5/8 patch - jester

Banzaiib

Did the jester improvements (ground stabilized, RWS, etc) that did not make into the last patch make it into the patch today (5/8/2019)?

Are there any other notes for the F-14B? (I didn't see any in the ED patch notes).

Did the jester improvements (ground stabilized, RWS, etc) that did not make into the last patch make it into the patch today (5/8/2019)?

Are there any other notes for the F-14B? (I didn't see any in the ED patch notes).

I don't think there was any changes for the F-14 today. Maybe a member of the HB will come by and post the changelog if there is one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks like they didn't update anything on the F14. Yay.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS is nothing but disappointments at the moment. It’s concerning to note that support and communication for the F-14 has melted away so quickly after release.

Combined with the glacial, snails pace addition of features to the Hornet it’s an exercise in frustration for users.

"Patience is a virtue", They will get around to it. ED is probably busy trying to get the next modules ready for release and HB may have run into a snag...

No snag im aware of as an f14 tester - I dint think there was an update due today, we're all busy flying and reporting back on test builds

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think there was any changes for the F-14 today. Maybe a member of the HB will come by and post the changelog if there is one.

Quote from Reddit

A5B08113-F3C4-4EE3-92E1-C1029B65FEB2.thumb.jpeg.d0a3960c6ab56fdc1ba7df4d7c84cfe4.jpeg

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

It would be nice if HB would post on these forums as well...

Systemic changes? With DCS or the Tomcat? I don't see any big changes to DCS listed in the update log.

Agreed, since these are official forums would be nice to have communication here.

We have a tomcat that can't dogfight even an AI su25 because the flight model is so screwed up, a Jester who sat next to chris farley and ate paint chips as a child, an Iceman in the early stages of rigor mortis, and a dev team that misses standard update schedules on a plane not even 2 months released.

This is a lesson learned...I will NEVER again buy anything DCS what hasn't been out for at least a year.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We have a tomcat that can't dogfight even an AI su25 because the flight model is so screwed up, a Jester who sat next to chris farley and ate paint chips as a child, an Iceman in the early stages of rigor mortis, and a dev team that misses standard update schedules on a plane not even 2 months released.

This is a lesson learned...I will NEVER again buy anything DCS what hasn't been out for at least a year.

No idea what you are talking about but the Tomcat we have is more than capable and more complete on release than any other EA jet we got in DCS. The Hornet still doesn't have a TGP and is highly WIP more than a year since release. Bugs are always expected. But yeah I would like to see some more communication from Heatblur and maybe a full development update on where things stand with the Viggen and Tomcat right now. I'd really love to see them finish up the Viggen with all the promised stuff (which is mostly visual and sounds at this point) before they solely focus on the cat.

You got the standart update schedule part wrong. Wednesday is the day updates generally come out, it was never stated that every wednesday there will be a update. Also, i know that the FM is being tweaked, and its not my intention to be disrespectful, but maybe you are doing something wrong, i have spent the whole night yesterday sparring against both AI and player controled F-18 and the F-14 is very competitive.

You got the standart update schedule part wrong. Wednesday is the day updates generally come out, it was never stated that every wednesday there will be a update. Also, i know that the FM is being tweaked, and its not my intention to be disrespectful, but maybe you are doing something wrong, i have spent the whole night yesterday sparring against both AI and player controled F-18 and the F-14 is very competitive.

giphy.gif

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

You got the standart update schedule part wrong. Wednesday is the day updates generally come out, it was never stated that every wednesday there will be a update.

I didn't mean a schedule like clockwork...just that HB's updates only happen on ED's schedule. In the two weeks since the last update all Heatblur produced in time for ED's release of this update were a few tweaks to the Viggen, with a typo being one of the 5 bullet points.

That's all I was saying. They're not overly communicative around here so we can only speculate how much effort they're putting into this; Missing an update cycle completely with a plane this new is what I'm concerned about.

Also, i know that the FM is being tweaked, and its not my intention to be disrespectful, but maybe you are doing something wrong, i have spent the whole night yesterday sparring against both AI and player controled F-18 and the F-14 is very competitive.

I could very well be doing something wrong lol. But when they updated the FM about a month ago things got VERY difficult as far as energy conservation and acceleration go...especially if I'm over a few thousand feet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No idea what you are talking about but the Tomcat we have is more than capable and more complete on release than any other EA jet we got in DCS. The Hornet still doesn't have a TGP and is highly WIP more than a year since release. Bugs are always expected. But yeah I would like to see some more communication from Heatblur and maybe a full development update on where things stand with the Viggen and Tomcat right now. I'd really love to see them finish up the Viggen with all the promised stuff (which is mostly visual and sounds at this point) before they solely focus on the cat.

Shame about the CTD's tho. Update on those would be nice

I could very well be doing something wrong lol. But when they updated the FM about a month ago things got VERY difficult as far as energy conservation and acceleration go...especially if I'm over a few thousand feet.

This could be the larger systemic change Cobra was talking about. Might be that the next FM update was thought to be a simple fix but revealed a deeper problem that's going to take more time to get right. Just guessing though...

I'm sorry but what are you even taking about? The flight model is screwed up based on what? I've been able to beat pretty much every type of AI opponent, maybe it is just your tactics that need work? Haven't noticed any changes since release either.

Jester is the first AI crewmember in DCS. It's a pretty big achievement considering the level of detail and realism he brings. He isn't perfect or as good as a human RIO and never will be, but he is also early access.

And please point me to where HB has guaranteed they will release an update every 2 weeks on schedule? Maybe they have something longer-term they're working on that can't be shown off in a 2 week span? Development is difficult and it strikes me as rather entitled to expect so much from a brand new early access product.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Haven't noticed any changes since release either.

You're serious? :wassat:

And please point me to where HB has guaranteed they will release an update every 2 weeks on schedule?

Nobody said that in this thread...in fact I even clarified who's schedule I was talking about. I happened to mention that it's been 2 weeks since the last update and you've deduced that I assume that HB is on a two week schedule?

Maybe they have something longer-term they're working on that can't be shown off in a 2 week span?

I truly hope so.

Development is difficult and it strikes me as rather entitled to expect so much from a brand new early access product.

I was expecting this one. The bug report forum is lit up like a christmas tree and we got zero updates this time around. Yeah...I'm a little irritated over HB's inability to roll out even the smallest update on this $80 pre-release while typos and kneemaps get updates on the Viggen.

I can see how this is going to go here so i'm gonna check out. Not my first rodeo with the highly devoted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The F-14 is underperforming by quite a bit atm, but as mentioned they're working on it. Just gotta be patient.

And trust me, I understand that it sucks, I myself haven't really flown the F-14 since the FM mistake and can't really get myself to do so until it's fixed either. So I'm as anxious to see the fix as you.

I fully agree! But several here do not understand, it was the same with the M2000, when it was released many guys said: "the FM is perfect, tested by IRL pilots", etc. Later Razbam totally changed the FM and the same ones that said it was perfect that time went on to say: "Now the FM is perfect".It´s the same with F-14. So congratulations Mr Buschwick on the courage to post what many would like to post.:thumbup:

Edited by Tbolt