practice and it's bath business ethics.

Nobody speaks about not compensating ED for the work they're doing, but compensate on fair terms that don't split the community.

So have i paid 1000's every module but 2 And to find a new game because you cant afford it is just lame........................ Please no offence that is just not fair to others, To be honest animation deck crew will just dysnc anyway and do all kinds of strange stuff.

Aaaaand this is the sort of elitism that has made me come to resent this community.

It’s not elitist, it’s a fact DCS expensive. Rightfully so

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer: