F-14 Rio Navigation

HawgDawg4Life

Help! I dont know what I am doing wrong, I have watched 10 thousand videos, read the damned F-14 manual, and still I can not figure out why I can not get the steer points to show on the HSD. If I jump into the Rio seat after Jester has done the startup the HSD shows an arrow to the steer point just fine. If I do the startup, like in the 10 thousand videos, my heading indicator just spins around and around in the compass rose and the HSD does not have a pointer. WHAT am I missing?

HawgDawg4life of MSFlights.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Steer point select knob on the right side of TID?

You have entered valid lat and long into the CAP?

Pilot has DESTINATION selected as steering point?

Side note you can drop waypoints on the TID with TID cursor, tricky to do because there is no map. Can also drag waypoints around in the same way, hook WP, hold half action, then full action at new location.

I had this issue as well, what fixed it for me is every time after you finished entering a new way point, turn the steer point selector knob on the top right of the TID to another random way point, then turn it back to the correct way point you just set up. Has worked flawlessly for me since doing this.

Hope this helps, have an outstanding day. :-)

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:gun_smilie:

229th Assault Helicopter Battalion - Always Recruiting

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

DCS Squadron Recruiting Page for the 229th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

For details see our website at:

http://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/

I had this issue as well, what fixed it for me is every time after you finished entering a new way point, turn the steer point selector knob on the top right of the TID to another random way point, then turn it back to the correct way point you just set up. Has worked flawlessly for me since doing this.

Hope this helps, have an outstanding day. :-)

OK, I feel like I am the Space Cadet, lol. I wasn't aware that the nav points had to be manually entered. In fact, of the 10K video's I was watching, none of them showed the Rio Entering steer points into the computer. I guess it was a huge assumption on my part to think that if nav points were entered into the mission (via mission editor) that they would be translated to the computer. Feelin pretty dumb, but now I know. The good thing is that after watching all those video's, there is no doubt that I know exactly how to do it!

Thanks everyone for your responses. You guys have made me a better rio.

HawgDawg4life of MSFlights.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]