Bagdad raid - style AAA fire

ChuckJäger

Would it be possible to recreate AAA fire randomly firing in the air like what was seen on the first night of Air Raids in the Gulf War? I have tried but not finding much luck... any help would be appreciated...

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Would it be possible to recreate AAA fire randomly firing in the air like what was seen on the first night of Air Raids in the Gulf War? I have tried but not finding much luck... any help would be appreciated...
The closest approximation I could create, was with lots of distributed AAA and a couple "invulnerable" Predator drones, circling at 6500 - 7000 ft AGL. Give the AAA munition trucks and make two groups to switch between. Test time until AAA would reload and adjust with triggers to start second group (AI On/Off) and so on, for more or less continuous fire. For a short mission, it may be enough to time the Predators activate/or entering the area, shortly before your arrival. Looks quite spectacular through NVGs.
Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thank you Shagrat! I will get to work trying this method out!

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Keep in mind you will still be shot at, when flying low, and during night you need to use Shilkas or add Sborka radars, as the Zsu-23-2 can't see you at night.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

If you have trouble getting the Immortal command in ME to work, the following script will do the trick (required field marked in red):

local Immortal_Command = { id = 'SetImmortal', params = { value = true } }

Unit.getByName("Unit name of the vehicle in ME"):getController():setCommand(Immortal_Command)

Edited by Hardcard