DCS World Open Beta Dedicated Server

I have a Question or 2

Can I Run the Below Nuc for my DCS Server with no problem for say like 15-20 players

https://www.newegg.com/intel-bxnuc10i7fnh1/p/N82E16856102227?Description=Intel%20Nuc%2010&cm_re=Intel_Nuc_10-_-56-102-227-_-Product&quicklink=true

Do I need to purchase all the terrains to run them on the server?

I think the nuc is good. But I don't see ram size.

For dedicated server all terrains are free.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

I think the nuc is good. But I don't see ram size.

For dedicated server all terrains are free.

Since Ram and SSD are up to the user since its a barebones system

I was looking at getting 32GB of DDR4 Laptop Ram since that's what the Nuc Uses and still looking at M.2 Size might go with a 500GB M.2 for My OS and have a 1TB SSD for DCS World Server

• 2 weeks later...
Since Ram and SSD are up to the user since its a barebones system

I was looking at getting 32GB of DDR4 Laptop Ram since that's what the Nuc Uses and still looking at M.2 Size might go with a 500GB M.2 for My OS and have a 1TB SSD for DCS World Server

Just 1 DCS server 500GB M.2 would be sufficient. OB server is about 70GB now with future DCS modules taking how much, less then another 70GB. and Windhose 64 is about 100GB with pagefile/hybernate.

With crap always growing like fungus on your harddrives, 250GB is just a tad to small, so is 16GB RAM. If this saves money you want the fastest CPU with fastest single core(s) in this box for multi threading Tacview, SRS, Teamspeak and such. Is what I would do. I run an old overclocked 2500K which is about as fast as this.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 3 weeks later...

This has probably been asked before, but does the dedicated server need to be installed on an actual windows os, or can it be installed on a virtual private server with windows server running on it. Any suggestions for which hosting company to use for the right one?

it will install on a VM just fine,

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

It will install on windows server as well...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
my sqdn already has a dserver set up for IL2. do we need purchase modules, terrrians for a DCS server?

server is free

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 2 weeks later...
Would it run on a:

INTEL CORE I3 550 3.20 Ghz

12 GB RAM

WIN 10 HOME 64 Bits

Thank you

It looks that this CPU features the Intel® SSE4.2, so even on the worst scenario that ED going to make this a requirements again, this specs should be fine to run a DCS Server.

Don't expect to be able to host large scale mission with large number of players on it, but for "normal" use like co-op squadron missions and so on should be enough.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

I'm having issues since the newest update. I can get to the server through the Web GUI and from the "My Servers" section on the website. They both show the server working and the mission running. The server is set to Public but I can't see it on the List when I look for it. Manually logging into it with the IP doesn't work either. Any thoughts?

I have the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix? :(:(:(

If I create a server from multiplayer, it works perfectly and I can connect without problem.

Thanks

Similar but not exactly same problem (and started before last upgrade), I have a rig running dedicated DCS server and using another PC on the same local network (just a few inches away) I can not see it on the multiplayer servers list.

I CAN manually login into it using its local IP address. Its a public server that connects ok through Web GUI and reports ok on "My Servers" section on the webpage.

• 1 month later...
Similar but not exactly same problem (and started before last upgrade), I have a rig running dedicated DCS server and using another PC on the same local network (just a few inches away) I can not see it on the multiplayer servers list.

I CAN manually login into it using its local IP address. Its a public server that connects ok through Web GUI and reports ok on "My Servers" section on the webpage.

Same thing here. Can connect through local ip but not listed. Everyone else can see it listed.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Yes (like server with GUI): Saved Games\<DCS_SERVER>\Tracks\Multiplayer

No

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Is the limit of 2 servers per account still in effect?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Is the limit of 2 servers per account still in effect?

Yes it is still in effect. If you attempt to log in the account on more than 2 sessions the account will be force logged out on all the sessions.

Since you don't need to purchase any DLC (terrains) for running the Dedicated Server what you should do is create an account specifically just for the server and use this newly created account to run the server and to access the WebGUI of the dedicated server.

Cheers!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Are we? Any solution to this issue?

You can edit the file serverSettings.lua located in the folder:

C:\Users\[user Name]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Config\

Here is an example of the DCS ISRAEL Description:

cfg = 
{
   ["description"] = "Israeli community\
\
\
discord: https://discord.gg/c4NKxvJ\
",

Cheers!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

You can edit the file serverSettings.lua located in the folder:

C:\Users\[user Name]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Config\

Here is an example of the DCS ISRAEL Description:

cfg = 
{
   ["description"] = "Israeli community\
\
\
discord: https://discord.gg/c4NKxvJ\
",

Cheers!

That doesn't and never worked, it resets to blank once server launched.

Stay safe