Free Map

Ercoupe

we have Caucasus (ported from LOMAC)
Not at all, it's mostly a brand new map over new technology, if we follow what devs said.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Interesting

Yes, the tools and tech are being created on the fly, map creation is getting faster all the time.

Hi NineLine,

Does it also mean that visual fidelity of the maps can be pushed further as your tools evolve?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 2 weeks later...
Hawaii-Map-8-Major-Islands.jpg

I could be wrong(usually am:)) but I would think The Hawaiian Islands would be easier to do then Nevada or Persian Gulf? The Land mass of the Islands themselves is comparatively small with 80% of the map being Beautiful Ocean for Carrier Ops in 1941 with a F4U or 2019 in a Hornet?:)

I Know :) Wishful Thinking :)

While it wouldn't really fit with a modern theatre of war, I wouldn't mind a Hawaii map. What was that F18 sim called, with a map of Hawaii? Back in the late 90's, early 2000's I think. I actually thought the Flight Model in it was pretty decent. Can't remember if it was a full sim, or just a tech-demo of sort. I don't recall there ever being weapons.........

i5-6480 | 1070Ti 8GB | 16GB DDR3 | TM T16000 FCS |

F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | Spitfire | FW 190 D9 | BF 109 K4 | Mig15 | AV8B NA | Mirage 2000 | L39 | Yak52 | UH1 Huey | Mi8 | C101 | FC3 | F16 | P47 | Mi24

"I just don't like entitled little kids" :music_whistling:

Here you go

It's probably not gonna be this...

But can you imagine a 1990-1991 Kuwait? It's not a big country ;)

Dad worked there for a bit after the (first) war at Doha West

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=240305

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 1 month later...

why Yugoslavia? Let's see the list of aircraft that flew here from 40'-90' (both in Yugoslavian air force or by other air forces)

P51, BF109K, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-86, M2000, MI-8, Mig21, Mig29, Gazelle, AV8B, F18C, F16, F14. Had mix of western, domesticly developed and eastern hardware. Diverse terrain, 6th fleet was regular to Adriatic.

hmmm, why is my post on the Kuriles in another thread.

Performant

WW2

Multiplayer

Pretty

Sea

Mountains/Volcanoes

Japan, USA, Russia, China (new markets)

Military hotspot and contested continually.

The only issue on this is how they manage the airstrips.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

While it wouldn't really fit with a modern theatre of war, I wouldn't mind a Hawaii map. What was that F18 sim called, with a map of Hawaii? Back in the late 90's, early 2000's I think. I actually thought the Flight Model in it was pretty decent. Can't remember if it was a full sim, or just a tech-demo of sort. I don't recall there ever being weapons.........

F/A-18 Hornet 3.0 by Graphic Simulations Corp

I had a demo of it and dont know if there where weapons in it but I also got the full version and that plenty and also a desert map.

we already have one free map too many.

How's that? The price of dcs maps and planes is insane compared to any other game, flight sim or not.

The only reason I bought the hornet was cause I could play the game on the free map to check out the game first.

Ryzen 5 3600 | 5700 XT | 32gb | NVME

How's that? The price of dcs maps and planes is insane compared to any other game, flight sim or not.

The only reason I bought the hornet was cause I could play the game on the free map to check out the game first.

That's one point of view... otoh you have a totally free game, with real world Caucasus map, highly detailed, 4 seasons. You're free to fly infinite hours in russian mud mover (highly advanced flight model + simplified systems, campaign, countless missions, training, manual) or full fidelity WW2 trainer. Both free to play single player or multiplayer, against/with countless AI units and/or other human. Plus powerful ME in your hands so you can create any war (or peaceful) theater you can imagine... forgot something? Oh, yeah, that PC rig you play on is priced way higher than any of those insanely expensive modules.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

You're joking aren't you?

Go have a look at the cost of the add ons for either of the key civilian sims and they try to say that.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

South and North Korea, fits most modules :)

Wags has stated its not Korea.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You're joking aren't you?

Go have a look at the cost of the add ons for either of the key civilian sims and they try to say that.

Perhaps I don't know what they are then.

Prepar3d is $200 USD

FSX is $35 AUD, which is $25 USD

Large title non flight sims that I actually know (I am actually not a gamer) ARMA, $15 on sale, GTA5 $20 on sale.

All my gamer friends didn't believe me when I said it was $105 for the hornet (Australian) and $80 for a map to play it on. I was hoping they'd get into it, but not going to happen.

I wonder how much the new MS FSX will be? I am guessing less than $80 a plane/map.

Don't get me wrong, I went with DCS cause I wanted the hornet and no-one else is doing it in a combat sim (to my knowledge), and I'll probably buy a map, once I am better at it and get a new computer, cause my 8 year old one doesn't cut it.

I still don't get how any of that relates to "one free map too many". By having a free map, it allows people to check it out.

Ryzen 5 3600 | 5700 XT | 32gb | NVME