Question, DCS Multiplayer

Examos

So I've got a messege from one user long time ago (i saw it recently):

Plus if you buy any modules through steam and later find that you want to use the standalone DCS servers you will have to re-purchase all the modules you already bought.

Is it true? I will not be able to play on mulitplayer in DCS when I bought module on Steam and activated it in DCS (non-steam)?

Thanks in advance

The two versions are pretty much equivalent. The main difference is that usually new stuff gets released to the Steam version with a bit of a delay. One should decide for one of the versions and stick with it, as it is true that you can't move modules from your standalone to Steam or vice versa. You can join multiplayer flights from either version as far as I know.

The two versions are pretty much equivalent. The main difference is that usually new stuff gets released to the Steam version with a bit of a delay. One should decide for one of the versions and stick with it, as it is true that you can't move modules from your standalone to Steam or vice versa. You can join multiplayer flights from either version as far as I know.

That bit of delay is a matter of a couple hours as far as I've noticed BTW. I'm guessing it used to be longer given how often I see it mentioned.

That bit of delay is a matter of a couple hours as far as I've noticed BTW. I'm guessing it used to be longer given how often I see it mentioned.

As an example the MiG-19P release in open beta standalone took place at the beginning of march. And it took like a month to get it into stable and also on steam. According to DCS World weekend news.

MiG-19P beta release: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3817576&postcount=185

MiG-19P Steam release: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3872233&postcount=190

But except for the delay in releases there is no difference which version you run except that you can't mix the modules you bought on steam and standalone. If you already have all your modules in steam keep it there and buy new ones there. Except you have enough money left to support ed than buy it again in the standalone version. :)

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

But except for the delay in releases there is no difference which version you run except that you can't mix the modules you bought on steam and standalone. If you already have all your modules in steam keep it there and buy new ones there. Except you have enough money left to support ed than buy it again in the standalone version. :)

Steam DLC purchases can be used in the DCS World OpenBeta Standalone, this does not have any incompatibilities with servers or the game.

Investigating a bit I came across this:

technical answer

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/500/#1510447

I tried buying the Gulf Map and link my ED account with Steam, transferred the license and it worked ..., do not download or install anything from Steam, from the Module Manager of DCS download and install the Map and it is automatically activated, when opening DCS World OpenBeta is not Steam, I tried it on servers and it works perfect, the only difference is the protection type of the DLC, the Steam is Keyless and the ED is StarForce, but everything works without problems.

I pass the screenshots of ED E-Shop and my Licenses

RLaG85f.jpg

xj5iXuR.jpg

With the offers I bought the map of Nevada and I did the same procedure and it works perfect

I clarify that: "it can be bought on Steam and used in DCS World Standalone ... but it can not be bought in ED and used in Steam".

Greetings to all

DCS WORLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]