F-18 DDI's color?

DeathAngel1

Isnt that a Super Hornet thing?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I believe the DDIs in the Block-20 should be able to show multiple different colours. I’d expect we will get that later in early access.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

CF-18's have them also. But the modeled version wouldn't.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I asked Wags this same question on YouTube forum earlier when the Hornet was released if we will get multicolor ddi beside the green background and I believe he said no.

Overtime flying the Hornet with the adding of SA page color option on radar page , the cockpit now looks so gorgeous for me.

I would not put much hope on getting a white background ddi by Ed like the superbug F-18E except a mod is done to get this.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• 1 month later...
DDI/MFDs have only three colors(G.R.Y).Continuing to upgrade to AMC&D is the full-color display. DDI is mostly green in the game.

EVen Super Hornets that have new Mission computer with new LCD DDI's ( since Lot 25) dont take full advantage new tech of display full colours. compared to legacy hornet instead of green Overlay/ general symboloog it is white.

Like in the Legacy , within the Lot 25 + Super Hornets , Unidentified contacts are yellow, , Red for IFF'd enemies . Never seen SUper Hornets ever utilize full range of colors ( IE Moving map) on Left or Right DDI even if they could be theoretically capable of it

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

How about the HUD color. F18 in another place has selectable colors which was very nice in adapting to different views. The plane flew like crap which is what got me looking for and finding DCS. Still i liked it selectable.

You get me wrong. I mean whole DDi should be in white/red/yellow color. Not only 1-2 symbols.

Do you have a picture or a valid source? It is always green, with yellow and red symbols. Other variants that have their DDI's upgraded might have some other capabilities.

They only Legacy Hornets that have the Super Hornet style symbology (White etc...) are the ones upgraded by the Swiss and Finland Air Forces. Maybe the USMC C+ got those too but I have not yet seen any pictures.

The LOT 20 hornet we have (US Navy) did not have the Multi-Color DDI's like the upgraded versions some of you are reference. So I don't think we will ever get them as it doesn't fit what ED modeled.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

They only Legacy Hornets that have the Super Hornet style symbology (White etc...) are the ones upgraded by the Swiss and Finland Air Forces. Maybe the USMC C+ got those too but I have not yet seen any pictures.

USMC F/A18A ++ Hornets also have Colour LCD DDI's as well as the RCAF CF18's post modernization.

But yeah USN legacy Hornets never got full colour DDI's.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I believe the DDIs in the Block-20 should be able to show multiple different colours. I’d expect we will get that later in early access.

U said block hehehe f-16's guys are laughing and hornet guys want's a case of beer for that ;)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]