[RESOLVED] CTD MP

Neuse

As we've been hunting down those random crashes you reported (as Cobra wrote before, DCS doesn't produce crash logs because of the DRM, so it has been extremely complicated), we've received multiple reports with crashes happening outside of our code and in the other parts of DCS. So just that you're aware that only some of the crashes you experience while flying the F-14 are from the F-14. And of course we're very sorry that you experience any crashes with the F-14. Nevertheless, our testers haven't got any F-14 crashes for weeks and probably the next patch should eliminate that last issue with PAL/TCS that I discussed in this topic before. Finally, I wanted to write that we take all your reports very seriously, and after we receive a proper crash log, either from you or from our testers, usually we have it fixed the same day or the next day. So I wanted to thank you all for your reports because you're making the F-14 module better.

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another one tonight. completely random-

one of the way for me to avoid these is to relaunch the game in between flights.. they always seem to happen after a certain amount of time

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Same as above ^^ 30 mins flight on fresh launched client for both of us, RIO CTD while doing absolutely nothing. No engagement, no PAL, just cruising. We simply cannot complete a session without a CTD. Only happens in 14, all other aircraft we can fly for hours without issue. Sometimes its pilot, sometimes its RIO

I really cant understand how the testers don't get CTD for weeks when I literally cannot complete an hour session online (mainly BF or DDCS) without either myself, wingman or RIO CTD in the 14. I understand this is a hard one to nail down but the disparity with testers and online experience seem quite large.

Edited by Marstiphal

Same as above ^^ 30 mins flight on fresh launched client for both of us, RIO CTD while doing absolutely nothing. No engagement, no PAL, just cruising. We simply cannot complete a session without a CTD. Only happens in 14, all other aircraft we can fly for hours without issue. Sometimes its pilot, sometimes its RIO

I really cant understand how the testers don't get CTD for weeks when I literally cannot complete an hour session online (mainly BF or DDCS) without either myself, wingman or RIO CTD in the 14. I understand this is a hard one to nail down but the disparity with testers and online experience seem quite large.

Evidently they fixed one of the sources to the crashing, but ED has not released the patch yet. That said, our crashing might be related to something else, but I would wait until the new patch drops to report additional CTDs.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Those were static objects placed in the mission editor so the fix should apply to all maps.

What objects were they?

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

two more flights..

one on buddy spike Caucasus, on CTD after 10min with no reasons.

another one on buddy spike Persian, another CTD after 10min while using jester...

really a pain

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Can anyone from HB confirm that the potential fix for this was in todays OB? Nothing in official changelog. :/

EDIT: Official change log updated with F-14 notes. Q answered.

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I've been averaging two to three CTDs a night for a few weeks now. As of this second (and hopefully it's not just my lucky night), I am no longer experiencing CTDs.

Well done on fixing or reducing the severity of the issue and what appears to be a good patch all round.

Hi guys, those are some good initial news, and we hope this will count for everyone, in that sense please be so kind all of you who experienced CTDs frequently in the past, keep an eye out with this patch and let us know, if the problem is gone for you. Thanks to all your reports and Super Grover, hopefully it will be solved now.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

I played it post post patch last night for something like an hour and a half in multiplayer (lots of dogfighting so using the pilots radar lockup a lot), and it didnt crash once. So from my perspective at the moment, it looks solved. Nice work.

Hey Shadoga,

Thanks for your log. Unfortunately, nothing is suggesting what caused that crash, and it's a bit unlikely that accepting a client RIO could trigger something fatal on the F-14 side as nothing changes in the F-14 until the RIO gets spawned in the cockpit. If the simulator keeps crashing for you in such situations, please let us know, and we will investigate it further.

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

I played all night on DDCS with the F14 and not a single CTD! I think you guys found it. I was updated but server was not.

Same, 1st time in a loong time - complete session with no CTD. Fingers well and truly firmly crossed it continues

Flew 3-4 hours tonight. No CTD! Yayyyyy! Good job finding that bug!

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Hey Shadoga,

Thanks for your log. Unfortunately, nothing is suggesting what caused that crash, and it's a bit unlikely that accepting a client RIO could trigger something fatal on the F-14 side as nothing changes in the F-14 until the RIO gets spawned in the cockpit. If the simulator keeps crashing for you in such situations, please let us know, and we will investigate it further.

Hey Krzysztof,

thank you for looking into it and your quick reply.

It just happened again tonight on GrowlingSidewinder Server, log attached.

Let me know if this is not Tomcat-related, I will then repost in the general DCS bug section!

Hope it helps, kind regards

DCSLogs.zip

Thank you for your report, Shadoga.

The log doesn't contain anything suggesting that the F-14 caused that crash directly. Although I can't rule out some indirect F-14 impact on that crash, the log looks as it was a crash in the core of DCS.

Also big thanks to everyone reporting that the CTDs are gone for you.

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

• 1 month later...
I want to thank huppel for suggesting that mission, and everyone for reporting their crashes. I've finally managed to trigger a CTD using that mission, and it's probably the weirdest DCS crash I've ever seen. It's a mix of a very specific avionics setup, plus the environment, plus some static objects in the vicinity of the aircraft. But the key was some partially initialized static objects - like the oil rigs, gas stations, etc. That's why some of you experienced those crashes, while the other didn't - it was very mission specific.

So at least one source of the CTDs is fixed. I can't guarantee that it was the only reason of the CTDs you got, but I can say that at least this one is going to be fixed for you on Wednesday.

Thank you on behalf of all the 14 pilots that were lost to the void. Their sacrifice will not be forgotten o7

No more CTDs have been experienced on my end since this fix.

Modules owned: