Windows Mixed Reality "Blacking Out"

oannes

So I have a Lenovo Explorer which uses Windows Mixed reality and I am having a problem when using it. I get these random intervals where for no reason the screen will just go black as if it trying to load something. It is very intermittent and not predictable, but this also happens in other games so I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem and knows a fix for it?

I have Windows Mixed Reality installed on steam so I can launch using steam VR, and the frame rate inside VR is fine, it's just these intermittent black screens I get sometimes that can ruin my experience.:helpsmilie:

I have seen this report with the Lenovo Explorer. There are several threads on reddit and in other forums when you do a google search for it. Most seem to have found it to be an issue with the HMD.

I do get the black screen as well on my PC, but when it happens, I am finding my CPU is maxed out and is struggling.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

I think you're the guy I talked to on reddit about it actually lol. Guess we just have to hope something is done to patch the issue in the future with WMD integration into Steam VR or whatever is ultimately causing it.

My buddy just had to return his Explorer due to an issue like this and his serial number was part of a recall for a known screen defect. Lenovo didn't elaborate on the issue, but they did send a replacement immediately and a return shipping label for the broken unit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fair Winds and Following Seas