VR and labels

Hello All,

I’ve been playing DCS for years but it’s always been with an oculus rift VR set.

I’ve always had a very difficult time spotting other planes and missiles are nearly impossible. I’ve been tempted to turn on the labels but I don’t know if this is cheating or not. I really wanna play the game the way it’s designed, I just don’t know if it can be done with a current VR set.

I’d like to ask those that have played with a VR set and a regular monitor, is there a significant difference ? Would this be enough to turn on the labels or maybe just the red dots ???

go for labels, do it for your eyes. and time.. interested if hp reverb or rift s with new vr optimalisation will improve it to be ok without labels.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

I'm more the mud-mover , but i can certainly empathise with vr a-a spotting . Surely at least dots are ok with headsets with less res than say a Reverb ?

There certainly is quite a difference in spotting ability between 1080p and a Rift .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I only fly single player, so I use the labels - I use the minimal ones which are pretty small.

I have them assigned to a toggle switch so I will toggle them off and on at times.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

A buddy of mine with a 4k monitor has the same issue as we do in VR. So pick your poison, 1080p isn't too bad on a monitor.

If only we had a scaling option that... ... oh wait, we had that and they removed it.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Yeah, I had a hard time with the Oculus too. Once I got the Odyssey+ I was able to spot and see things at a distance without issue. It's really just a headset resolution limitation, so your best bet is to do DOT only labels.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog