Latest REV - Weapons HIT & MISS

rickberry49

Is anyone else finding it hard to hit targets with any of the weapon systems in the latest REV... MAV's seem to go off into LA LA LAND or in one case hit another real target that I was never aiming at. In the PG Quick Start mission the mav heads for a ZU23 but I had a Tank locked up...

38s are missing by a bunch as well...

Been flying for over 2.5 yrs now and have never had this much trouble with A10 weapons... I used to be able to FC a mav H into a target from 12-15 miles out... Now I can't get it to hit from 6 miles. And it doesn't even head in the direction of the target I have locked or FC on...???

Bummer, cuz many of the TAW pilots for A10 are reporting the same trouble... I thought it might be the server but I'm seeing the same issues in SP on PG and Cauc.. H-MAV's when launched in FC mode seem to just go off into la la land. Others like in the PG Quick Start mission "STRIKE" head in to kill ZSU23 when I'm targeting a tank a mile away... All shots taken within 12 nm well within range and with good target lock...

seeing this in OB, latest release

Bummer, cuz many of the TAW pilots for A10 are reporting the same trouble... I thought it might be the server but I'm seeing the same issues in SP on PG and Cauc.. H-MAV's when launched in FC mode seem to just go off into la la land. Others like in the PG Quick Start mission "STRIKE" head in to kill ZSU23 when I'm targeting a tank a mile away... All shots taken within 12 nm well within range and with good target lock...

seeing this in OB, latest release

I concur!!!

D and H are broken. After missile goes off rail it's fly to the right even if target right in front of A-10C, and then start turn to the right direction, run out of juice and fell short. :pilotfly:

A-10C AV-8B Bf109 UH-1H Ka-50 FC3 F-14A F-16C F-18C | NEVADA NTTR PG

The sensor orientation bug is back in 2.5.4? So glad I still have my release version stuck at 2.5.3

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Yesterday I couldn't hit a single JDAM, most of the time they missed by almost a kilometer or so! Release 4 in sequence on the same target, at 10k ft above, they all hit further ahead and on almost equal spacing, there is something wrong with them for sure.

I have used AGM-65D, GBU-12 and CBU-105 today and all worked correctly. I have not tried the GBU-38 JDAM yet, I will have to set up a mission to test.

I'm wondering though whether those who have experienced these problems have created profiles for the weapons before they used them. I'm saying this because I have used these weapons for a long time without problems, but at some point in time I experienced misses quite similar to what I read in this thread. I asked for help and was told that I should create profiles for the stand-off weapons. And indeed that fixed it for me.

Edit:

Now I fired two GBU-38 JDAM's at two bridges (from 16,000 ft altitude), and both hit exactly on target.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

now try dropping from under 7500 agl and see what happens, you can try dumb bombs and ccip too

I don't attack defended targets from such low altitudes. That would be suicide, or Russian roulette at best. But for the sake of testing, will try tomorrow.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I don't attack defended targets from such low altitudes. That would be suicide, or Russian roulette at best.

From what I understand here we talk about testing the efficiency of a weapon system, and not going to make war against defended targets. With a non-functioning weapon system as it should be, going off bombs "because they only work from up there" wouldn't give me any fun. And let's remember that in battle you can be relatively retasked, in another killbox or for a tic to do other stuff in another place.

Sorry guys for the OT.

Test from 7,500 ft

now try dropping from under 7500 agl and see what happens, you can try dumb bombs and ccip too

I tried the weapons from 7500 ft altitude.

AGM-65D are fine. No misses.

CBU-105 are fine. I killed 10 trucks with 2 bombs.

GBU-12 missed in my first test with lase time set = 8s. In my second test I set lase time = 6 s and with 2 LGB's I destroyed 2 APC's. So apparently lase time must be adjusted down at lower altitudes.

GBU-38 missed all the time. I tried min. altitude settings of 3000 ft and 6000 ft. No idea what else to try.

So in my tests, only the GBU-38 JDAM fails to hit target. And of course I created profiles for all these weapons before using them.

LeCuvier

Yep, mission 7 on Baltic Dragons TEW 3.0 requires 38s above K12ft cloud on JTAC coordinates. Tried that today, No chance, they miss by miles.

I tried 3 times from three different altitudes down from k20ft.

Im going to have to try suicide run with MAVs seeing that the 38s are bugged.

i5/9600K wc, Z390XP, 32Gb/DDR4, 1080ti wc, 850 Evo SSD, TMWH, DSD FLT1, ORs.

A10C, UH1, MI8, BF109K4, SA342M, L39C, M2000C, Mig21BIS, Mig15, F86, C101, Hawk, F-14, F-5E, Spitfire MkIX, AV8B N/A, FA-18C, P51-D, Yak 52, Mig19p, F-16C, JF-17 OPF, Red Flag2, MusRel, BnboB, Tbs, TEW 3.0, TTQ, MI8 OFC, SC.

Yep, mission 7 on Baltic Dragons TEW 3.0 requires 38s above K12ft cloud on JTAC coordinates. Tried that today, No chance, they miss by miles. ...

I tried again today using 6 JDAMs against armoured vehicles and bridges.

1. GBU-38 on T-55 from 16,000 ft altitude:

First bomb hit very close and damaged the tank. IRL I'm sure it would have been out of action but DCS only shows it as damaged.

Second bomb hit smack on and killed it.

2. GBU-38 on 2 APC's from 19,000 ft altitude:

Two bombs in 2 runs hit and destroyed 2 APC's.

3. GBU-31s on 2 bridges from 16,000 ft altitude.

Both bombs hit smack on and both bridges were destroyed. In 2 runs of course.

For both bomb types I had created named profiles with min. altitude = 10,000 ft.

The main difference between your scenario and mine is that you relied on coordinates provided by a JTAC. I had waypoints set close to the targets, and since I had visibility I could use the TGP to set the SPI exactly on target.

So I would venture to say that your problem might be caused be inaccurate target coordinates. Given sufficient altitude and SPI's precisely on target, I have never experienced problems with the JDAMs.

LeCuvier

So I would venture to say that your problem might be caused be inaccurate target coordinates. Given sufficient altitude and SPI's precisely on target, I have never experienced problems with the JDAMs.

Thanks for you thoughts on this. On one of my attempts, i ventured below the clouds into visual conditions and used the TGP which confirmed the coordinates were accurate.

I then used a workaround solution and rearmed with LGBs, even though there was no target visible on the TGP the laser was sufficient to guide the GBU-12 through the clouds onto the JTAC mark. I would have preferred the JDAMS to work though.

i5/9600K wc, Z390XP, 32Gb/DDR4, 1080ti wc, 850 Evo SSD, TMWH, DSD FLT1, ORs.

A10C, UH1, MI8, BF109K4, SA342M, L39C, M2000C, Mig21BIS, Mig15, F86, C101, Hawk, F-14, F-5E, Spitfire MkIX, AV8B N/A, FA-18C, P51-D, Yak 52, Mig19p, F-16C, JF-17 OPF, Red Flag2, MusRel, BnboB, Tbs, TEW 3.0, TTQ, MI8 OFC, SC.

I tried again today using 6 JDAMs against armoured vehicles and bridges.

1. GBU-38 on T-55 from 16,000 ft altitude:

First bomb hit very close and damaged the tank. IRL I'm sure it would have been out of action but DCS only shows it as damaged.

Second bomb hit smack on and killed it.

2. GBU-38 on 2 APC's from 19,000 ft altitude:

Two bombs in 2 runs hit and destroyed 2 APC's.

3. GBU-31s on 2 bridges from 16,000 ft altitude.

Both bombs hit smack on and both bridges were destroyed. In 2 runs of course.

For both bomb types I had created named profiles with min. altitude = 10,000 ft.

The main difference between your scenario and mine is that you relied on coordinates provided by a JTAC. I had waypoints set close to the targets, and since I had visibility I could use the TGP to set the SPI exactly on target.

While the other poster’s issue may have been bad data, I’m positive there’s something wrong with JDAMs.

We have the NTTR fully modeled on one of our servers including the conventional 63/64 ranges where we have dead nuts 10 digit grids + elevation for the two circles at each range. We also run a scoring script for bombing comps. Four wings-level passes from 15K with one of the circles as STPT and the GBU-38s missed by an average of 120m.

They’re borked

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com