Persian Gulf (NORTH)

SspectrumM

I get that people like historical conflict, but I don't understand why hypothetical wars are so undervalued.

The Persian Gulf map probably should have included Iraq, when it was named for the straight, that made more sense. In any case though, I find the Hormuz region to be a fantastic map for DCS. It's fairly large, good for land and sea combat, and it's a plausible area for war to breakout, even if it hasn't happened yet (and hopefully never will). The map even provides some nice scenery for civil or free flight.

I'd absolutely welcome a Gulf War map, but I find that Hormuz is just as valuable. Now if they combined Hormuz with Iraq/Saudi/Qatar into one map, that would be revolutionary.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Nothing wrong with the Strait of Hormuz or with hypothetical conflict (in fact, I love them), just saying that it'd be great to have Iraq/Kuwait, too!

And yeah, it'd be great to have a big area with the three maps: Hormuz, Iraq, Syria.... Just imagine that!

Oh, wait: Afghanistan is nearby, too! :)

• 1 month later...

I Just wanted to add my support to this request as well. I was so disappointed with this map. I was expecting to fly missions over Iraq, not Iran. I hope they change the name of this map to Southern Persian Gulf and create a Northern one. What would be even better is if they could extend this one north to widen the battlefield. That would be amazing. Hopefully someone from ED is listening

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

yeah we really need this map , please ED

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

• 3 weeks later...

I wish instead of beautiful building in UEA and south of persian gulf, we would have modeled environments, mountain, river ... in the west and south west of iran as well as Iraq, Kuwait ...
I do really hope ED can work on it as PersianGulf 2nd version or extended version.
we had conflict in this region for over 100 years (Iran, Iraq, Israel, Syria, Turkey, Lebanon...) ! instead we got UEA which never involved in any conflict since declared as country in last 50/60 years!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love to see Qatar, Saudi Arabia, North part of Iranian Coast (North of Lavan), and the Iraqi Coast.

I would love to see the Persian gulf map stay the same size but “Fill out” to the rest of the current map, I don’t want the map to get larger but the areas seen in ME/F10 that aren’t modeled I would like to see modeled.

Edited by aviation360

+1

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

Its been well documented that ED considers Persian Gulf feature complete, so I believe its pretty unlikely well see any further work until the 'whole world' engine thats been rumored comes into existence and we can fill in the space between Syria and PG at the same time. 

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png