Ghost TD Box (Target Designator) on HUD when target locked

BlimpyBoy

Hey guys! I just jumped back into the Hornet today and noticed something different with the HUD symbology behavior when targets gets locked up.

If you take a look at the attached track file, I'm getting a ghost TD box floating around...not sure if this is new with LTWS or what...any ideas?

This is a fresh install of DCS on a fresh install of windows 10...VR with an HTC Vive Pro.

Thanks

f18hud.trk

Edited by BlimpyBoy

It's the LTWS. One press of the TDC makes the contact the L&S target, but the radar still performs full sweeps, one press more locks it with STT.

Watch this:

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Thanks for the reply Harker! I didn't realize it was on by default...at least in the instant action/missions.

But the second TD box was due to the JHMCS being on and looking through the HUD. I think I have to tweak the HMD reject options a little...because this didn't happen before.

Ok so I tried it out again and the JHMCS symbology is messed up, at least in my game.

When locking up a target with the JHMCS off-bore (ie looking up, left , etc), the TD box should follow the target. But for me, the TD box is jumping back to the HUD.

I've attached my track file so you can see as well as a link to a YouTube video how it's supposed to work.

f18hud2.trk