DCS opens directly to the hanger in VR - but no menus

taffy001

FIXED. Hi Guys,

Bit of a problem today - I opened DCS in VR which was fine, then in settings unticked the VR option and it crashed....

Now when I open DCS it opens directly into the hanger in VR and there is no menu screen - so cannot go any further... have repeated this a number of times and still the same. tried the cleanup and repair options - went through all OK but still same problem when I open (hanger but no menus)

Been just great up to today - any help gratefully taken...

Taffy

Fixed the problem ( found a solution in the VR section)..... deleted the options.lua file, ran a clean and repair and the menu is back......thanks to those who posted that solution...

Taffy

Edited by taffy001
Fixed the problem

• 2 years later...
On 4/24/2019 at 8:48 AM, taffy001 said:

FIXED. Hi Guys,

Bit of a problem today - I opened DCS in VR which was fine, then in settings unticked the VR option and it crashed....

Now when I open DCS it opens directly into the hanger in VR and there is no menu screen - so cannot go any further... have repeated this a number of times and still the same. tried the cleanup and repair options - went through all OK but still same problem when I open (hanger but no menus)

Been just great up to today - any help gratefully taken...

Taffy

Fixed the problem ( found a solution in the VR section)..... deleted the options.lua file, ran a clean and repair and the menu is back......thanks to those who posted that solution...

Taffy

Do you have the link to the solution as I also have this. Ran the cleanup and repair but not sure what the options lua is?

The options.lua is in your saved games > DCS (or DCS.openbeta) > Config folder. Just rename it and you should be OK (you will need to redo your DCS options)

Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S