[FREEZE FIXED INTERNALLY] JDAM Feedback thread

NineLine

So currently unless we do the exact steps the JDAMS cause an infinite loop error is basically what I'm getting from reading this?

can some one confirm that the correct steps to use the JDAMS with out entering loop crash territory is:

1. Set up JDAMS in PP mode.

2. Make certain QTY Station and Step station match.

3. Hit pickle

4. Watch weapon drop Drop.

5. if 2 isn't set then 3 will cause a freeze?

And I'm not reporting it i'm asking if those are the correct work around / steps atm so i can at least let the people I fly with who don't come and check the forums know.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Hi again, Wags,

I had no problems with ft vs. meters when testing JDAMs (GBU38 ) today. Did I just get lucky? (tested from 23ft to 780ft elevations).

It depends on the target location. Low elevation areas will naturally have a low delta, and thus little error. High elevation areas will have a significant delta and a great level of error.

Thanks

Just curious how accurate they are. I dropped two (33) today to test and both were approximately 1/2 mile away from their intended targets.

I'm setting up a wing flight tonight and don't want to listen to guys complain the JADAMs are not working right.

Also, notice the TACAN and NAV range is not appearing on the HUD. Is this an introduced bug?

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Not sure if this is reported, but when setting up PP pages for a single pass on 4x individual targets, can't assign different stations per bomb, respectively; it seems that I'm only able to assign station 2 to pp1, and station2 can't be changed to other stations for pp2 - 4. Maybe I'm missing something, but after I set up pp1, I switch to a different pp, select a different station from the qty menu, then enter data via msn page. It doesn't switch the station but seems to be stuck on that first station I selected for pp1.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Delevero, you need to convert coordinates from decimal to arc second.

See my guide here:

https://forums.mudspike.com/t/f-a-18c-jdam-paveway-targeting/8325

just wrapping my head around this :)

On map N 25:12:885 E 54:14:273. Some convert the .885 by 0.885*60 and type that number in ?

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just curious how accurate they are. I dropped two (33) today to test and both were approximately 1/2 mile away from their intended targets.

I'm setting up a wing flight tonight and don't want to listen to guys complain the JADAMs are not working right.

Also, notice the TACAN and NAV range is not appearing on the HUD. Is this an introduced bug?

I can confirm, i dropt 4 JDAMS (GBU31) on a SA 6 site today, in one pass. all 4 targets got a direct hit. i rounded up the coords. so this was initial 43°29'35.40"N 39°53'02.75"E 11m

432935N 395303E 11m thats what i used and it was direct hit.

SFMBE

Not possible to enter PP JDAM coordinates with elevation zero

Hi,

not sure if reported but it is not possible to enter coordinates with elevation 0 meters via UFC, PP stay crossed.

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

With multiple JDAM types, if you switch between them, the 10 min alignment countdown starts over. This seems to occur even if the alignment has completed.

Experienced the same, wondering if bug or intended behavior.

Furthermore i had trouble getting the WPTdesignate to work in PP mode, but wouldn't be sure if i did everything correct at this point.

Something seems like it might be a bug, or perhaps just needs further development? You can’t identify a specific program independently for each weapon. I.E., if I start with station 8 and select PP1, then step to station 2 and select PP2...if I step back to station 8, PP1 is no longer loaded to it and it is now also PP2. Based on the documention that is out there, some posted in another thread already before, I don’t think it is supposed to work that way. The software should remember independent profiles for each weapon without having to be manually selected at time of release.

• ED Team
basically my GBU-38 goes full missile after being released in TOO mode with valid target data, overshooting the target with 1000 kts +

Track or it didn't happen ;)

Can someone watch this track, I'm not sure why my bombs don't drop at the same spot when I release 3 of them one by one:

Haven't watched the track yet, but JDAM accuracy is off right now.

Something seems like it might be a bug, or perhaps just needs further development? You can’t identify a specific program independently for each weapon. I.E., if I start with station 8 and select PP1, then step to station 2 and select PP2...if I step back to station 8, PP1 is no longer loaded to it and it is now also PP2. Based on the documention that is out there, some posted in another thread already before, I don’t think it is supposed to work that way. The software should remember independent profiles for each weapon without having to be manually selected at time of release.

Do you have a track of this? Works correctly for me.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Track or it didn't happen ;)

Haven't watched the track yet, but JDAM accuracy is off right now.

I found the problem, the waypoint altitude in the mission editor needs to be the actual target height.

I'll see what I can do. Looking at Wag's multi-target video from a few weeks ago, I see the same operation as what's in his video. As he releases each weapon, he has to manually select profiles 2, 3, 4...as they are not automatically set for each station. When he initially sets up the profiles, he steps to each station and selects a profile (sta 8, pp1, station 2, pp2, etc) but this information isn't retained when he goes to drop, he has to select 2, 3, 4 before he drops each weapon, otherwise they would all drop using pp1.

It works like what's in Wags video, yet, I'm not certain that it's necessarily supposed to operate that way.

Guest Hornetmadd

Hi people, just created a user to post here. I noted that the GBU 31s launched from the IN RNG queue never reach the target. But the GBU 38s do very well at max range.

Saw that no one mentioned that so I thought about bringing it here.

Thanks for the update with JDAMS!

to avoid crashing to your desktop, we can do 2 things: first to completely avoid setting up the QTY page.. or 2, make sure that whatever you have selected in QTY page is what you're actually dropping.

For me, I do the first one as that is a lot less work to do (especially if you're dropping multiple JDAMs in 1 pass). Downside is you can't really manage you're wing load after dropping.

Option 2 is fine, but you have to select each one precisely how you set it up in the QTY page.

Oh, for those who missed it, you could enter the last 2 decimal digits in lat/long. So if you're trying to enter N 26o 15' 02.05".. it's gonna be.. N 26 15 02 -enter- 05 -enter. I didn't know this beforehand and so was missing targets really bad. I don't think this was also in Wags' video.. or i just missed them. :lol:

There used to be a thread about this, but for some reason it was deleted.

The problem is related to the station selected may not coincide with the QTY selected station. The workaround is to make sure the store selected on Stores page is the same selected in Quantity in the JDAM page, then pickle. Yes, it's a bit a nuisance.

For me, I would just stay away from JDAMs for now. It's not even hitting the target properly anyway. Mine miss for about 20 meters or so.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

• ED Team
Even without precise mode, the JDAM's are VERY inaccurate - I am barely able to hit ships with GBU-31's. Even dumb bombs are more accurate. Is the CEP actually supposed to be this bad?

Issues currently with JDAMs across the game right now, its being worked on.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

JDAM DISPLAY PAGE - PB11 Wags' video vs. game

Hi NineLine,

It does not for me.

Following Wags' YT clip DCS: F/A-18C Hornet: JDAM Multi-Target Attack Pass.

When in the JDAM DISP page, selecting PB 15 QTY and then STA2 or STA3 or STA7 or STA8 does not change selected station for PP1 - PP4 when setting up MSN details (altitudes and coordinates).

It definitely does not work the way that is shown in the mentioned YT clip for me.

Track attached.

In this track, I waited for the counter to show 7:30 thinking maybe that was the issue but I can do the same without timer alike.

JDAM.trk

Edited by Gierasimov
spelling

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta