VR Stutter after leaving MAP MODE

Turnip

Greetings, I've had this issue thru multiple updates and can't figure it out. I can fly with the Oculus fine. Nice frame rates etc but my issue is that when I go into map mode (F10) and then exit, it tanks my FPS. It makes the sim unflyable. I have tried lowering my PD, updated all drivers, multiple switches thrown to try and find the cause and made changes to nVidia control panel. Still can't figure out the issue. Any ideas? Thanks

• 1 month later...

I’m having the same issue. F10 map screws it up. Did you find a reliable way to fix it? I found the best way is to take the Rift off my head, place it motionless on my desk so that it’s screens turn off, then I Alt+Tab between all my open windows one at a time, then return to DCS window, out the headset back on, and it’s butter smooth again. Problem is that it works only 75% of the time. I’m not able to pinpoint what the issue really is.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Is it a low FPS or is it a double draw (high FPS, but second frame lag behind all the head motions)?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I think it is the second one. If my head stays still, FPS seems ok. It’s only the movement that is stuttering.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

I think it is the second one. If my head stays still, FPS seems ok. It’s only the movement that is stuttering.

So you mean that your FPS drops? It becomes a slideshow?

As the second one (double draw) is perfectly smooth, at a high FPS, but everything gets double drawn so that two of same images are drawn around the center of your vision with slight lag.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

No head movement, I have full FPS. If I move my head, very low FPS. I just don’t use the F10 map anymore and I’m ok. Would love to know if there’s a simple workaround though to “reset” the VR after using the F10 map.

Seems strange but try this. Just take the HMD off, or let the screen go into standby by moving the sensor far enough away. Give it a few seconds..10/15 count and try again, i have no idea why but it works for me.

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been doing. Seems there is no reset button to make it quick, but this works until they fix the firmware I suppose.