WIP, Dutch F-104 Starfighters

m0j0NL

-update, these are the remaining trouble spots.. trying to get the camo to overlap correctly on 3-4 different skin files is pretty damn hard (and new for me), for example the cockpit area circled in green took me wel over 3 hours to match up, seeing as the body, back window, middle window, front window and nose are all separate from each other in the skin file..

But have plenty of time today/tomorrow, so it should be done by then, and i`l probably just replace the 65 years stuff on the tail with the default colors, place the roundels for 322sq, change the registration number and the pack should be up sometime this weekend.

XNodgOTI_o.jpg

QUEhZvPf_o.jpg

Having a pretty damn hard time with that camouflage though..

yyk50i2p5hr21.png

Edited by m0j0NL
updating thread.

My skins: https://tiny.cc/m0j0NL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the reactions.

The camouflages are still driving me nuts, so to get my mind of them I created a couple QF-104 skins based upon the QF-104`s that flew in the 60`s as targets for the then flying F-102 and F-106.

Not a big demand for drones, but I like using them in my Red Flag like missions.

Should be up to download after administrator approval:

6gM2vvcE_o.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

XNodgOTI_o.jpg

found a couple of the points for you, the two panels with red stripe, and the centre spine are located on VSN_F104G-02.dds

And section near front above intakes is on VSN_F104G-01.dds

pics below

Capture.thumb.JPG.b7033ac9c77ca5dbf54945474f3ea1b0.JPG

Capture2.JPG.7d88b66b877c76a2c69d4b21335600dc.JPG

Capture3.JPG.7908512035ab6c308560f30eeeee80f1.JPG

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

CF-104

This aircraft will certainly be the cause of a lot of wide, skinny screenshots, at least the side view ;)

mAvang.jpg

Obviously very much a WIP. Just placeholders for now, but I'm planning natural metal finish and variegated camo schemes as well.

Edited by jocko417

Thank you m0j0NL for your skins. Really a beautiful work. As I am currently working on a classic camo Italian Air Force skin I can really understand the frustration one can experience while making such skins (way harder than the modern low-vis F-104S ASA-M).

PS I would really appreciate if you can let me know whether you find a way to get rid of the original German roundel/numbers appearing under some lighting conditions.

Hey Gerbil,

No, no idea how to get rid of this.

Working on an all over yellow special livery for JaboG 33 Starfighter and I also cannot get rid of the "sheen" of the metallic underbelly of the starfighter, I think this has to do with the Roughmets?, but I haven`t done any work with those.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]