Jet Seats and other Force Feedback options

Hello all -

I am curious... what is the best jet seat type pad/brand for DCS? Also is there any way to incorporate Force Feedback with the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS for DCS?

That second one is a long shot, but I've been surprised before!

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

For seats, there are only two options as far as I know:

- Andre´s JetSeat

- Realteus ForceFeel

Regarding the force feedback for the joy, you mean just a rumble reading DCS telemetry for certain events (such as rolling, over Gs, going transonic...) or something that adds up resistance to the joy movement both pitch and roll axis?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

- Andre´s JetSeat

- Realteus ForceFeel

Is there one that stand out though? Or are they pretty much the same...

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

I have both a Jetseat and a Frankenstein FFB stick using a CH Fighterstick grip modified to have most of the features of the Warthog.

The Jetseat I have adds a lot of "feel" to flying. It's outstanding when used with a VR headset. It's practically essential for flying helicopters and the Mig-21, where you can feel the early signs of an oncoming stall more easily than without.

Some things a FFB stick gives you, like stall onset buffet, are also done by the Jetseat. The unique things that a FFB stick gives you are specific to each aircraft. The F-5's trim actually moves the stick around. Same for the Russian jets, WW2 planes, and F-14. It's very useful when using force trim in helicopters, as you simply hold the stick where ever you want it, press "trim" and that point becomes the new center position the "springs" return the stick to. There are generally a lot of cool details as well, like being able to feel the 'recommended roll rate' stops in the x axis on the F-5. You feel a stop in the x axis and push through it to get maximum roll rate. On the F-14 on the deck with engines at idle the stick is sort of limp as the hydraulics aren't at full pressure. When you increase thrust, the stick stiffens. And no, I can't find a better explanation than that. :megalol:

If you're willing to invest some time in DIY, several users have made their own force feedback Frankenstein joysticks, myself included. I used an MS Force Feedback 2 and put a CH Fighterstick grip on it. I then modded the grip to have a two-stage trigger and CMS press function and spliced in a Leo Bodner board to handle the output from the pots to eliminate some center deadzone and increase the resolution. Next project is to extend the stick by about 175mm and increase the power to the motors to match the increased leverage.

IIRC, there are a few posts here detailing how to do this stuff. If you want more details, I'd be happy to share.

Edited by Aries144

- Andre´s JetSeat

- Realteus ForceFeel

Has anyone used a ForceFeel? All andre’s stuff is sold out and nothing expected until October, so I’d like to know if the ForceFeel is good.

Is there one that stand out though? Or are they pretty much the same...

Andre´s seats have been on the market longer than Realteus, it´s tricky to compare reliability.

- Andre´s JetSeat

- Realteus ForceFeel

Has anyone used a ForceFeel? All andre’s stuff is sold out and nothing expected until October, so I’d like to know if the ForceFeel is good.

Yes Im a happy ForceFeel user since February more or less, I can´t recall the exact date.

ForceFeel is still pretty new; it's a little early to tell if it's an improvement on the JetSeat.

With JetSeats sold out till October, and ForceFeel new May batch, I hope many more users write reviews.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle