Persian Gulf (NORTH)

SspectrumM

Agreed - 100%.

When I first read some post way back when about DCS announcing a Persian gulf map this was naturally the map I expected. Zillions of real world historical scenarios and missions that can be created from 1980 up to today involving most of our aircraft modules.

- Number of actual combat sorties (AA or AG) where rounds, missiles or bombs where fired at the enemy that has taken place on the current straight of Hormuz map? A couple?

- Number on this map? Tens of thousands... Or maybe hundreds of thousands starting with the Iran Iraq war in 1980 and including both aircraft and helicopters.

Sure - the straight of Hormuz would have been a really nice expansion for this map with interesting fictional scenarios vs Iran and a few minor IRL "skirmishes" ;)

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

Also agreed - 100%

Sadly, PG development has been finalised (as stated in several places, e.g. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3880187&postcount=191 ) so there will be no significant changes now. Ironically, it seems that out of all the Persian Gulf, the only bit that is modelled is the area which has seen the least combat. I do hope they make a map of the area mentioned by the OP, although I'm not sure what they'd call it.

Yes please.

• Like 1

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

When they announced PG map is final actually I was a bit sad because there are areas that need to be populated. So I agree with you're all above. Unfortunately highly likely its just wishfull thinking.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

• 4 months later...

This is something that I do not understand about DCS. Afganistan, Israel, Vietnam, Korea... there are so many wars theaters to recreate, and they put development time time to create Nevada training ground, or Dubai. I am not sure but I for one would like to take the F16 from Israel and blow up that Iranian nuclear reactor every day of the week over blowing up Burj Khalifa.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

Nevada was supposed to be part of the A-10 module. actually those who bought the A-10 in early access did get a huge discount on Nevada.

PG, now THAT is a mystery They did manage to do the only part of the Middle East where absolutely NO combat EVER took place LOL....

I believe The Emirates had something to do with it, that or a military contract of some sort that gave us PG as a side perk.

Nevada was supposed to be part of the A-10 module. actually those who bought the A-10 in early access did get a huge discount on Nevada.

PG, now THAT is a mystery They did manage to do the only part of the Middle East where absolutely NO combat EVER took place LOL....

I believe The Emirates had something to do with it, that or a military contract of some sort that gave us PG as a side perk.

I wouldn't say that's entirely accurate.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_Strait_of_Hormuz_dispute

And even if it was, there's no denying it's one of the top three powder keg areas in the entire world.

Sometimes maps/theatres are about the future as much as the past.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

A few misfired missiles do not count as combat ;).

It might possibly be a powder keg, but that is precisely the reason nobody is willing to pull the trigger...

Unless Iran makes a stupid mistake, there is not going to be a war.

And the region was not affected by the "Arab Spring" ;) funny he?

BUT I do agree that it opens up very interesting what if´s scenarios.

And its a welcome change to the Caucasus after 10 years of being the only playground.

Would be cool

Persian Gulf (NORTH)

Count me in. Some people would say "another desert map" but who cares, bring it on!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Not quite

ED should unleash the scenary tools to the community

No, they should not and I hope they will not.

If there is anybody in the community who thinks they are capable to create "unofficial terrain mod" they can as well apply to become a 3rd party and create official, somewhat supported terrain module.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

No, they should not and I hope they will not.

If there is anybody in the community who thinks they are capable to create "unofficial terrain mod" they can as well apply to become a 3rd party and create official, somewhat supported terrain module.

And how are we supposed to learn with out tools? besides the requirements are very high. hence not only you have no modders, but almost no 3rd parties making maps.

I believe that releasing the SDK for maps is necessary. If most maps ar below par, well, just don´t download them.

There are hundreds of mods out there because they have the tools. most are not worth downloading, but we have two excepcional mods, the A-4 and the Mb 339.

So maybe if we get the SDKs out of 10 maps maybe we get one good.

One would hope that the SCUD in works is related to a free map that ED said they will discuss this year. It has been presented with an IRAQI flag painted on , so ...

Nah... that must have been just a wild artistic choice, and not an indication of a map...

But on the other hand, why was it not shown as Syrian? Or one from Iran...

I must agree its a no brainier to do at least Kuwait and northern Iraq.

It is pure DCS stuff.

And we don´t need it as part of the same map (all tho it would be awesome I understand its technically not viable), it could be a separate loading map where they use the same frame and only load the Kuwait Iraq detailed area...

But anyhow.. it looks like is going to be in our Wish list for a while...

This is where ED confuses me with their decision making. We have 2007 era or earlier aircraft, but maps that make no sense. Yes, the Strait is a powder keg, that is without question especially lately. But what were our jets doing in the era they're modelled around? Flying over Southern Iraq and Afghanistan.

Afghanistan has been "announced" as has Syria, but we likely won't see these for a couple more years. Hopefully, this upcoming free map is something to get excited about, because, for me, PG and the Caucuses are boring, and no one seems has Nevada or Normandy, or at least wants to fly them.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

• 3 weeks later...